Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Grrrrrr .... Lockpicking is a pain to gain.

- - - - - gain grrrrrr lockpicking pain

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Scosglen

Scosglen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I am at 98.0 and am only gaining .01 per day via ggs. Is that the only way to gain at this level? :huh:

After I get this done it is on to poisoning. grrrr I have heard that this is even harder to gain. :-/

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
The quickest way is to get a few 70 level Tinkered boxes, a couple hundred lockpicks, go to Twisted Weald (better have positive karma for this tho) and attack a Satyr till it Discords you.

Most people lure it over to the gate (sparkles) and as soon as it discords yuo, go through the gate, and then right back in.

Keep the Satyr on the screen with you, and it will keep the discord on. You LP skill will be effectively much lower and raise much quicker. From 98, you could probably GM it in an hour or less. Maybe more...

Things of concern:

Have positive Karma. The pixes at the Champ Area will eat you alive if you are even slightly neg karma.

Be careful of any monsters that the Satyr might Provoke onto you. The gate method *should* break the provo while keeping the Disco active, but if you are realllly fast, they may sill aggro on you.

Try to stay as close as you can to the Satyr. Changes in line of sight or elevation may break the disco. I have kept it for wuite a while while stealthing, but it has also dropped really fast if he goes up a hill by Swoop or around the corner acroos from Swoop.

Enjoy! :)

Posted Image

Scosglen

Scosglen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Oh yeah, I had heard of this method but forgot about it.

A side note to my original post... I gained .02 within an hour today (doing the chests in the safe area of Destard.) *was happy*

Guest_lordsirscott_*

Guest_lordsirscott_*
  • Guests
ever consider Miasma Chests? They are high end for lockpickers

Scosglen

Scosglen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

I have a few of those but I never gain and only break lockpicks. I have heard that you need to be GM LP to open them. Even then you break lockpicks (so I hear.)

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Tis true...you will break picks opening a Miasma chest.

Vepl

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

You have to be at GM Lockpick to open these. Anything less is just a waste of time and effort. Use level 2-4 dungeon chests to gain after 95, or go to the Twisted Weld and use the discord method (which is the fastest) or if you are in a guild you can have a guild mate that is willing to set there and help ya use discord on you.

In Pacific there are 2 places that I know of that have rune books set up that tell you what level of dungeon chest you are recalling to (there may be more) and those are the NWK Rune Library (Formerly the TMap Rune Library) and the PTC Mall in Tukuno outside the South gate of Zento. Use caution when using these books as there are spawns near the recall spots and if you can't Hide or fight them off you will have a long walk out of the dungeons.
Im Free, Legendary Smith of UBB

Scosglen

Scosglen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
this is the area

Attached Thumbnails

• safe area.jpg

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
That area has a level 3 chest and 2 level 4s.

THB has a guide to all spawning and static chests here.

Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
speaking of miasma chests.....is there a treasure map in every chest or is it random?
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
I believe it is every chest.

Vepl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gain, grrrrrr, lockpicking, pain