Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

dexxer/poisoner build questions

7 replies to this topic

Cobbobles

Cobbobles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I was interested in making a basic fencing/parry character when I started tossing some ideas around in my head. I am curious to see from those with more experience if there was a way to build this type of character and how viable it may be.

The basic idea was to try to create a character that could lethal poison as well as death strike...as I hate runners. The problem I am coming across is, if I want to keep parry I would need to potentially drop healing and anatomy. Would chivalry conflict with poisoning too much, as far as karma goes? Would there be a better way to fit in fencing/parry/ninja/poisoning with some ability to heal? Would this type of build even be useful? I only have 700 skill points so this would be cramped at best, I know...but if there is any way to work it I would greatly appreciate advice.
  • Racheaf likes this

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I know someone that used to use a template like that... 4/6 chiv, with poison, ninjitsu, he used macing with a UBWS knife for poisoning..you would have to keep your karma balanced... like after doing alot of poisoning you would have to go get it up.. with 700 skill cap it would be hard but could be done.. as you dont need high chiv..and no resist...(im assuming trapboxes still work)

120 wep skill
120 ninja
120 parry
120 tactics
100 poisoning

Thats 580.. you dont need 120 chiv... and really i would think you need just enough to effectively remove curse/heal/cure

I've ran similar variations of this temp on test before.. with even maybe some hiding and its very effective..

Cobbobles

Cobbobles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks for the input...definitely helps me sort out the brain meats.

does anyone know what the chiv required for effective healing/curing would be? what kind of stats would I be looking at in order to have enough mana for this kind of build with deathstrike/poison/chiv spells? I'm still very inexperienced and have a huge lack of money so I want to spend as little time as possible fumbling around.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
healing/curing are low, removing curse is i think in the 60s?? im not sure, i have just recently returned.. on a suit for this temp... you want 40 LMC, atleast 10-12 MR, and any mana increase, intelligence increase you can get, if you have a lack of funds, you may want to consider putting this template on hold.. getting together PVP gear is RATHER expensive, and good pvp weapons can be even more expensive.

Cobbobles

Cobbobles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Looks like I will have forget the idea of death strike. I found the formula for death strike damage and without hiding or stealth it will only do 12 damage to a target at max (thats even if they run).

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
looks like they nerfed it... it used to do like 30+ when they ran, plus the initial hit... you could do bushido.. with a nice bokuto.. and a wep for poisoning... that would actually probably be pretty beast..

shinners

shinners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
I could be wrong, but i thought that if u got a 120 wep skill u would just need 80 poison for it to have the same effect has if it was 100?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
A friend of mine had this template:
120 fencing
100 tactics
100 hiding
80 stealth (+ items to higher than 100)
110 ninjitsu
100 anatomy
90 healing

If you changed anatomy for chivalry and healing for poison, then forgot about parry, you're in business.

The thing is, with ninjitsu, you don't really need parry. When you get into trouble, all you need to do is smoke bomb, and spend the time to recover.

For even more offense, drop the chivalry (you'll have negative karma anyway, and fit in bushido. Then switch to swords. Use bokuto and butcher knives for nerve strike and poison respectively. Keep dex low and mana high, and you can enter a fight against a melee (or a mage with mage weapon) with disarm, nerve strike, death strike (then switch weapons) poison (then switch back) and nerve strike repeatedly. If you get into trouble then you smoke bomb, stealth away, and use potions/confidence to regain your hit points before returning to the fight.

It's basically an all or nothing offensive template which has been (in my experience) extremely effective. On the other hand, when I did it, I didn't have poison on mine... just 120 swords, bushido, stealth, ninjitsu, tactics with 100 hiding.

And the 120/80 (or 200 point total) is applied to magery, not weapon skill. But 80 poisoning is still enough for deadly/lethal. More is, of course, better.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic