Has anyone tried working up honesty...

...on a character with no forensic ID? I'm finding it slow going. I've been running all over Britannia looking for lost items but they are few and far between and each turn-in the lost and found barely moves my honesty at all. Any experts out there who can offer points on where best to look for lost items?

Some say the coast lines are good, e.g. on Moonglow Island, which might be a reference to Moonglow being devoted to the virtue of Honesty. To answer the question of efficiency, people have told me you either have Forensic Evaluation or you don't train Honesty at all. Even as a Grandmaster Detective it's slow as hell and I don't know anyone who is still bothering.

People tend to leave this game when trying to do things that are just too tedious. Even people who don't log in at all seem to stay longer as the frustration of paying for a game that you don't play is far lower than the endless grinding that some aspects of the game require. You might consider that before continueing your training.

I'm up three dots in a day and it actually isn't as tedious as I thought it would be. It's nice to have a reason to roam the lands. It's just a shame so many houses are private. I would like to see the designs and decor more closely. I also figured I'd check house signs while I'm at it and see if I could find IDOCs along the way.

I'd try working up some forensics, on another char if need be. 70 is enough to fairly reliably establish the name and city of the npc owner of the piece. It doesn't have to be the char that id's it that hands it in.

To find them I usually circle Nujelm, Buccs Den, Fire Island or Moonglow - stay just a little away from the coastline, keeping it on screen but allowing you to find items that are a little in land too. Remember you get more credit for Feluccan lost items than Trammel ones. I've also sometimes found items on Skara and Jhelom, doing a quick crun around the coast when returning items to those cities.

I knighted Honesty the other day.

There is light at the end of the tunnel :)

I purchased 10 teleport scrolls at the mage shop in Skara,Tram. They where 31 gold each, my total charge for the purchase was 217 gold. So I got 3 free basicly. (better than clipping coupons :P)

I started a new char with 50 FE, by about 56 FE and with failing some i could determine the city and owner. The char.you want Honesty on doesnt have to find and FE the item, just the person turning it in will get points.

What Petra Fyde said about the places to find items is what I did, both Tram and Fel and yes exploring and checking out houses tends to make the trips more interesting.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

You get more honesty points if you turn them in to the city it belongs to.

You can turn it in to any city and get some points, but the city the person is in you get more.

Yup. If you use Forensic Evaluation on the item, it will tell you what city, and sometimes even what person.

If I remember right, you can return the item to the correct person for more points, but I'm not positive on that.