Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire Template Suggestion

60 replies to this topic

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi I'm having trouble understanding gear n
I got the following
Head- spurt of totem
Neck - woodland imbued gorget
Chest- ruined beetle
Legs- fey legs
Hand - storm grip
Wep - soul seek
Quiver from heritage
And crimson for apron
Arms - woodland imbued

My fire resit is like 40 WTF what do I need?i know y. In vamp form its 40 in reg its 65 or so. How can i fix this. WHat else can i do. I need a good talisman,cloak,rob,shoes,ring and bracelet.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Hi I'm having trouble understanding gear n
My fire resit is like 40 WTF what do I need?i know y. In vamp form its 40 in reg its 65 or so. How can i fix this. WHat else can i do. I need a good talisman,cloak,rob,shoes,ring and bracelet.

You have too many pieces that cannot be imbued to assist in getting your suit done.
You cannot wear all that junk and get the suit to where it needs to be.
Heres my suggestion....Maybe use the Spirit of the Totem and the Fey legs, and have the other pieces of the suit made and imbued so you get 70's, lrc, lmc, etc etc.
Just know that vamp form will drop your fire resist, obviously, so you need to have fire resist imbued that much over 70 to keep it @70 in vamp form.

Soul seeker is an ok weapon, but have a couple weapons imbued instead.
You can have better mods on them than the SS has.

What you really need to do is to get with an experienced Sampire suit builder and say......"what resources do I need for you to make my suit?".........as most sampy suits are darn near all the same.

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark

I had originally created an album here on the site to pull the pics from, then I deleted them to save room and put some more pics up. What's this photobucket thing all about? I'd love to be able to put some more pics up.

Well, in light of what you're using your pictures for I have increased your album size considerably. You should now be able to store up to 500 images.

Try that out. :)
  • Hinreissend likes this

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i was also told i cant use a shield with bush and parry ?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

i was also told i cant use a shield with bush and parry ?

you can, but its useless to do so because your chance to block with a shield goes way down after your parry and bushido reach high levels together. with 120 in each skill, you have a 35% chance to block with a 1 handed weapon and a 40% chance to block with a 2 handed weapon. I usually go with a one handed weapon so I can use pots when I need to without dropping my weapon to do so. I go with the radiant scimitar for whirlwind attacks against groups, and the katana for its quick speed and armor ignore special move for bigger fellas.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Well, in light of what you're using your pictures for I have increased your album size considerably. You should now be able to store up to 500 images.

Try that out. :)

Thank you very much, I will. And I won't abuse the privilage. :)

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Thank you very much, I will. And I won't abuse the privilage. :)

Good :) Now start uploading those sampire pics, heh.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

you can, but its useless to do so because your chance to block with a shield goes way down after your parry and bushido reach high levels together. with 120 in each skill, you have a 35% chance to block with a 1 handed weapon and a 40% chance to block with a 2 handed weapon. I usually go with a one handed weapon so I can use pots when I need to without dropping my weapon to do so. I go with the radiant scimitar for whirlwind attacks against groups, and the katana for its quick speed and armor ignore special move for bigger fellas.

Zero % chance to parry, to be exact.
Parry skill alone, use a shield.
Bushido and Parry, a two handed weapon.

Using equip last, I switch to a one handed faster weapon (with health leech mod) for a needed pot, then back to the two hander for more parry. Seems like a waste of skill to not take full advantage of my 240 bush/parry skill points, to me anyway!=)

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Here is a suit that I made without faction pieces. I think this one will better 'suit' common suit builders. The one I posted before I had made using faction pieces to get the most out of it. But this suit works equally as well. There is slightly less mana, but everything else is the same.

http://www.uoforums....id=2458&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2459&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2461&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2462&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2463&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2464&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2467&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2465&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2466&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2470&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2474&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2473&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2468&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2469&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2471&thumb=1

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Could you make the posts without using thumbnails? I find it a bit cumbersome to click every image and keep track which one I've reached. Don't worry about bandwith.

What kind of suit would you recommend if money wasn't an option? (though still non-faction)

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
why not 100 anatomy and 60 chiv? or is 80 anat 80 chiv the best way to go.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Could you make the posts without using thumbnails? I find it a bit cumbersome to click every image and keep track which one I've reached. Don't worry about bandwith.

What kind of suit would you recommend if money wasn't an option? (though still non-faction)

If gold was no problem (i.e. you're really rich), then McNuge's suit is near-perfect for a sampire's needs. If you're a human and not an elf, get that race change! If you're a gargoyle, you're throwing anyway and your suit needs are slightly different (i.e. DCI isn't mandatory, but is nice)

My suits were always lesser suits with cheap artifacts such as fey leggings, mana phasing orbs. I rarely even used Mace and Shield Glasses or Crimson Cinctures (but both of those help a TON) The only real requirements for me were always DCI, HCI, LMC and hit point increases. Those can come on pretty much any imbued suit.
Posted Image

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I've tried half a dozen sampire templates over the past couple of years, but I could never really find one that suited me. Today, I think I may have. Here are the skills

120 swords
120 Bush
115 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Heal/Resist
99 Necro
66 Chivalry

He's not fully trained yet--still 80s healing and 90s anatomy. Perhaps the most unusual aspect of this template is that it lacks parry.

According to some of the sampire gurus on Stratics, based on the order in which defense checks are made in game mechanics, 120 parry doesn't protect you all that often. Provided that you have 120 weapon skill, 150 dexterity, and 45 defence chance increase (dci), parry only protects you about 1 in 20 or 30 times--certainly not worth 120 points.

how d\es this sound?

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

I've tried half a dozen sampire templates over the past couple of years, but I could never really find one that suited me. Today, I think I may have. Here are the skills

120 swords
120 Bush
115 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Heal/Resist
99 Necro
66 Chivalry

He's not fully trained yet--still 80s healing and 90s anatomy. Perhaps the most unusual aspect of this template is that it lacks parry.

According to some of the sampire gurus on Stratics, based on the order in which defense checks are made in game mechanics, 120 parry doesn't protect you all that often. Provided that you have 120 weapon skill, 150 dexterity, and 45 defence chance increase (dci), parry only protects you about 1 in 20 or 30 times--certainly not worth 120 points.

how d\es this sound?

1. 66 Chiv? Really?

2. Parry,huh.Well, IMHO, listening to guru's who blah blah blah but have zero facts is not a good idea.
TC1 offer's you the ability to test your toon with, then without parry so one can make their own decision. I know when my fellow guildie and I tested, it parried WAY more than 1 out of 20, but I am not gonna blow "guru"smoke up your dress like ummm they did.
Why not find out for yourself instead of, well, nevermind.

3. Resist over healing or parry? Really? Might wanna consider some different "guru's", IMO. Sure makes cross healing difficult.
Are you even taking into consideration group play, or do you think as a solo player your never going to group, or die?
Im just sayin.......=)

4, How does it sound, you asked? One word, and its the one the devs had in mind when they made the latest changes to try to get away from it...........gimp.

Goodluck.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I'm not sure how to post without thumbnails, sorry I'm a noob in that dept. :/

I'll gladly change it if someone can give me a few posting pointers :)

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

1. 66 Chiv? Really?

2. Parry,huh.Well, IMHO, listening to guru's who blah blah blah but have zero facts is not a good idea.
TC1 offer's you the ability to test your toon with, then without parry so one can make their own decision. I know when my fellow guildie and I tested, it parried WAY more than 1 out of 20, but I am not gonna blow "guru"smoke up your dress like ummm they did.
Why not find out for yourself instead of, well, nevermind.

3. Resist over healing or parry? Really? Might wanna consider some different "guru's", IMO. Sure makes cross healing difficult.
Are you even taking into consideration group play, or do you think as a solo player your never going to group, or die?
Im just sayin.......=)

4, How does it sound, you asked? One word, and its the one the devs had in mind when they made the latest changes to try to get away from it...........gimp.

Goodluck.

I'm gonna go with UOGrandpappy here and say that

a) if your planning to hunt in groups and x heal then your temp may be good, though I might drop say 10 points each from anatomy and healing and put your chiv at 86 instead. That will give you less fails and more DI from EoO, plus 100% proc rate on Consecrate. I've never played a x heal sampire so im not sure how effective it is but that would be my guess at tweaking the temp.

B) I would beg to differ that 120 parry in conjunction with bushido "doesn't protect you all that often". Those statistics may or may not be right in terms of the values given but sampires are not usually at 150 dex anyway, depending on the situation I float around at about 80 to 120 or so without a stam leech samp wep. And I know that when I try to solo a rikktor or navrey without my parry (only happened a couple times cause I forgot to stone it back on from using resist at a mini champ in the abyss) I get hit and killed a LOT more often then when I do have parry on. Again if you wish to find out for yourself you could try it out on test with char copy.

And ditto on good luck too.

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I'm gonna go with UOGrandpappy here and say that

a) if your planning to hunt in groups and x heal then your temp may be good, though I might drop say 10 points each from anatomy and healing and put your chiv at 86 instead. That will give you less fails and more DI from EoO, plus 100% proc rate on Consecrate. I've never played a x heal sampire so im not sure how effective it is but that would be my guess at tweaking the temp.

B) I would beg to differ that 120 parry in conjunction with bushido "doesn't protect you all that often". Those statistics may or may not be right in terms of the values given but sampires are not usually at 150 dex anyway, depending on the situation I float around at about 80 to 120 or so without a stam leech samp wep. And I know that when I try to solo a rikktor or navrey without my parry (only happened a couple times cause I forgot to stone it back on from using resist at a mini champ in the abyss) I get hit and killed a LOT more often then when I do have parry on. Again if you wish to find out for yourself you could try it out on test with char copy.

And ditto on good luck too.

im not going with that temp. Just what another person showed me. IM actually going with ur template mcnudge

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
right on, good to hear :), but actually if you were ever interested in doing a group or team sampire set up that might be close. But Farsight might better be able to answer that one for you. I remember him running a template similar to that that I read about a while back in the thread where this one had originated from.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Yep, I'm one of the smoking gurus who preach the no-parry version.

But the no-parry version has a HUGE disadvantage in solo play, and that is the special moves tend to cost more mana, leaving chaining armor ignore off the table.

But if you are hunting in teams, the healing version is great. It can also solo pretty much everything, but parry makes it that much (about 8% if my memory serves me right) easier and faster.

And if you do hunt in groups, I highly suggest mysticism and healing (also no parry) on the same template for perfect cross healing and poison immunity (from stone form). Two of those can kill literally anything in game... but alone, the sampire is still king of the hill.
Posted Image

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I've found little use for Chivalry, and replaced it completely on my template.

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
90 Healing
80 Parry (30 from Jewelry)

I took a long look at what exactly I was using Chivalry for on the char and decided that it wasn't worth the points I put into it. Those points are now in Anat, Tacs and Parry.

What I was using Chivalry for, and why it's not needed:

Sacred Journey - Charged Runebooks and Dungeon Teleporter
Enemy of One - No change in damage, I'm already capped without using it and it's dangerous if there are different types of monsters in the area.
Consecrate Weapon - No change in damage, again I cap out without it.
Clean Wounds - Never used it anyways, I like bandages cause no mana required. Seemed like every time I wanted to use Clean Wounds something would mana vamp me.
Cleanse by Fire - Never used it anyways, same as Clean Wounds.

I've found that I reach my damage cap without Enemy of One and Consecrate Weapon. Those are the two things that keep players clinging to Chivalry. This template works very well for me. I love bandage healing and with 80 parry I do block about 25% of hits, and I have a decent amount of Evasion.

Reply to this topic