Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

template for new player?

11 replies to this topic

kaisar

kaisar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello. i am just starting on Atlantic and was wondering what would be a good template for a new poor player.
I wanted to be archery but arrows seem quite expensive. :huh

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
It really depends what you want to do... if you want cheap arrows there are two ways to go about it
first one... kill rat men archers how ever they are not easy for a new player.
second is kill Harpies for feathers they give 75 each, then use a new character that has Lumber jacking and fletching then chock some wood and use the feathers to make some arrows

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kaisar

kaisar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
so i guess i should start with a warrior to kill harpies then make arrows for archer. :o

sounds hard but ill give it a try. ty.

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
if you need anything let me know, I am sure I can help out if I am free

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kaisar

kaisar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Are you on Atlantic too? How do I find people in game?

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
i am on most shards :)
atlantic is best for population...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
UO, in its essense, promotes teamwork and community. Getting to know people in game helps. Just stick to the same town and be friendly/ask questions.

If doing arrows is your interest, have your warrior learn L-jacking, too. Primary weapon for a L-Jack is an axe. Swordsmen warriors also use those, so being a swordsman warrior may be the direction to go.

Ask someone in Haven to tell you how to train the skills for a swordsman. (swords, anatomy, tactics) I would train L-jacking, chivalry and healing, too.

Finding a friendly crafter will get you some armor and weapons.

Then hit Haven island.

Hope helps,
Clex

kaisar

kaisar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I made a warrior with swords and lumberjacking. Using him to kill chickens for feathers and chopping trees. lol.

For a template I am thinking like-

120 archery
100 bushido
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 resist
80 chivalry

is that decent for pvm/pvp?

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Do you have Stygian Abyss?

kaisar

kaisar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Not yet. I was planning on getting it this week when my trial thing runs out.

Btw, does anyone have any tips on gaining healing skill? It seems like the slowest skill out of all the ones I want to use.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Not yet. I was planning on getting it this week when my trial thing runs out.

Btw, does anyone have any tips on gaining healing skill? It seems like the slowest skill out of all the ones I want to use.

To focus on healing training, I hire a warrior and take them out fighting. Healing another person is much quicker than healing yourself, so you'll get more healing attempts in and thus more gain chances.

kaisar

kaisar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can tamers solo any bosses with greater dragon or cu sidhe? I seem to suck at everything else. =x

Reply to this topic