Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

recall magery level

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Reddnekk

Reddnekk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
I have 24 magery and 14 mana but my recall fizzles everytime I try to use it. what's the minimum magery level where recall is somewhat reliable? I'm a warrior and dont want to put anymore points into magery than I absolutely have to.
"Man does not cease to play because he grows old. He grows old because he ceases to play."

Kimi

Kimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Use a runebook and charge it with scrolls, and you'll never fail, even with 0 magery skill.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Or if you have Chivalry you can use Sacred Journey and you dont need recalls or magery.

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
All of my peeps have magery or chivalry. Chivalry is for warrior-types and magery is for others. As to magery skill level; about 65 is needed to recall 50-70% of the time.

To train magery, I stand outside a cemetery fence and cast across the fence. It prevents the monster from physically attacking me. A 100% lower reagent cost (LRC) suit is a near must for magery training.

Clextor

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
For a warrior, chivalry is much better than magery. With 60 chiv you can "recall" successfully pretty much every time.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
I have neither Magery nor Chivalry on my fighters, but they have runebooks with them which I keep charged.

Reddnekk

Reddnekk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Since Chivalry was bought up, how does sacred journey work? "Allows the caster to travel to a marked location". Can runes be added to the book of Chivalry? Or do you need to carry them seperately?
"Man does not cease to play because he grows old. He grows old because he ceases to play."

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
In your rune books (full of marked runes) is a choice to Recall (magery) or to Sacred Journey (chivalry).

My peeps carry 5-10 runebooks and are color coded. 1-2 for friends/home, 2-3 for cities, 3-4 for hunting spots.

Hope helps,
Clextor

Reddnekk

Reddnekk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Thanks Clextor!