Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Who plays on the Asian shards! ^v^

- - - - - asian plays shards

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
It's wonderful to have a forum for any of us who play or even cross-shard to any of the Asian shards on a regular basis! Thanks to Adam and the Team!

Who else plays or visits an Asian shard? I personally play on Mugen on a fairly regular basis. Mugen is the Asian version of the Siege Perilous ruleset shard but with a few differences. The people on Mugen are wonderful, and I've made many Japanese and Korean friends there. My character's name is Snoopy Paws and you can often find me socializing at the Britain bank in Trammel (Mugen has both a Trammel and a Felucca, though they are both of the Feluccan ruleset).

Post if you play!

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Never played but was interested since I play during the day in the US. Can you communicate w/ people since there is a labguage difference? How about vendors?

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
Actually I've been very surprised at just how many people I can communicate with. I've met a fair number on Mugen who speak very good English..better in fact than many American players. They often apologize for their "poor English" but like I tell them, many USA players do not use English as well as they do, and I know very little Japanese besides. Many of my friends on Mugen have taught me basic Japanese words, which is fun. I'm able to greet them, say please and thank you, et cetera. I made the mistake of trying to use BabelFish once to translate what I wanted to say into Japanese and the result was even more confusing to my friends there than had I simply said it in English. ^^;;

It has also been a learning experience for in me in just how much can be "said" between players in UO without being able to communicate back & forth with words. I'm still able to get ideas across to the players who know no English, and not all interaction requires words.

Vendors on Mugen tend to be very basic. GM crafted armor, potions, petals. Siege ruleset so you don't find a lot of decorative artifacts for sale..as no one really places any value on them there. I've found quite a few regular vendors on the other Asian shards though. The only thing is, they tend to "bag" everything on the vendors, so if you can't read & understand the description, you're left sorting through each one. *shrugs*

Mugen tends to go dead around 1pm CST here. 15 hours ahead. Everyone is in bed by then.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
I play on Mizuho, but that is only because it gives me the best connection right now (on Okinawa). Mugen should not be that hard for me to play on though.

-----------
Forgot to mention, I do have a char on Mugen...named Santiago. Very weak char... :(

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
How are the ther regular asian shards? I visited one and I found that the Brit bank area was decorated really nicely w/ benches and plants and such

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I have been playing on Hokuto for the past couple of years. I have 2 buddies that have been playing Hokuto that pulled me over. They started playing that shard because they were stationed in Japan when they started playing UO and it only made sense to play on a Japanese shard. The only issue I find playing the shard is when I couldn't place a decent house, there were no auctions or anywhere where I could buy one. There might be one, but I haven't found one that I can look up on Google. Other than that, I get a lot done in Fel while the PK'ers are sleeping and not lurking!

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Oh, and if you are playing solo on Hokuto, look me up or send me a message and we might get you hooked into the guild of US players or just go do some hunting. My characters are Magefist, Shadow, Chaos, and Chipper.

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Anyone play on Hokuto???
Guildmaster, No Rest for the Wicked (NRW)
Hokuto

Guest_blade1010_*

Guest_blade1010_*
  • Guests
Hello, i am currently playing at oceania but recently my ping had gone really bad, i am thinking of transfering a few of my chars to hokuto , mainly for the purpose of learning pvp. Shadow, any chance u can help me out in hokuto? thx.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums blade1010. Sorry to hear about your ping to Oceania going down. LoS should be on shortly and can help hook you up :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I can "Hook" you up on Hokuto...no problem there. I have a house on Fel, good for a PVP'r, but generally I am not a PVP'r myself...but I could get into it again with some motivation. :) It has been a while though, so we would be learning it all over again.
Guildmaster, No Rest for the Wicked (NRW)
Hokuto

Link_2k5

Link_2k5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey I play on Yamato if anyone is interested in playing with me. I speak Korean and English no Japanese =(

SaraMarie

SaraMarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. I play on Balhae. Our guild of mainly people in America is the largest guild on the shard, even. Most of the people who are from around there speak English. Some just don't want to talk, like they don't want us there, but there are so many nice people, too. It's hard to do spawns in Fel and pvp, here, though. Since the people who are into this from that area ping so much faster, it's nearly impossible to compete. I do spawns in Fel sometimes. If they come kill me, no different than if a rat kills me in Ilsh. lol Our guild has at least 10 people from America. Plus, there are other Americans there, too. The only thing I dislike, besides the ping, is that we never know when we will have an event. We miss out on all of the good things like that.

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I just started playing on Balhae myself and was trying to find someone to help with getting a Fire Bug. I tried talking to a few tamers at Luna but just got ignored. If anyone has a tamer on Balhae I sure could use a hand.
Posted Image

ElfStone

ElfStone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
I think we have 1 ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Elfstone, let me know if you you can get me a fire bug
Posted Image

ElfStone

ElfStone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
I think pb has a tamer or noob. One of them for sure...:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ElfStone

ElfStone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Oh ya , I play on Arirang and Balhae too. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AtlanteanAngel

AtlanteanAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi,

I've just returned to UO (Nov 09) on Formosa shard, and have started a new guild [LIFE] with an old friend Sublime (an American living in Taiwan) for the sole purpose of (facilitating the communication process of) hanging out together and having a good time in UO. Nothing fancy, no grandiose guild ambitions, no guild or inter-guild/alliance politics, just a peaceful & non-warring little guild of a small group of friends. Any English speaking players who might find themselves on Formosa but are unable to communicate easily in Chinese (Formosa is based in Taiwan), are welcome to join us.

(P.S. Choon, if you're reading this, I hope your ping to Formosa is good enough for you to consider xsharding. Would be awesome to have you around.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asian, plays, shards