Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PvP Mage Template

- - - - - mage pvp template

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I haven't played a PvP Mage in a long time so I need some template help. I am thinking of these, any input is appreciated.

Nox chiv mage
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Fencing
80 Poisoning
80 Med
80 Chivalry

Ninjar mage
120 Ninja
120 Resist
120 Mage
120 Swords
120 Eval
70 Med
50 Bushido (to enable nervestrike: Bokuto special)

Thoughts?
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
chiv mages went the way of the dodo, but ninja mages rock. I would, however, go with this template instead of what you have there.

120 ninja
120 resist
120 mage
120 eval
120 wrestling
100 inscription
20 focus or med

you can deathstrike with your fists.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Merc the 20 Med???? Comon...... Thats 2 MR. Me thinks I can find a suit in my junk bin that could do better than that.

Seriously tho, ain't PAS a trammie guild!!!!!

J/k

I'd go for a Bushido mage, I really would in fact my next character i'm goin to make is:
120 bush
120 resist
120 mage
120 eval
120 wrestling
120 parry

Hell if a dexxer can kill me then I'd eat my hat..........but then i'd have to buy a new kasa, DOH!!!

Unlike Nujitsu, I recon a very important skill right now is the evade. It won't work overly well without tactics or anat but its worth having. Its totally up to you though. However I would consider making it red and going into PAE. PAS don't have a strong enough presance in Fel. If you aren't overly attatched to the guild I'd actually join a completely diff guild, possibly COP or BC.

I'm not knocking PAS, but they have very little presance in fel. They are the strongest tram guild thou.

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Problem w/ bushido mage is you need GM ant, GM tactics and 80 min dex to use evade skill effectively since the new publish. They made bushido basically almost a pure warrior skill which is what it was meant to be.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well considering there is a hard 18mr cap, you can get the 18 pretty easily. So the 20 leftover skill is best used in med. I would say, instead of the wrestling though, I would use a staff, and free up points that way... I have a scribe/mage and right now the leftover skill slot is used on spellweaving. I love using that one spell where it jacks up everyone's fc and ssi at chokepoints.... But it works effectively and there are other nice spells there. That one healing one, the self rezzing one, the sdi bonus one. I dont know the names, cause they sound stupid as hell, so I just remember their effects.

so try something like this
mage
med
eval
scribe
resist
nox/ninjitsu/spellweaving

I have been playing this char quite a bit. Well, when I do play, as I am on a short UO sabatical right now. I log in here and there, but not as often as normal. I plan on picking back up after the holidays, after a much needed break.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Seriously tho, ain't PAS a trammie guild!!!!!

Alot of PAS do choose to live and hang in Tram, I'm not one of those. If you should feel the need to test that, please find me at the fel Brit gate, on Vlad Tepes. I'm sure we can resolve this stigma there. :grin:
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Instead of wrestling, what about using those swords of fortune or whatever they are called? It's a mage weapon.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Instead of wrestling, what about using those swords of fortune or whatever they are called? It's a mage weapon.

Swords of prosperity. :grin:
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Yep, you can use those swords, or fork out a bit more and get the staff of the magi. I personally like the staff, cause it has more DI and swings faster. Plus it looks super cool....

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

so try something like this
mage
med
eval
scribe
resist
nox/ninjitsu/spellweaving

That's a decent template idea. Does scribe still have have a damage increase? I'd imagine the damage output would be pretty good with that template, I'm not sure what Ninja would do for it, other than make you be able to run away. You can't deathstrike without a meelee skill, right?
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
you can deathstrike with a mage weapon. Yes scribe does have a SDI bonus as well. a guildie of mine has 120 eval/100scribe and does pretty nice damage along with his full sdi cap on his suit. Plus I believe, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I was told a while ago, that scribe helps you not get disrupted as much or something along those lines.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

you can deathstrike with a mage weapon. Yes scribe does have a SDI bonus as well. a guildie of mine has 120 eval/100scribe and does pretty nice damage along with his full sdi cap on his suit. Plus I believe, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I was told a while ago, that scribe helps you not get disrupted as much or something along those lines.

Ahhh that's right, that would be pretty effective. In theory you could run up in animal form, hit em with DS and FS and Explosion.
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
scribe helps lessen the resist penalty you receive when you cast protection, so that's what people mean when you don't get disrupted.

If you were to make a bushido mage, you don't use wrestling. You want swords so you can use a gimp SC bokuto for nervstriking. Plus bushido mages don't work well cause of the 80 dex requirement for parry. You can still do it, but you have to have the perfect suit/items, or you'll suck it bigtime.

I said put 20 into med or focus, because that's how many skill points you'd have left over when you complete your template. You want wrestling, bad. I've pvp'ed a ton, and without it, good luck. Anyone can disarm you if you use a weapon as a mage, and you're pretty much done for the count, especially since ur dex is so low.

I have a ninja mage, and man, he's a ton of fun to play. If you can time it right, you can do a exp/fs combo, followed with a shuriken/fireball spam that pretty much owns everyone, since you're deadly poisoning without having poisoning skill.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

If you can time it right, you can do a exp/fs combo, followed with a shuriken/fireball spam that pretty much owns everyone, since you're deadly poisoning without having poisoning skill.

How are you using deadly poision w/o having poisoning skill, Im not too familiar w/the ninja
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
ninjitsu shurikins automatically dp if you have the ninjitsu skill.

my ninjitsu/nox/macer uses a shurikin, ds, HL HL HL(if they get a cure then dp again) ds o00ooo000. That is my ideal combo. Doesnt always work, but when it does, its nice.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Man, if I use that ninjar mage template I will have to work wrestling, talk about a pain.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I worked it up once, and never did it again. I try to only have 1 char with wrestling, so that I can just stone it around and never deal with training that crap again! Right now its on a stone tho, as my 2 mages are staff users. I am above 2/6 on both mages, so if I get disarmed it wont hurt my casting

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Eh, just hit a golem. I 120'ed wrestling in a few days of golem whacking ;P

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I did my wrestling back in the day when you could use females in jholem, Around a month ago,:) thats the worst patch they ever introduced to get rid of something in my opinion. Could train parry there in around 2 days.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
wait. what? You cant use the unarmed females in jhelom? I dont think I ever read this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mage, pvp, template