Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire Template Suggestion

60 replies to this topic

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I want to give a detailed, in depth response to your question and help you by sending you my suit builder excel program with some of your pieces and a recommendation of what you could do. I will, but first I need to know just a few things so that I can better assist you.

do you have a crafter and imbuer? if not, how much money do you have to spend on this suit. It can get pretty pricey if you make it with the best of everything.

another thing is do you have tinker legs or cloak of augmentation? with an imbued jewel set and the right armor, you wont need the fey legs even though they are quite nice. if your low on budget they will be perfect however.

the jackals collar is a very nice piece for the fire resist and the dex bonus. but, you can still reach your cap dex by use of potions if that is something you want to do. Are you/ would you consider using potions? and if yes then enhance potions may be a part of your suit.

I will need to know some of these things in order to cater the suit to your playstyle and the items that you have available. I have got a work in progress going on my suit builder. I look forward to sending it to you and then you can use it and play around with it too afterward. I've built 3 sampire suits so far and I will show you the ones in there too as they are part of the file. I'll make a separate page for you with all the items you listed and build on from there. Once you get to actually building the suit, it will be helpful to have a crafter/imbuer. It can be difficult to find players to spend time on crafting a suit for you. But, if you give them some parameters to go off of i t makes it easier. they may charge you a fee though.

lemme know just what you've got and what you want to/ can do.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
theres a few things that have changed since the beginning of this thread. mainly there have been some changes in the way chivalry spells work. You may want to adjust your template slightly to fit in about 80 or 90 chivalry. Mace and Shield glasses are a head piece. They can be gotten from the community collections library turn in. It about 12 million in gold to get the 800000 points required to redeem for the glasses. You can easily make that back once you get your sampire up to speed though. read through the rest of the thread and find some other ones too. Ask people on your shard about them as well. the more info have the easier it will be to understand how to use your sampire most effectively.

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

theres a few things that have changed since the beginning of this thread. mainly there have been some changes in the way chivalry spells work. You may want to adjust your template slightly to fit in about 80 or 90 chivalry. Mace and Shield glasses are a head piece. They can be gotten from the community collections library turn in. It about 12 million in gold to get the 800000 points required to redeem for the glasses. You can easily make that back once you get your sampire up to speed though. read through the rest of the thread and find some other ones too. Ask people on your shard about them as well. the more info have the easier it will be to understand how to use your sampire most effectively.

can u give me a idea of what is a good template? Like what to start a new char off at? Elf or human? I have most of skills soul stoned. How to get the stats up quick to what i need?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
template I use:

swords 120
bushido 120
parry / resist 120
tactics 100
necro 100
anatomy 80
chivalry 80

Some may agree or disagree with that template but it works like gold for me. If you can build your suit out of all medable gear then perhaps you could run something slightly different like substituting anatomy for meditation so you can get some more specials off. This is especially true of the elusive Armor Ignore chain attack that does massive damage over time but also costs quite a bit in mana.

Most people go with Elf race for the build to get the extra 20 mana.

And as far as stats, well that all depends on your suit i guess. Definitely whatever you do, you will want to have maximum dex and stamina. The faster you swing the faster you can replenish your mana and stamina from leeching.

I run a suit that incorporates 50% enhance potions. That being said my stats are not maxed at raw power. The sampire is rather powerful anyway and when doing the lower levels of a champ spawn for example, max power is not needed. I usually eat a purple petal and chug my strength and agility pots around the 3rd or 4th level and always for the champ. I have my str and dex set so that I reach the 150 cap when I chug and eat petals. You could skip the enhance pots and still use pots and get more raw stats from your suit. either way it will take some planning. you can use the extra mods that you save from not using EP to put toward intel bonus to get more mana, or you can use EP and set your str and dex lower to get more mana. I dont thing the difference is huge but I like it when I need to use a greater heal in emergency situations.

cameron26

cameron26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

template I use:

swords 120
bushido 120
parry / resist 120
tactics 100
necro 100
anatomy 80
chivalry 80

Some may agree or disagree with that template but it works like gold for me. If you can build your suit out of all medable gear then perhaps you could run something slightly different like substituting anatomy for meditation so you can get some more specials off. This is especially true of the elusive Armor Ignore chain attack that does massive damage over time but also costs quite a bit in mana.

Most people go with Elf race for the build to get the extra 20 mana.

And as far as stats, well that all depends on your suit i guess. Definitely whatever you do, you will want to have maximum dex and stamina. The faster you swing the faster you can replenish your mana and stamina from leeching.

I run a suit that incorporates 50% enhance potions. That being said my stats are not maxed at raw power. The sampire is rather powerful anyway and when doing the lower levels of a champ spawn for example, max power is not needed. I usually eat a purple petal and chug my strength and agility pots around the 3rd or 4th level and always for the champ. I have my str and dex set so that I reach the 150 cap when I chug and eat petals. You could skip the enhance pots and still use pots and get more raw stats from your suit. either way it will take some planning. you can use the extra mods that you save from not using EP to put toward intel bonus to get more mana, or you can use EP and set your str and dex lower to get more mana. I dont thing the difference is huge but I like it when I need to use a greater heal in emergency situations.

Hey mcnudge ty for replying. NOt to knock anyone else but you know your stuff it seems on samps.

Currently im working on my skills. IO wanna do the same template as you but i got some questions.

Why not 84 chiv? I hear the eoo bonus gets better at 84.
Why not 120 anatomy for better dmg?
Why resist?
Also when i get full honor in virture meaning all my red dots are turned blue. Do i still have to honor everything?

My sampire is for soloing everything what do i need gear wise?

Current gear is
weap -soul seeker
chest -rune beetle
apron- crimson
collar - verite mempo
sash - quiver of infinity
robe - dark grey 3% resist
leggs - fey leggings
jewlary - some cheap with little amounts of hci di etc

arms,head - just some cheap imbued horned leather

What can i work on getting to better my suit?

ty

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

ty

I know you addressed McNuge... but maybe I may reply here, too:
Aim for the maximum in some important properties:

Also aim for 1.25 in weapon speed ticks. Weapon speed depends on a character's stamina, swing speed increase, divine fury and base weapon speed. Try this for example: Knuckleheads.dk • SSI Calc

Did I forget an important property?

railshot

railshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I started building a sampire plus suit following some advice here, but ran into some problems.
This is a 700 sp account, so I am somewhat limited. So far I have:
Swords 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Necro 99
Anatomy 100
Chiv and Tactics - still training, not sure how to balance these.

Obviously I will need some skills on jewels to make it work.

I so far got Fey Leggings, Rune Beetle Carapace, Storm Grip, Ancient Samurai Helm, and Primer on arms. These give me following resists: 28/40/21/45/14. From the same set I get DI 45, DCI 35, LMC 15, and MI 10.
I have arms, neck and jewels left to imbue to make up the deficiencies. It's my understanding that the goal for the suit is:
95/70/70/70/75 (Elf)
45% HCI
45% DCI
40% LMC
20% SSI
+25 hit point increase
65% DI
Plus as much mana and stamina increase as possible.
And between arms, neck, ring and brace, I don't see how I can come even close. Arms and neck will be nearly used up to imbue resists (and some fire resist needs to be added for jewels), and I'll need some Chiv on jewels leaving me very little to work with.
Am I missing something here about suit composition or imbuing?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
To cameron, hinreissend and rail shot.

I am going to do my best to answer each of these posts with as much detail as possible. I might do individual replies or just go back through and answer to all in one post as there are some similarities in the questions being asked.

What I'm gonna do is take some screen shots of each of my 2 sampires and talk about the suits I created for them. Then I'll go into detail about other things like play style, and why I like to keep 120 resist on a soul stone to trade out with parry sometimes. Please bear with me guys as I didn't bring my comp to work today. I will get to answering these asap when I get home from work today. You guys are gonna love what a properly suited sampire can do. :) But I will warn you that I spent a pretty penny on thier suits. I also have outfitted a friends sampire whos account I can access so I will try to include a third slightly different version of a suit as well.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Hey mcnudge ty for replying. NOt to knock anyone else but you know your stuff it seems on samps.

Currently im working on my skills. IO wanna do the same template as you but i got some questions.

Why not 84 chiv? I hear the eoo bonus gets better at 84.
Why not 120 anatomy for better dmg?
Why resist?
Also when i get full honor in virture meaning all my red dots are turned blue. Do i still have to honor everything?

Current gear is
weap -soul seeker
chest -rune beetle
apron- crimson
collar - verite mempo
sash - quiver of infinity
robe - dark grey 3% resist
leggs - fey leggings
jewlary - some cheap with little amounts of hci di etc

arms,head - just some cheap imbued horned leather

ty

EoO is not effected by skill level like consecrate weapon and divine fury are. The only thing that changes is the success rate of casting from minimal skill level. 84 skill may or may not give you a 100% casting success rate, but that is not important as you don't have to cast it all the time. The reason I say 80 chivalry is because that is the skill level at which you will get 100% success at when casting consecrate weapon. With less than that there's a chance that your attacks wont do the weakest resist type damage of the monster your hitting, and with more skill you get a slight increase in damage increase, but to play it safe you should be building 100% damage increase into your items anyway, so don't worry about that either. I go with 80 in chivalry and it does just fine for me.

When you get into the damage increase from skills and stats, it should be noted that those bonuses are not counted toward your 300% cap and are rather added to your base damage. The tactics formula tells how much of your base damage you are doing. It's your skill level +50%. So at 100 skill your doing 1.5x base damage. That means that if your weapon damage is 11-14, then your doing about 16-21. Then you add in anatomy as well. I could go way into formulas and numbers and such but that just gets confusing after a while. I can tell you that after hours of crunching numbers myself just to figure out, I came to the conclusion that there is a good balance at 100 tactics, 80 anatomy and 80 chiv. Before the game balancing changes and the changes to chiv just a little while ago. I was running 100 anatomy and 60 chiv. But now it's different and I chose to go with 80 chiv because of the 100% proc rate on consecrate weapon.

Just FYI, some people use divine fury for stamina regen and some don't. I do not. I dont like the fact that it takes away your defense chance for a short time period. Some people build in an extra 25% defense chance increase, but that takes away from a lot of other useful mods that you can add to your suit and what I do is just chug a total refresh potion to overcome that, or I put hit stamina leech on my weapon.

I have resisting spells 120 on a soulstone in cases where I'm dealing with primarily casting enemies. I tear apart the abyss mini champs using resist instead of parry as most of them contain casters of some type. And its been said many times before and I'll say it again. A well timed blood oath will kill a sampire every time. The devourer of souls mini champ is a perfect example of that as he uses necro magic. For all other purposes though, parry is where its at.

Honor serves two purposes for the sampire. The first and formost reason is the perfection system. In conjunction with bushido, when you honor an opponent, you gain perfection with every successful hit, and consequently loose some with each miss. But, with 120 swords and 45% HCI, you won't be doing a whole lot of missing anyhow. That being said, perfection gives you an additional 100% damage increase once you've reached the highest level of perfection. I'm not sure how many consecutive hits it takes, maybe 10 or so, and then your doing an additional 100% damage to your opponent. This damage bonus IS applied to your 300% cap unlike skill and stat bonuses. Your items including armor and weapons can cap at 100%, perfection can give you an additional 100%. That will put you at 200% damage increase out of 300%. If you throw in EoO, then your at 250%. Slayers and Super Slayers will put you at or even over the 300% cap at that point. Most times I get my honor off, but if for some reason my opponent blesses himself or gets hit before I get the chance, then I can use EoO as a back up to get my 300% damage increase cap. This is the main reason for honoring everything, especially bosses and such. Another thing you can use honor for is if you just wanna get through a congested area without being attacked, or if you run into trouble, or if you want to get to your corpse which happens to be surrounded by the very enemies that may have just killed you.

And now comes the suit part, LOL! I think I may skip to another post for this, as I am going to be adding some screen shots of a couple different suits that I have. I'll talk about it more in the next post but here is a list of the must haves as far as mods in an uber sampire suit:

resists - 70 95 70 70 75
lower mana cost 40%
HCI 45%
DCI 45%
dmg increase 100% between your armor and weapon
enhance potions 50%
swing speed increase 20%

and I think I may have already stated before how I work through stats. Dex bonus is important and you should be able to reach 150 for max swing speed. Also if you can get the cap of +25 hit point increase on your suit and get your str to 150 with petals and pots at least, you will enjoy staying alive after a devastating attack with your 150 hit points.

Weapons I suppose are considered part of the suit and should therefore at least have.. the damage increase needed to get you to 100% damage increase on items and max mana leech. After that you can have a combination of either stamina leech, more life leech on top of the 20% you get from vamp form, a slayer, hit lower attack or defense, or an area effect, which will mostly be used on spawn clearers. I can get into weapons more on another post if you'd like to see that in more detail. Just let me know.

other things that are nice to have are more stat bonuses and mana regen.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
http://www.uoforums....id=2441&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2442&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2444&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2445&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2446&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2447&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2450&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2448&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2449&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2453&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2451&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2452&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2454&thumb=1 http://www.uoforums....id=2457&thumb=1

dex bonus 23
str bonus 20
intel bonus 9
hit point increase 25
mana increase 10
hit point regen 4
mana regen 9
lower mana cost 40%
HCI 45%
DCI 45%
70 95 70 69 75
reflect physical damage 15%
damage increase 65%
swing speed increase 20%
enhance potions 50%

I think at least one of the woodland pieces was enhanced after imbuing which took a few tries to get the 10% damage increase to pop cause its a random mod out of 8 different ones, and the other two woodland pieces were enhanced first and I started with the 10% damage increase mod and imbued onto it. needless to say I used a forge tool on the one piece that I enhanced afterward.

The Turquoise Ring was one that popped with SSI 5% and DCI 1%, quite rare and takes many resources to spawn one that can be built on to make the perfect jewel for the suit.

Everything else should be self explanatory. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything.

railshot

railshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I think at least one of the woodland pieces was enhanced after imbuing which took a few tries to get the 10% damage increase to pop cause its a random mod out of 8 different ones, and the other two woodland pieces were enhanced first and I started with the 10% damage increase mod and imbued onto it. needless to say I used a forge tool on the one piece that I enhanced afterward.

The Turquoise Ring was one that popped with SSI 5% and DCI 1%, quite rare and takes many resources to spawn one that can be built on to make the perfect jewel for the suit.

Everything else should be self explanatory. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything.

Thank you very much for your help. This may be a stupid question but that's where I am stuck. I am looking at your woodland arms. Judging by their resists, you had to imbue all 5 resists on them. How did you manage to put LMC and DI on them too?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I'm really sorry, even looking at them I can't recall which of the 3 woodland pieces I enhanced after imbuing. But it may very well have been those arms. I think it was actually. So you can see from the page at uoguide.com about boards that when you enhance with different wood it gives different resist bonuses much like the differences between horned and barbed leather. While woodland armor is not medable, it does have the potential for great resists and nice item properties that are not possible with normal imbuing or enhancing. You will see that heartwood gives the following respective resist boosts, 2 3 2 7 2. It will also give one of 8 different mods, you can see them listed on the page at uoguide. damage increase 10% and hit chance increase 5% are the good ones.

It's possible that I enhanced after imbuing those arms, but it is possible to have what's there without doing so as well. There is a huge poison resist boost from heartwood. And with 100 arms lore, there is a chance that the raw starting piece can have up to 5% added to any random resist. So what I think happened with that piece was, I started by making woodland arms with heartwood until I got a pair that popped with the 10% damage increase mod that I wanted. Then from arms lore the physical resist was high so did not have to be imbued because it was going to be high enough. Also the poison must have been something like 7% to begin with then becoming 14% becuase of the heartwood enhance process. So the damage increase was already on the pice counting towards a mod, then I did the LMC and 3 of the resists, fire cold and energy to be exact, for a total of 5 mods.

I'm going to post another suit up some time this weekend, I was up way past my bed time last night taking and cropping all the photos, and by the time I got done posting I had to call it quits on putting up the second suit to get some sleep :/ But there is a great example of a piece on that one I know where I did the enhance after the imbue and the poison resist is something 25% I think. Plus it has 6 total mods because the HCI 5% was added after imbuing 5 mods on.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Oh no!! I don't know what I'm doing LOL! I tried to take out the photos I had and put some others in to show another suit and the ones from the original post disappeared! HELP! Is there some way I can get the pictures into a post without having to create an album with limited space to show them?

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Oh no!! I don't know what I'm doing LOL! I tried to take out the photos I had and put some others in to show another suit and the ones from the original post disappeared! HELP! Is there some way I can get the pictures into a post without having to create an album with limited space to show them?

You could use photobucket for instance to host your pictures.

Why did you remove the first build pictures, they were very nice to learn from. :(

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

EoO is not effected by skill level like consecrate weapon and divine fury are. The only thing that changes is the success rate of casting from minimal skill level.

Altho you and I differ on sampire setups/builds, it should be reported accurately based upon whatever build your going with.
Heres what I mean......tested on tc1.....reported results as follows...........
Went to TC:

Chiv: EoO damage bonus%
80: 46%
84: 50%
85: 50%
100: 63%
110: 73%
120: 82%
@120 = consecrate 15% bonus damage
@120 = divine fury 15 hci 20di 15ssi -10dci
Karma still effects chiv its just not the only thing that effects chiv anymore

.....so.......indeed EEO is affected by skill level, and karma as well.
Seems as tho nowadays, the min gimp level is 84.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

There are things out there, Corgul for example, that have the reverse effect on health leech, meaning when in vamp form, it will actually damage you, not heal you.

Also will be things that wont have a mana pool, meaning you wont be leeching mana, and mana regen will help a lot more than anat, so having that on a soul stone, at least, might be a wise idea. (ps...thats where my anat is, and I dont miss it, yet anyway!)

Should have alternate setup, possible build for this toon if your going to "solo everything", to help cover these issues should they arise.
Goodluck.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
In addition to everything McNuge is saying, you'll also want to invest in:

- 100% Elemental damage weapons. Properly imbued, a 100% Elemental damage weapon completely eliminates the need for Consecrate Weapon, and frequently keeps you from needed EoO. Of course, you'll have to burn a lot of Dull Copper and Shadow hammers to get that perfect 100% elemental damage weapon without any garbage mods.

- Slayer talismans. Particularly for ML and SA monsters, you can obtain a slayer talisman for just about any spawn now. The key ones for a sampire include:
--Undead (Mini-champs, Champs)
--Goblin (Mini-Champ)
--Vermin (Despise)
--Bovine (Meraktus)
You could also hope to loot very specific talismans, like a 50% Ratman Killing Vermin slayer talisman. If you're running a repond slayer in despise, suddenly you're up to 250% DI without casting a single spell. In general, though, those talismans are really, really hard to get in the right combinations. Just look for basic slayers...or, slayers "Owned by No One" if you want some truly boastworthy gear.

The best armor in the game is crafted by players, in the way McNuge indicated: Woodland armor, imbued, then enhanced with Heartwood until you get the mod you want (HCI or DI). It will cost you tens of millions of gold per piece, since there is so much randomness involved. You can eliminate *some* of the randomness with Forged Metal imbuing tools if you want to spend $$$ or if you can find one for gold.

Sampires are still the best solo template. Very, very fun to play.

~M

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I stand corrected on that fact about damage increase of EoO and skill level of Chivalry. Very helpful information. Thanks for posting it, good to know..

I have a question about something that I haven't been sure about but assumed. I know that in wraith form, if the enemy your hitting doesn't have mana or runs out of mana then you won't leech from it. But I couldn't find anywhere that had valid info on whether that was the case with hit mana leech. It only simply states that you can receive up to 40% of the damage done as mana back. But no where does it say that the monsters must have mana to do so. I've always wondered about this. I seem to get mana leeches quite frequently from monsters who I know don't have much or any at all.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

You could use photobucket for instance to host your pictures.

Why did you remove the first build pictures, they were very nice to learn from. :(

I had originally created an album here on the site to pull the pics from, then I deleted them to save room and put some more pics up. What's this photobucket thing all about? I'd love to be able to put some more pics up.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

I have a question about something that I haven't been sure about but assumed. I know that in wraith form, if the enemy your hitting doesn't have mana or runs out of mana then you won't leech from it. I seem to get mana leeches quite frequently from monsters who I know don't have much or any at all.

Yes sir. Leeching from a wep requires mana pool, but wraith form leeching only requires damage.
It turns a portion of damage, into mana, back to you.
Main reason for me to run med instead of anat, simply that I get more mana regen that i can count on vs the portions of leeching. They help greatly when they go off, but for my build...........no mana = I NEED A RES PLS!!=)

PS, ima experiment with 120 chiv, for S&G's, just to see if the bonus's will help, be effective, work for my build.
If nothing else, I'll have it on a stone!

Reply to this topic