Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UOAssist gone?

- - - - - uoassist

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Hi all -

I've been unable to update my UOAssist program (through the "UpdateAce" updater) for a few days, and now I've looked and found that Tugsoft's web site (the maker of UOAssist) is gone. Has anyone heard anything about UOAssist going out of business or anything? I know that they were still around when UO9 came out, because I had to go re-download my key from their web site to start playing again.

(Or am I the only one in the world who still uses UOAssist)? :)

Thanks!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Looks like they've got problems with their name servers or server in general.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I couldn't update mine today. Eventually it went thru tho, after about 4 tries. If you try too much tho it quits working until you can update it.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Woohoo, they took out the use of 3rd party programs!!!

j/k

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
It is the over abundance of Blackrock and the
"Armagedon" spells wrecking havoc on the Tugsoft servers. Pay the 100,000,000 in gold and get your macros back. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

It is the over abundance of Blackrock and the
"Armagedon" spells wrecking havoc on the Tugsoft servers. Pay the 100,000,000 in gold and get your macros back. :)

lol i gave myself carpal tunnel recording a poisoning training macro in UOA yesterday - i think i would cry to suffer such misery all over again! hahaha

i read that someone on stratics was trying to see if there was a way to hack the windoze registry to reset the timer on UOA's update check (so that UOA would at least continue to work until Tugsoft came back, or until EA patched UO and broke UOA, whichever came first...)

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

lol i gave myself carpal tunnel recording a poisoning training macro in UOA yesterday - i think i would cry to suffer such misery all over again! hahaha

*cringes*

Good thing is even if you did lose the macro, it's not necessary. I believe you could be going off of old gaining guides (i.e. have 1,000,000,000,000,000 fish steaks or daggers to poison)

Nowadays you only need to poison 1 item continuously, and you can continue to gain.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

*cringes*

Good thing is even if you did lose the macro, it's not necessary. I believe you could be going off of old gaining guides (i.e. have 1,000,000,000,000,000 fish steaks or daggers to poison)

Nowadays you only need to poison 1 item continuously, and you can continue to gain.

Hallelujah!!!! Wow when did that change??

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Awhile back, I forget what month/which publish, but it basically knocked out the 8x8 and the need for hundreds of things for skills.

No longer need multiple locked boxes for lockpicking, or items to be poisoned, or leather for tailoring... wait, still need that.

But with 8x8 gone, no more need for using boats, or jumping server lines, etc.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Penelope

Penelope

Gift to Avalon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

(Or am I the only one in the world who still uses UOAssist)? :)

Thanks!

NOT AT ALL!!!! :grin: Big fan of UOAssist - no one wants me as a healer without it!

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
I almost depend on UOA.... and I miss it waahahhhhh :'(

*giggles to self*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Maybe they're doing something in efforts with EA to prevent scripters etc...

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
You are NOT the only one having issues with UOAssist .. over the last couple of days many folks have ICQ'd me asking if I was having problems with ti and the answer is YEPPERS!!

Just let it do its 'time out thing' and then hit the continue button.
Once you get into the game, the UOAssist program loads without any problems.

So its like having UO Assist as your secondary program instead of the other way around.

Hope they fix it soon though!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
UOA helped me get 10 blackrock in less than 20 minutes.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

UOA helped me get 10 blackrock in less than 20 minutes.

Dip, I thought it was your persuasive personality and Dip Stick. :laugh:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
It is not that hard not to use UOA...but, I did like the Automap thing.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
UOassist is back. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Great to hear that!!
Posted Image

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
I just checked their website and it's back!!! Ya'ay!!! Guess it was their firewall that took a vacation from what I read... :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uoassist