Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Bushido question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Reddnekk

Reddnekk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Can Fencing be used effectively with Bushido?
"Man does not cease to play because he grows old. He grows old because he ceases to play."

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
You mean like as far as the weapon blocking in conjunction with parrying? It should be no problem. Can you be more specific? Is this a PvM Q or a PvP Q? What temp is it all going toward?

Reddnekk

Reddnekk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
For both PvP and PvM. Are there any restrictions to where you must use sword weaps?
"Man does not cease to play because he grows old. He grows old because he ceases to play."

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
none at all... the only weapon skill that effects anything that bushido has to offer is archery, and there is no way to parry with an archer, no way shape or form :)

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
too bad there wasnt, it is a two handed wep after all. Say if you are parrying with it then it cant be fired. Even trade off.

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Fencing and bushido go great together. Leaf Blade and kama are some of my favorite weapons in the entire game. Allowing archers to parry with the bow seems fair especially if it costs them a shot, but it should also do more damage to the bow.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
yeah that makes sense too. good call there.

KingHen

KingHen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Fencing and bushido go great together. Leaf Blade and kama are some of my favorite weapons in the entire game. Allowing archers to parry with the bow seems fair especially if it costs them a shot, but it should also do more damage to the bow.

I would be totally fine with this. makes sense too... i mean one would expect dmg to the bow if used to parry a blow...
KingHen (KFC)
Chessy

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
ABC archers would be so beast.

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
It would give a boost to ABC's but it would also require them to add parry taking away another skill or dropping others. I have decided to go pure on mine but I am still a big supporter of adding in Spell Weaving to archers.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
my sampire will be complete soon and i think my next temp will be a abc archer..or maybe il dump funds into my necromage thats on drachenfels.. i love spawn ownage :D

Mirt

Mirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Both Sampires and necros are fun.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Archers were able to parry with a bow when bushido first came out. The reason they took this away is because of how overpowered it was in pvp and pvm...