Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

mage template help pls

4 replies to this topic

shinners

shinners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
this is what im working with or some ideas so to speak:

magery
eval
med
resist
Scribe

chiv
wrestle
parry

the top five is what im surely going to use unless presauded to swap for another, the bottom 3 are what im interested in throwing in the mix... I wanna do pvp with the mage, ive always played dexxer for pvp, so i wanna try something new since coming back..

Any tips would be most helpful thxs

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I have scribe on my mage also. A "crafting" scribe requires high mana and a mage works well.

For me, my mage is also a stealther. He goes most anywhere and explores and has good combat ability. Just a great template for getting to the mission area that I found. That would add hiding and stealth.

The resist I don't use since I stealth in, cast and while the monster is busy with the spells, I cast invis.

Wrestling I don't use since I don't let a monster get next to me (stealth to within target range and then stay on the move/cast invis).

Why Chiv if have magery?

Magery 120
Eval Int 120
Med 100
Scribe 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 100

That leaves 60+ points. AND...their are clothing/jewels that can free up more skill points.

Hope helps,
Clex

shinners

shinners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
It does help.. Chiv was just a curiousity was wanting to try something off the wall lol, your temp seems more pvm but it does look very interesting.. thanks for the info bud..If it is a type of pvp spec my bad for the assumption i never really had a pvp mage much less a mage in general lol..

shinners

shinners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Why Chiv if have magery?
Clex

I was think chiv for like holy light while pvping and close wounds for extra heals..

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Good point for the Chiv and PvP. Seems like it would take 99% of HP for the Holy Light. I wouldn't make that a practice in a PvP environment, though.

I have PvP'd with my stealther though. A bit of sneaking up on the target, heavy mage spells, and invising and stealthing away.

Anyway, there is room for chiv. Especially with jewels/armor and dropping the magery and eval int down to 115.

Clex

Reply to this topic