Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Help with a mage suit

- - - - - 30 damage increase spell

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
How is everyone getting the 30 sdi on their mage suits now? So what I want on my PVP mage suit is the following;

Faction character
100 lrc
40 lmc
30 sdi
A minimum of 70's in all resists
18 +/- mana regeneration
20 +/- hit point increase
some mana increase
2/6 fc/fcr
standard -20 sc, no -, mage wep
will use faction orny
faction crimmy
treatise of alchemy talisman
ring would be the usuall +15 magery, ep, lrc, lmc if needed and dci.

Have access to all arties and faction arties, I have a 120 imbuer. I know I will have to craft some of the pieces. let me know how or what you would use.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Your template helps a ton with suits.

Also all 70's is not really that important.. assume you will be cursed as most people are not stupid and so you want to look for something more like 70phy 70+fire 60+ 60+ 60+. This isn't great I know but more mods make up the difference and when cursed you will drop to 60s anyway. All 70's is not more important then certain mods. Also are you scribe? IF you are then you def want to use magic reflection and that will drop your phyical to 65. I still suggest going higher on phy in case of going into protection.

Basic sdi pieces I like are the kelp leggings, sdi with hpi, mi, lrc etc. And crown of arcane tempermant which has sdi mr3 lmc etc. If you are going 30sdi you most likely have scribe also so embrace the casting focus cause it's nice sometimes. The 3sdi cloak, the 3sdi robe sometimes (use this on my parry mage but he uses a lot of wrestle specials so the hci is big also). These little bits help. Gotta get sdi on your ring for sure, 12 is max. The protector of battle mage is another option, tunic has sdi. IF you are elf(or use morph earrings) you can use the 10 med/10sdi/10lmc legs. Rarely the necro arms can be used.. I tried for a long time to get a really good suit made with the arms.. and it's really tough to do. I was never happy with them personally, but they have 10 sdi and 20 necro which can help on certain temps.

It's tough to say exactly what to do because I have no idea what your character is..most 30 sdi chars I have used have wrestling not a mage weapon.

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Its a scribe nox mage, i do have a wrestle scribe mage also was looking to redo his suit too.

So i was thinking protector of the battle mage, faction kasa, 12 sdi on ring, and I guess that cloak you mentioned to get 30 sdi.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I don't really play faction so my suits are used with artifacts and imbued gear.

My main wrestle scribe mage has a shield w/ open hand and has 32 sdi from:
crown of arcane temp. - 8 sdi
kelp leggs- 8 sdi
rangers cloak of aug. - 3 sdi
mana phase orb- 5 sdi
ring - 8 sdi

A few of my wrestle mages on other servers I play use the invasion spellbooks. I just threw one in the hand and called it good and it works well enough for me. The perfect one is 30sdi/10dci/2fcr/5lmc or 3mr/10lrc/30sdi.

I'm sure you have considered it, but the crystalline ring has a large chunk of sdi on it which makes it pretty nice in faction in my opinion. Mayb look at it again, that 3fcr on it makes it pretty awesome... just no EP.

shinners

shinners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Im just about done with my mage.. I was going to go the route that every other Joe smoe does half the time and go with amge/mystic, but decided to go old school and do wrestle scribe mage.

temp:
120 mage
120 eval
120 med
120 wrestle
120 resist
100 scribe

only been back for almost a month so mostly rocking stuff from pre-SL except for some items ive gotten in the past few days

Any pointers would be nice.. First time playing mage also lol

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
This is a pretty old post, I'd like to update it with some new information.

If your in factions and are looking for a 30 SDI for a puremage, I highly recommend the Faction crystalline ring which has a ton of sweet mods including 0/3 and 20 SDI. Faction Kasas are also a good source of SDI. I would not resort to imbuing SDI on jewels because in most cases, you should be using artifacts jewels.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 30, damage, increase, spell