Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ninja

- - - - - ninja

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
How are you rasining your ninja skill in the beginning since a lot of the moves required steath? Do you have steath on your char? You need a skill of 80 to be able to deathstrike right?
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I wondered this as well. Since I plan to start working it this weekend, it would be nice to know.

Does this still work?

Ninjitsu uses no regs or tithing, so you would be better off to invest in a Mana Regeneration, or Lower Mana Cost suit, rather than the ever popular Lower Reagent Cost suit .

Things needed:
A horse
+mana regen items
Be on Trammel facet

Training:
1) tell horse to attack you
2) cast spell- focus attack
3) target self

UOA Macro:

HIt record on selected macro
then say all kill
cast focus attack
target self

When done, the macro should look like this
Speak (all kill)
cast spell ( focus attack)
Target (you can change this to target last target)
wait till mana is XX amount

Retrieved from "http://www.uoforums.com/wiki/index.php/Ninjitsu_Skill_Guide"
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
What I did was do animal form in my house while working poison and burning counts to go blue so I could go back to tram and train on a horse once I got to DS levels. 3 in 1 benefits there. Nox/ninja/blue

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
so animal form will take you all the way to 80?
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I think I stopped in the 70s-ish. I threw on a ring/brace so I could start doing DS once I was there. I turned blue and could go back to towns again..Be sure to not be in a guild when doing this tho, as your horse will bite it after 1 hit.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
i try the whole horse thing and golem thing but i cant seem to get it too work even when i am not guilded and in or out of town
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I've 115+ 4 ninjas so I got this all down to a tee. Here's what I do.

Train ninjitsu off a ninja first. That gets you to about 30. Ninja's can be found in the tokuno city. Animal form a rabbit over and over, till you get to 40. Mirror image till you get to 65 or so, maybe 70. Now here's where it gets interesting.

Get a golem. If you're in a guild, you have to be in town for this to work. If you're not in a guild, then you only have to be in trammel. Most importantly though, regardless of guild status, you have to be in trammel.

Tell the golem to attack you "all kill." Remember, if you're in a guild you have to be in town, otherwise, if you're not in town, the golem will hurt you. If you're not in a guild, this doesn't apply. Now all you do is just focus attack(make sure you don't have a shield, you can't focus attack with a shield in hand). You dont' have to target yourself or anything, just focus attack, you'll get gains.

Once you get to 90 or so, switch it to deathstrike, and you'll get all the way to 120 this way. It does take a while, don't get me wrong, but you'll see gains. Took me a week and a half of training to 120 ninjitsu, and this was like, 5-6 hours a days of training.

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Damn have to try that. You are the man though for going through all that.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Np, ninjitsu seems to be the "it" skill right now, and as it should be, it's a very fun skill to use, and not overpowered. Also another key note i forgot to address. Your chance to hit with a deathstrike pertains a lot to ninjitsu skill level, but also to your HCI and weapon skill level. If you're 120 swords/wrestle/fencing/archery, with 45 HCI, you'll land your deathstrikes more frequently.

I'm currently working on ninjitsu as we speak, hitting a golem. Working it on my mule dexxer(he's stat'ed up but all he does is work skills), and i'm going to stone it over to my archer, since I don't want to waste all those arrows.

edit: forgot to mention macing as well, lol.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
ahhh yes, the dummy character. I miss having mine, but I eventually made him into the scribe/mage. I forgot about the mirror image in there too. I did animal for a bit, then mirror, then deathstrike. I did it all while working nox, then when working macing on the golem.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I think I'll have to try that.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Lets not highlight Ninjitsu too much, some non-pvping other forum trolls would love trolling this bit of information and get it nerfed. I dont feel like reworking another template anytime soon. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
I have worked ninjitsu on about four charactors to GM and higher and the only pet I have used to train is a small fuzzy rabbit. (This way you should always hit even if you only have like 50 melee skill.) Use non guilded charactor in tram like it has been said many times above. Your weapon will not loose durability if you are not doing damage. If you are doing damage then something isn't right.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
With the unguilded hitting the animal method, make sure you are out of a GZ though. I have seen people get guardwhacked, cause unless you turned the prompt off, you get the message "doing this will flag you as criminal" and people can guardwhack you. I also have seen people lose their golems in luna, for golem training too close to the wall.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I guess I will try another attempt to raise my ninjitsu.....ohh btw can you deathstrike with an arrow/bolt?
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yep, you can. when it hits, of course..

I've always noticed that archery sucks as far as HCI is concerned.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I'm HCI capped on my archer, and I hardly ever miss. When I do its cos its a long shot and they move before it hits them. But moving shot gets round that.

You'd hate me if I cam to play on your shard, I have a tendancy to dismount people at the worst possible moment. For instance, when your being chased by 5 mages and ure just about to get of their screens and ure ethy disappears from under you. :)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
*poof* wolf form for the win!

Nothing personal Unstoppable, but I just hate archers in general. I think they have no place in pvp, but that is just me. I tried one once, (45HCI, 120 archery, insane longbow, and later even more insane regular bow) when the whole ML crazy bows were out, but I hated it, and put him on the shelf to later become my nasty nox/ninja/macer. I like to be in a fight, and not stand back and chuck arrows. I hate fighting someone up close, while their lackie is behind them hitting me with arrows and not even taking a risk.

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Ty For all the info guys im working ninja on my red mage gunna have to put on a dummy chr later I guess but meh I really like the explo fs deathstrike lightning kills :>

hehe ill try not to get it nerfed :)

Posted Image
I'm back. :D

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
damn, I worked Ninjitsu from Friday night until this morning almost straight and just hit 100 and I started at 50. Tonight I will stone it onto the character it's intended for and eat my 120 ninja scroll. Woo hoo, here's to a million hours from 100-120.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ninja