Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A topic for discussion at tonights meeting.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Are you wanting to do RP-PVP or simply just PVP?

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
You and I have been over this tenfold Palin. Your version of RP-PVP and mine are very different. So I don't think which way I answer will matter much.

But for the rest of the group I would like it to be role played as much as possible.

Also the decision of how people decide to handle a confrontation is completely up to them. This is more of a marker to say "Hey I am ok with X playstyle" or "This is the type of role I see this character as."

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I'm gonna edit this, but my version of RP-PVP is simply just doing battle while in character, yes I have a set of rules. I like the idea of a rules of engagement in RP-PVP.. I'm gonna be doing a little of it with RSB hopefully in a friendly manner.. Hopefully good storylines and conflict will happen.. I just don't want to bend your rules.. I will follow them if RSB is following them or other guilds that are involved..

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

I just don't want to bend your rules.. I will follow them if RSB is following them or other guilds that are involved..

Since I am working on this subject right now I would like to respond to this. As for any kind of organization after I have presented it to the group it is completely up to the members of that organization to develop or not develop it. Only tools to help roleplay. No one is forced into using the badge or following any playstyle.

As for myself I plan on having my main Maethorion have the Outrider badge right away. I dont see them as doing well with rules.

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

I Make the default be no badge which indicates no attacking them. If you see a character with no badge, they are off limits.

So is the badge system simply for alliance members or Pacific roleplayers in general? I plan to RP-PVP with RSB but I do not wish to break alliance rules that would put a bad reputation on myself or my guild by breaking this rule. I'm currently trying to gain back your respect.. I hope this wouldn't take an effect on me. If I see an alliance member in Felucca whom I consider an enemy I am gonna kill him/her after I do a little RP with him, badge or no badge..

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I can't seem to stress enough. To use or not use a badge Is an individual decision. To enter into a conflict with a person whether they have a badge or not is an individual decision. I will place up a list of badges and merrits. The group as a whole will either accept or deny them. It is then up to the individual to decide for him or herself whether they want to have a badge or not.