Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Weapon against the Unbound Energy Vortex - lots of missed swings with sampire

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Good afternoon!

I am not having troubles fighting an energy vortex but I would like to miss swings less often - and thus lose lots of Perfection each time. I could use Lightning Strike more often, but I like Armor Ignore a lot for its steady damage output. My suit incorporates the maximum in Hit Chance Increase (40 or 45, I don't remember). Fencing is a 120. I am wearing those Mace & Shield Reading Glasses with Hit Lower Defense. Should I add even more Hit Lower Defense on my weapon?

Kind Regards

Hinreissend

Shadrach

Shadrach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
I run a bladed staff with air elem slayer, max hsl, max hml, then the rest in hld

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Rad Scim for more then one.

Bladed Staff if we're sharing.

Like Shadrach said... cept I use HLL instead of HLD. I use Mace & Shield for HLD.

HML, HLL, HSL, Air Ele Slayer, DI

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Does the Air elemental do more damage than a super elemental? I've been using those all along. I don't use the glasses so I put HML, HSL and HLD on a longsword. It's slow but hits hard and has 87% HML on it so I never run out of mana when doing the chain AI. I usually bring my bard along and disco them, so that really helps for hit chance, but is not a luxury that most players have.

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Does the Air elemental do more damage than a super elemental? I've been using those all along. I don't use the glasses so I put HML, HSL and HLD on a longsword. It's slow but hits hard and has 87% HML on it so I never run out of mana when doing the chain AI. I usually bring my bard along and disco them, so that really helps for hit chance, but is not a luxury that most players have.

Ah. How much Hit Lower Defense do you use? That's really what I am wondering, if more HLD would help me there.

I also saw someone bringing a second account with a disco bard on my shard and he helped me with my vortex often times (by using discordance) A nice difference in damage and how often I succeed to hit was noticable. My provo bard with "Inspire" doesn't help too much.

Shadrach

Shadrach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Rad Scim for more then one.

Bladed Staff if we're sharing.

Like Shadrach said... cept I use HLL instead of HLD. I use Mace & Shield for HLD.

HML, HLL, HSL, Air Ele Slayer, DI

I notice a difference with just hld on the glasses, also if you have two on you more often than not its better to AI one of them unless you are having mana issues since its more damage. For me anyway.

Shadrach

Shadrach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

It depends, for me not having honor then I do the same damage with EoO, with honor you can almost get by without EoO at all. If you are lazy like me and spend a lot of time browsing the web and watching tv you will do more, but if you pay attention you will do the same since you are probably already hitting the damage cap.

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I would check your HCI. IF your below 45 thats probably the reason. I have that and I very rarely miss. When I do miss it seems to come in strings which I blame on the RNG being streaky and buggy.

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I would check your HCI. IF your below 45 thats probably the reason. I have that and I very rarely miss. When I do miss it seems to come in strings which I blame on the RNG being streaky and buggy.

I just double checked - I have 45 HCI. So I am facing the big and ugly RNG monster, peerless amonst all others.

Thank you all very much. I guess my next weapon will sport some HLD in addition to the reading glasses:
Spoiler

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Yeap thats a good idea. For the most part I have HLD on my weapons but it is likely the RNG ruining your good time. Best news I have is that it seems to run in streaks.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I usually max out my HLD because when I hit a HSL it auto replenishes me all the way to full stamina. Also you can cap HLD but it resets the 8 second timer, it doesn't amplify the effect. Too bad it didn't :/ either way I run 50% on my weapon and thats about half my hits that land that restart the timer. The vortexes are in an almost constant state of lowered defense.

And I agree with that when you have more than 1 on you at one time, AI one of them to stay up on hits. I have actually had 3 on me at once, and I can still stay alive with no issues just pelting away at one at a time.

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Unfortunately changing your weapon might not be the answer to your missed swings problem - the Unbound Energy Vortexes have high wrestling skill so therefore they are harder to hit. I have 30 HLD and 45 HCI but still I miss lots of swings (frustratingly often on the last swing before the kill so I lose my Perfection bonuses). My only real counter is to bring along my disco bard on another client to help, the discordance lowers their wrestling skill but also their resistances so I can kill them alot faster :)

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Maybe its just me but while I do miss I have not been missing all that much and it seems I never miss more then three times in a row. I can normally run up pretty decent strings of hits anymore. I am using a leaf blade.

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Same here, I do get the occasional 3 wiffs but typically it's a one wiff. Has anyone gotten anything good off of these things? I've run anywhere from 0 to 3000 luck and everything is always cursed, CBR, brittle.

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Yeah I have. While your right a lot does have negatives that doesn't stop me from using it if its a weapon or something like that. I did find a great pair of gloves that are basically an RBC I can post a pic after I leave work if folks would like.

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Mirt how much luck are you running on your sampire?

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
95 normally. Sometimes more if I hit a statue or carry a luck shield. That being said in shame luck increases the chances for increased properties. So it very well maybe that my low luck contributed to me getting those gloves. There seems to be an almost magical number that if you hit gives good things that are still uncursed. I haven't finished running the luck tests in shame though so I may still be wrong this is just a really preliminary test.

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Ok, well I've run up to 1500 luck on my sampire without statue or perfection, (getting my teeth kicked in) with statue and perfection over 3000 and I can confirm many mods and pretty much everything with at least two negatives. The only items without negatives at that level were either useless jewelry or items with fewer mods. I get better loot with high luck fighting level 2 creatures.

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
So it looks like luck might not be helping us get clean items then.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
For the record, a 120 Swords Sampire with max HCI and 50% HLD should not be wiffing FOURTEEN times in a row. Yes. And I wish I was exaggerating.

I'm fine with making monsters harder. Let's not make them annoying, mkay?

~M