Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire Template Suggestion

60 replies to this topic

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I've found that I reach my damage cap without Enemy of One and Consecrate Weapon.

That means you have a lot of 100% poison/fire/cold/energy weapons?

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Indeed. I have an entire chest devoted to each type of sampire or thrower weapon (mostly: Radiant, Soul glaives, Leafblades) to hold all the 100% or enhanceable-to-100% weapons I craft from DC and Shadow runics. I label each one with its specific use once its imbued, i.e.: "Crimson Veins Renowned" or "Medusa". Weapons engraving tools FTW.

Imbuing is so powerful that you're really limiting your DPS potential if you don't carry at least two or three tailored weapons to a big fight.

Also, it helps that I stumble across quality 100% poison weapons almost daily in my loot. What can I say? Some people have good artifact drops. I get ^&$%ing 100% poison weapons instead.

(Anyone want to trade? =P)

~M

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

You don't need to have 100% in a single elemental damage. How about this... the monster type you are hunting has lowest resists in Cold AND Poison. Now that 60% Cold Damage / 40% Poison Damage Radiant Scimitar doesn't look so bad, does it? Enhancing helps, but knowing that you don't need to have 100% of a single damage type opens the door to many easily obtainable weapons.

The trick is to know your enemy's weakness, and attack there. Many weapons that others would toss can be used very effectively against the right type of monster.

Also, you don't *need* to have 100%. Sure it helps to get max damage, but capping your damage can occur with any weapon. If your attacking with the appropriate elemental damage your max damage will be a bit higher is all.

Don't forget that capped damage doesn't have to equal maximum damage ;)

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I've found little use for Chivalry, and replaced it completely on my template.

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
90 Healing
80 Parry (30 from Jewelry)

I took a long look at what exactly I was using Chivalry for on the char and decided that it wasn't worth the points I put into it. Those points are now in Anat, Tacs and Parry.

What I was using Chivalry for, and why it's not needed:

Sacred Journey - Charged Runebooks and Dungeon Teleporter
Enemy of One - No change in damage, I'm already capped without using it and it's dangerous if there are different types of monsters in the area.
Consecrate Weapon - No change in damage, again I cap out without it.
Clean Wounds - Never used it anyways, I like bandages cause no mana required. Seemed like every time I wanted to use Clean Wounds something would mana vamp me.
Cleanse by Fire - Never used it anyways, same as Clean Wounds.

I've found that I reach my damage cap without Enemy of One and Consecrate Weapon. Those are the two things that keep players clinging to Chivalry. This template works very well for me. I love bandage healing and with 80 parry I do block about 25% of hits, and I have a decent amount of Evasion.

can u liost ur suit with cap abilitys ? hci? di ? etc

also bush is a b*&^%CH to raise. im at a 100 any tips to get to 120

madvillan

madvillan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

I just recently started playing UO with a friend and he had an extra account for me to play and I am currently coming from WoW and EQ background and I have been doing a lot of research on skills and templates people are using and I like how the sampire works......My only question is....I saw Farsight sampire template of My goal:
120 throwing
100 tactics
100 anatomy
120 bushido
100 spirit speak
100 necromancy
80 chivalry

Does using either use throwing over fencing, swordship ect...really matter or is pref of what you would enjoy.....Seems like if I went throwing that I would using wraith form more then vampire embrace?

Sounder

Sounder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Curious to see what happens when the new anti-sammy mobs go live at Pub. why do dev's always wanna kill things?
Quitting UO Sale - Moving to LOTRO - L.S. Middle house S. of Bagball Court, Luna - No Spawn -
ICQ 18-303-350

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Curious to see what happens when the new anti-sammy mobs go live at Pub. why do dev's always wanna kill things?

what is this your talking about, I didn't read anything in the pub notes about 'anti sammy mobs' ??

and by sammy do you mean whammy or sampire??

I know the mobs are gonna be boosted a little in shame, but it didnt say they would have the tainted life leech aura that osiredon and corgul have.

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
What about 120 anat and 120 tact for samp and drop chiv?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
You could do that but you'd loose the luxury of quick travel, consecrate, enemy of one, remove curse etc. And remember that anatomy, tactics and stat bonus damage increase only applies to base damage and not your 300% cap. You can reach your cap with items, slayers and honor, but I like having EoO for that rare occasion that I cant get honor off in time. You could do lots of damage with 120 in both and the right weapon though. It all on you and your personal style.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The idea of a chivalry-free sampire is sound, but requires a few things.
1. Always use a slayer. This puts the old peerless (Dread Horn, Paroxy, Travesty) off the table. You will never get max damage against non-slayer monsters without chivalry.
2. Always use armor ignore. This requires use of a heavy mana leeching weapon, such as the broad sword or hammer pick as well as planning in extra mana increasing items. By using armor ignore, the armor type of your opponent doesn't matter, so consecrate weapon is redundant.
The downside of the armor ignore style is that with a couple of unlucky swings, you could run out of mana and would therefore be screwed. But from my experience, those times are rare, especially when you're hitting for up to 200 damage per shot and have 70-90 mana to work with.
Posted Image

Yoda

Yoda

Jedi Master and defender of Ocllo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

This puts the old peerless (Dread Horn, Paroxy, Travesty) off the table. You will never get max damage against non-slayer monsters without chivalry.

That is incorrect, Dread Horn is Fey.

Yoda

Yoda

Jedi Master and defender of Ocllo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I posted else where about removing Chiv completely. If you are already using pots, then it's really not that big of a jump. Planned out right, you really don't lose much.

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
not trying to start a argument. I like having chiv don't get me wrong. Just i always run out of mana. I know my suit isnt the best but. What am i doing wrong. I just fig if my skill anat and tact where at 120 then i wouldn't need points on armor and i could use it for something else like luck for shame. Or othere key boost.

113 str, dex 125 int 12 thats my naked stats for my sampire. Good enough

Roryn

Roryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How did you get HCI on the Woodland armor pieces? I build a set of woodland armor then tried imbuing but I could not see HCI option on Woodland piece.

Thanks in advance!

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

How did you get HCI on the Woodland armor pieces? I build a set of woodland armor then tried imbuing but I could not see HCI option on Woodland piece.

Board - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Random Property (see note)

Spoiler

:reye:eusa_boohoo::razz1::work::sleepy::cone:

Roryn

Roryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Hinreissend! Much appreciated for speedy reply and helpful post!

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Thanks Hinreissend! Much appreciated for speedy reply and helpful post!

You are welcome.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
theres 2 ways you can do it, the semi expensive way.. and the outrageously overly expensive way.

you can make heartwood woodland pieces until you get a pair that land with the mod you want, most times thats HCI or DI, and then you imbue onto it. but you loose a slot for that property being there.

the other way is to fully imbue then enhance and hope to get the mod you want. I highly suggest using forged metal of artifacts tool to do this since most times it will break anyway. but you may end up doing this many times until you get the random mod you want. I've gotten lucky and only had to do it 3 times once, another time it took 7. so thats a very costly piece in the end after all the powder and imbuing mats you go through to get the piece.

the advantages are you can get higher than normal resists and you can get 6 properties instead of just 5. It comes a price though.

I have built suits using both methods and I now usually will just do one piece with the second method and the rest with the first if anything.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

not trying to start a argument. I like having chiv don't get me wrong. Just i always run out of mana. I know my suit isnt the best but. What am i doing wrong. I just fig if my skill anat and tact where at 120 then i wouldn't need points on armor and i could use it for something else like luck for shame. Or othere key boost.

113 str, dex 125 int 12 thats my naked stats for my sampire. Good enough

I'm slow in responding but... Better late than never?

1. Make sure you have 40% lower mana cost on your suit. This can not be emphasized enough.
2. Make sure your mana leech on whatever weapon you're using is maxed out.
3. Have extra mana/intelligence on all your suit pieces. If you make your suit correctly, you wind up with at least 28 extra mana (assuming 2 artifact pieces, I always used mace and shield glasses and fey leggings, as well as 7 points of mana instead of 8 to save on imbuing materials). This, added to your 12 mana, should be enough to 2 specials in a row without factoring in mana leech.

Following those three points will get you enough mana for most encounters, but you will still run into trouble over time against well armored opponents. But as long as you can use consecrate weapon, your mana will replenish in a few swings.

The alternative is to add spirit speak and use wraith form as well. It means you can't use a swamp dragon, but the mana/life leech combo is very powerful indeed (as long as your opponent has mana!).
  • Hinreissend likes this
Posted Image

Ramadash

Ramadash

Dreaming of 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Great info here, I'm going to run a few of these templates on test this weekend.

Really want a samp.

Reply to this topic