Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Luck Suit/Temp ideas for new Shame Dungeon

11 replies to this topic

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I'm trying to build the ultimate Shame suit and template. I'm currently in the process of building a suit that gets me the highest luck I can get, but I'm having trouble adjusting a template to it. And the next thing I'm going to try is to sort of make a lucky sampire. This way I can use a template that I know works and try to incorporate as much luck as possible. I can then cross reference the two and see what seems to be more worthwhile or effective.

If anyone has any thoughts, or info, please share. Thank you.

McNuge

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
I don't think that you can both, a luck suit and a sampire suit, in one. You either have one or the other. Here you can find the Maximum Luck Suit, but with it you definitly cannot solo the real hard beasts anymore, but you will have close to 100% chance of loot improvement. I myself am content with 50% luck (around 1150 luck) which I easily get with a Bleue Set and the boost of my 10th Anniversary Sculpture (550 in my case) and some minor luck items (mainly Robe of Equinox and Soles of Providence). However, as soon as my Imbuer becomes legendary, I will imbue a bestial suit for luck, hoping for significantly over 1500 Luck with all 70s resists, however lacking most of the other boosts one can get with a specific sampire suit (not mentioning, that my dungeons chars are not sampires, but a classic and pure parry bushido swordsman and a resist archer, respectivly, so I don't use a sampire suit anyways). I will not hit hard as much as others and as often as others, but I will be a lucky guy!

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Thats a good way of looking at it by getting about 50% luck and still having a template that can do good against the big boys. I am going to consider that when making my Shame char. I will be using a 12 year, almost 13 year account for this char so will get approx 850 from the sculpture alone. I think I may be able to make a hybrid sampire luck suit after all, I do have things like soles of providence and I will be using the conjurers garb for a luck robe which has 140. with just those 3 things i am sitting at 1070. Plus i can get up to an additional 1000 from bushidos honor system and I should be able to get a couple hundred more on the suit somewhere. thatll be at least 2000. I think that should be sufficient for my needs. I will be able to take out the big boys at the bottom and have a dang good chance of finding increased loot.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
If you want to max out luck, sampire probably isn't the way to go. I'd say Tamers and Mystics have the best chance of having very high luck and still be able to kill hard mobs.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Correct. Tamers an Mystics are the way to go with luck.

A typical sampire is only going to have access to some of the most basic luck pieces:
- Conjuror's Garb
- Soles of Providence

There might also be one or two places to add 100 luck as a mod to armor, but Sampire armor is usually pretty packed with other mods.

~M

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I've done some playing around and have come up with a hybrid sampire luck suit that will keep my sampire kicking serious butt and also have about 2600 luck if I can get honor off on my opponent. Even without honor I'll have about a 40% chance for increased loot. And with it I'm looking at almost 70%. I may try both the lucky sampire and the full blown luck suit mystic template and see what works better for me. I'm guessing that it probably going to come down to the fact that I have much more luck on my mystic but don't kill things as fast, and that I can kill way more things in the same amount of time with slightly less of a chance of increased loot. So for now I'm going with the lucky sampire.

I was able to get about 700 ish luck on the suit, and then 1000 from honor, 850 from the 10th ann. sculpture and a possible 1-80 that can be obtained by the sphynx.

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

... and also have about 2600 luck if I can get honor off on my opponent. ... So for now I'm going with the lucky sampire.

I was able to get about 700 ish luck on the suit, and then 1000 from honor, 850 from the 10th ann. sculpture and a possible 1-80 that can be obtained by the sphynx.

hm I read something... somewhere.... no idea where. What I read was that the 1000 luck from honor do not stack with your other luck. I think it's rather a minimum luck thing, so if you have 900 luck on your suit with Honor / Perfection your luck is temporarily raised to 1000. This piece of information may be wrong, but that's what I remember reading somewhere, probably on Stratics.

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
According to the info on uoguide the luck from honor will be added on top of the other luck.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Would be nice to get a dev to confirm that. If so, I think I like the "lucky sampire" approach.

We shall dress them in green and call them Leprechauns. Shamrocks 'n' Sheleighlies!

~M

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Checked on Stratics today with a quick search. Found posts for both sides... Maybe a developer had already answered this, but I found no such posting. Maybe there was a Five On Friday on that topic some day.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I think I'm gonna take you up on that idea, LMAO! Good thing I saved all my compassion dyes. I have the perfect use for my hunter green dyes now :) If I didn't have to wear soles of providence I'd be rocking the lucky leprechaun booties.

Just thought of something I might put in the UO Ideas forum. They ought to have bag pipes for a musical instrument in UO. lol !

KingHen

KingHen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

I think I'm gonna take you up on that idea, LMAO! Good thing I saved all my compassion dyes. I have the perfect use for my hunter green dyes now :) If I didn't have to wear soles of providence I'd be rocking the lucky leprechaun booties.

Just thought of something I might put in the UO Ideas forum. They ought to have bag pipes for a musical instrument in UO. lol !

Bagpipes would be frikin awesome!
KingHen (KFC)
Chessy

Reply to this topic