Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Dragon Evolution

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Big John

Big John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The baby dragons, drakes and dragons, in my mind would be a good idea if u could make them evolve into the next step higher after killing so much, so much time ext. Also the greater dragons would be nice if they could evolve one higher to either a ancient dragon or a shadow dragon. (Pritty much a black dragon with tadered wings) Also the dificulty would be to get to this highest level would need 120 taming and 120 animal lore.
This would help those who are doing big bosses with dragons, like the stygian dragon boss who can take out a greater dragon without much effort.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
i would take a crimson dragon as a pet any day, good idea

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
No way! This would totally screw over PvP!

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Big John

Big John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
yay well pvp is kinda dead anyways also the upgraded form of the drag woulden't be over powering just a little bit stronger than greater dragon

Big John

Big John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
also the new dragon would more on the looks wise like the cu's rare colors and stuff

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
EVO pets... They got them on freeshards for ages! ;)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
They've said they are going through all the old dungeons. I'm curious to see what they do with Destard when it rolls around. I expect different and more difficult dragons. The question is, will any of them be tameable?

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Pet evolution and revamped taming has been a long standing wish for many. Sadly its gone unnoticed.

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Yea, they should make crimson dragons tameable.

Big John

Big John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
yay im glad other share like the same feelings that they need new stronger dragons for the new stronger bosses
:)

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Who says PvP is dead? It isn't.

I do really like the evolution idea - enough with creationism in UO :P - but you really have to factor in the game balance. Remember when the greater dragons came out? ninja tamers not quite ruled pvp but made a huge impact. It took quite a while and many subtle changes for the other templates to catch up. Same goes for PvM - for two years every nerfherder and his brother farmed to no end with their dragons.

Again, I like the idea of creatures evolving and interacting (like the void creatures in ter mur). But when it comes to tameables, you have to be really careful. Maybe one can tame them only in certain evolution levels, before they become to powerful to be commanded by a puny human.

But I understand the want of tamers for a new cool pet. Maybe a mountable, flying 4-slot dragon with slightly less stats than a greater but with one or two cool abilities. How about being unable to use weapons or spells while riding the dragon but instead you get to use its firebreath?!

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
It would be easily solvable by simply capping the abilities and damage levels of high level pets in PvP only.

That way there could be really high end tamables without upsetting the PvP balance.

Big John

Big John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i agree with chaos just cap them for pvp also with pvp you got those sampires u can get to combat the new pets if they dont cap it for pvp

Ashlarrr

Ashlarrr

Myconid Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
Actually, I would sort of like to see a proper dragon rearing system, but not simply something that lets you turn your dragon into an ancient wyrm or something.

Every since I started UO, dragons have always seemed to be one of the core tamer pets (I am speaking as a non-tamer), though there was a period where other pets were favoured.

If they implemented a dragon breeding system, I don't think the end result should be any more powerful than a greater dragon really. But what I think it should offer is customizability of your little wyrmling. So as it grows and you train it, you can choose what sort of resists it develops, whether it gets an ice breath or fire breath, some of the main abilities it gets.

Ideally, you shouldn't be able to create a dragon that is good against everything, but the system should offer the ability to breed a dragon to face almost all threats. That way there's a market for bred dragons that are specialized in dealing with certain things.

But it definitely shouldn't just be piling on the HP and damage. =P
Typesetter and Reporter for the PaxLair Times.

WolFie

WolFie

PvM only

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
My opinion is simple i agree with the whole lil better tamables for the harder monsters and even though i HATE pvp, there has to be something to make them not made at the whole thing i remember bout the crying over the greater dragons and people fighting with them, i just would drag the dragon away and kill it with my chiv/archer, theres always ways to kill monsters, its the people you can't always beat specially now a days most pvpers run script or cheat engine to make themselves faster, thats one the main reason why ill never return to fighting, i gave up on pvp when green latern left and i had a necro/mage the reason being is the pvpers found a way to loot your insured or blessed items which is totally gay! but to avoid the suffering of complaints from all the pvpers cap them like the one person said VS pvp bc really what your asking is more help from a pvm side! but i also agree with the whole the skill needs to be something ridiculous like 120 taming and lore :)

frodo

frodo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i agree with you there WolFie, i also think that they should make something like your all saying with the dragons i also think they should make dragon eggs where they hatch into drakes, you can get the egg from the Hardest dragon in the game once its dead, it hatches into a drake then the drake grown into a dragon and then greater dragon etc.. you get what i mean, that would be good BUT i dont think any higher that a greater deagon maybe if they brought out a rare hatch where the dragon grows one harder than a greater but i mean like RARE and maybe some different colours of course not bright pink and stuff i mean jsut like the cu colours and things, maybe this would work but maybe it wouldnt who knows?

WolFie

WolFie

PvM only

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
lol no pink i agree with that one lmao

frodo

frodo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
lmao you can imagen all the PINK dragons running around that would be really bad maybe all colours would be bad who knows? maybe that would be to colorful in the game? think about it sat at luna with all different color dragons everywhere? haha maybe just one rare color not to bright, you know what i mean?

WolFie

WolFie

PvM only

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
DEF!! make them rare so we don't seem like we are tripping on acid or shrooms lmao

frodo

frodo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ahah yeah i agree, but Ulitma Onlines rare is not very rare is it? lmao