Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What's the OFFICIAL word on EM events? Come on, I know your reading the forum!

- - - - - em events forum official reading word

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from http://boards.strati...sb=5&o=&fpart=1 '>UO.UHall

Comment

Which shards have already started their new arc of events?

Which Shards haven't even seen an EM in at least a year? (Origin is one of them!)

Why aren't all the shards receiving EM events?

Who are the EM's for each shard?

Who is OFFICIALLY in charge of the EM program?

Note to any Dev reading this: Origin will be Celebrating it's 2 year anniversary on December 16th, EM/GM/Dev participation would be a lovely addition to our events!

#########################

WHERES A PVP EVENT?

Many shards have had events this Arc:

Atlantic
Cheesypeak
Draconfel
Pacific
Sonoma
Lake Austin
Europa
Oceana
Baja
Lake Superior

Still wondering where Napa's EM is...his name was on the
pumpkins so I am assuming he is still our EM.
Sure wish someone on the team could tell us if and when Theo is
coming back or are we waiting on a new EM.

Still hoping that some EA representatice will post some comments here. It's really unfair that some shards have events and others do not!

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

I haven't posted because I've been gathering info about the EM program and listening to discussions about where it's going. I won't have any new info for you for a while, yet - but we're looking forward to making some positive changes to the program. I'll post more when I have something solid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
EA has limited resources and have to do more with less. I would rather see those resources used on more populated shards to affect more ppl than a few loner individuals on a dead or dying shard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
I kind of agree with Maddux here. EM's vary in ability and commitment--so the event content delivered is uneven. It's mostly devolved into "show up and get the item" events for the most part.

The Inu storyline is an example of what EA can deliver consistently across the shards. I think it's been great, and would prefer to see resources allocated for similar story arcs rather than given over to the EM program.

This being only my opinion, of course.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
They need a dedicated EM or Scenario team, preferably a scenario team

Scenarios were one of the best additions to UO imo

It brought in new content, items, monsters and quests

EM's are such a mixed bunch, some shards have great events, some don't have any for months at a time, or some have really bad ones

They need to dip their hand deeper into their pockets and hire a dedicated team

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: em, events, forum, official, reading, word