Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PvP Mage Template

- - - - - mage pvp template

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Sorry BO it doesn't work any more, you now have to actually be damaged for you to gain in parry, not actually sure if it doesn't work for wrestling. I was training parry there for 20 mins the other day and didn't gain one point b4 a guild m8 told me. :(

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Wow, glad I trained up the chars that need parry and wrestle then. I just wish I would have finished up the wrestling thats on the stone now. Its only at 90(I only had it for disarm & stun, so kept it at the bare minimum for the cramped template)

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Ah I didn't know this. Chalk another skill up on the board that is impossible to gain now, haha. Oh well.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
If i use a mage wep with a 120 mage/eval, will tactics help or not????

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Tactics will give you more damage on your hits. To my knowledge, Eval has no effect on a mage weapon unless it has a hit spell attached to it.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I'm talkin about swords of properity, can't afford a staff right now. Unless someone wants to give me one, I'd be gratefull!!! :grin:

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Eval does not effect a hit "spell" effect. Seems to be calculated on base damage.

Vepl

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Yep, tactics will indeed help with your DI, but on a mage template, there really isnt a whole lot of room. The staff/prosperity weapons are more for a little added offense, not meant to be primary means of damage. If you can fit it tho, I say more power to you.

What I dont like is the fact that with a mage weapon, you can not use the specials unless you have swords/mace. It seems logical that since you are running with the equivelant of that particular weapon skill, being your mage skill, you should be able to use them. Oh well, just my thought, but it seems like something they should add.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

It seems logical that since you are running with the equivelant of that particular weapon skill, being your mage skill, you should be able to use them. Oh well, just my thought, but it seems like something they should add.

I agree 100% they should base it off of your higest damage skill be it your weapon skill, magery skill, etc.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
OHHHH I get it now! AHH hahaha yes! That makes so much more sense now! Course my sweety had to explain it to me but yeah >_< Lol he read your post and then explained it to the simple me =P

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

OHHHH I get it now! AHH hahaha yes! That makes so much more sense now! Course my sweety had to explain it to me but yeah >_< Lol he read your post and then explained it to the simple me =P

-RMS Carpathia-

The clueless Carpathia. :P
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I decided to go with this template:

120 Ninja
120 Resist
120 Mage
120 Swords
120 Eval
70 Med
50 Bushido (to enable nervestrike: Bokuto special)

I have seen it at work and seems to be doing real well for a lot of people. :D
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Rex, that actually seems like a pretty solid template. I may try that on my red mage. Ditch the necro/ss and do that...

but man I dont want to train up ninjitsu and swds again....I hate training. I dont get to play as much as I used to with the little 6month baby starting to roll around, and having to eat ALLLLLLLL the time..

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Rex, that actually seems like a pretty solid template. I may try that on my red mage. Ditch the necro/ss and do that...

but man I dont want to train up ninjitsu and swds again....I hate training. I dont get to play as much as I used to with the little 6month baby starting to roll around, and having to eat ALLLLLLLL the time..

I hear that man, I'm not looking forward to working swords up again either, or working Ninja for that fact. Wooo, I hate working skills these days, but always love the outcome of the hard work.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Its gonna especially suck since the char is perma-red( I dont have enough time over the next yr or so to burn the counts off to go to tram and train it) So i would end up having to take ninjitsu off my other char and train it there, but the skills are pretty full, so I wouldnt get that nice under 200pt quickness I had the first time I trained it.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I deleted my perma red last week. She had over 300 counts and I figured I'd never get her blue again, unless by some magic OSI turned her blue.
Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

The clueless Carpathia. :P

I had that title before! But Adam said it didn't suite me =P

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

I had that title before! But Adam said it didn't suite me =P

-RMS Carpathia-

He lies. :P
Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Hey wait a moment... I just read the thread title and... that reply wasn't for this thread. Man... I am SO out there... now I know WHY all my friends call me Lizzie / Dory >_<

I knew this one day would happen... go me

that reply was for the Porche thread with the monk that Rhas posted =P ah well! Though it works here too until I read it then it might makes sense

I can not see how I done that though! I swear I was on that thread so I replied but ended up being this one or maybe it was for this one but I could have sworn it was for the Porche the Monk because it made no sense until my sweety explained it to me and... and yeah

I must be entertaining as all heck to you all on this forum

Now that I have got my daily embressing moment of the day out of the way *sigh* I shall be quiet now...

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Dont worry about it Carpathia.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mage, pvp, template