Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Legendary stories - The first upcoming Ultima Online Magazine

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

kartman

kartman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted Image

It’s time Ultima Online Legends Rise!
Creating UO Magazine or Book.

Greetings , long long time has passed when I introduced you to the project “Legends Rise”.
Project is launched. It’s only a brief introduction. Contact us if looking for project roles.

It’s only a brief introduction. Project official website uolegendsrise.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates:

02/04/13 - Sign up
is open for beta blog community. / set as private blog / discover process of project /
01/29/13 -
new blog system is integrated to or host.
01/10/13 - or project jointed facebook page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legends Rise / intro /

Thousand years have been passed when legends were hidden and never told. At this age of legends the time comes , when unites the greatest power in battle fields , huge worlds , endless quests. They come to prove their skills in one and only Ultima Online. It is massively multiplayer online role-playing game and it's 15 Years have been loved.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/MiHoy92sVuEFljCxoklhUGiPY8TEihljMDNX6yR7C-Fskom_RPThF3XpIKz4AC2Ix1L1k-Nya2rvf-_K9uCtBjxf-4CmUNES2U8zu49nhF8HmtdVRzQO
(example of project achievements )

The Book
Sounds crazy but is crazier than you think. We creating Ultima Online Book which includes great arts, stories , secrets , decorations , crazy old school events etc and we don't stop here , creating new ideas and the best game experience. It’s all for gamers of Ultima Online.

Every gamer can be part of the project. We expect it will grow something more than book to show what really Ultima Online is and we want you to be a part of it as well.

Book includes in awesome bookcase and book with hardcover , even more high quality paper , rich content , fantasy art , player stories etc. It is time for us to show our passion. Don't miss out , everything is about Ultima Online !

Starting Now
It is time now we need your support for project. Spread the word to your friends, tweet it , like it at facebook , because we can’t make it without you ! With your support we will achieve great things together !

Thats not all you can get achievements and awards. Read more how to get free Ultima Online Book awards. It is time to show what we can do together my friends.

( more details will be showed in uolegendsrise.com )

Let’s do it ! Let’s make it happen and Legends will rise up !

Questions & Answers ?

Q: What about copyrights from EA Games ?
A: We believe with fans help and our achievements will not be problem , if so we will go our own.

Q: When project will start ?
A: We have 2 parts of project. 1st we launch out the project in 2013 January the point system . 2nd we launch the project to kickstarter.com if we get enough donations then book is printed. So that easy !

Q&A will be posted here.

Edited by kartman, 09 February 2013 - 11:36 AM.
New updates

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
The art looks fantastic! When do you plan on publishing the first issue?

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

kartman

kartman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
This is good question!
When I get enough stories and fun art etc. ,
as well copy rights - I hope than I can start think about launching the UO Magazine.
In magazine I am only a designer.

The art looks fantastic! When do you plan on publishing the first issue?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Looks good, although you'll probably need to be very careful if you're using any form of UO art/copywritten imagery. (i.e. the UO Logo)

zanku

zanku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Sign me up for the magizine. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones that started way back when, but have been told and heard many, many Legendary stories that makes me wish I had started then. So, yes, please keep us informed and good luck. Hope it all comes together. I will pass the word to our Alliance as I know one that started in the beginning and runs the Library. So we Will be waiting for the time it can be released.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
Careful you don't get sued.
I hear EA likes to do that

Looks great though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Looks very cool, you could have like contest, with screenshots from players and stuff like that, but yes i would be very careful

grimiz

grimiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Interesting idea! But as others have said be careful with the warcraft images as they are copyright. You should be fine if you aren't reselling them.
Free MMO guild hosting (without ads) at guildtag.com

kartman

kartman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Posted Image

Hey ,
thank you all for the ideas.
UO Magazine still working but I don't want to promise anything because
I don't know if "Electronic Arts" will give me the copyright for magazine
but we will see have it will works ,

anyway HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

and
Stay in touch

Cheers

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
If you are an established publisher, recognized artist or renowned writer, you might get the right to use copyrighted art of UO from EA for a generous royality to be paid to them. If not, I would be very, very surprised if you will get the rights. Absolutely forget to do it anyways should you be rejected, you will find yourself quicker in a courtroom on the hard bench as you can say "Ultima". Do yourself a favour and make 100% sure that the legalities are cleared before you publish anything anywhere, including the internet.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Do all these legal restrictions apply if he calls it a Fanzine and does not charge for it?

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Depends. If there's any sort of advertising where he'd receive any funds whatsoever from advertising, he could get in trouble. It varies...if it can fall under fair use, he wouldn't but it would be hard to say really. Getting a legal okay is probably a good idea.

And Happy Halloween. Good luck with the project kartman

kartman

kartman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Posted Image

Ok, Never mind

Small simple comic:
link
( nothing special 15 min work )

enjoy
the Halloween!!

jskalski

jskalski

Ultima Franchise Producer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Careful you don't get sued.
I hear EA likes to do that

Looks great though

Screw that. =P Love the idea of highlighting the great UO stories experienced over the years.

Kartman drop me a PM and lets chat. Curious how far we could take this. Perhaps we just keep it digital to manage costs.

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
This is great news. :) Good to see you participating.

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Wow! That's new. There is hope for initiative and motivation after all!

Anarkee

Anarkee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think this is a great idea.

I think you might be surprised with EA's answer.

I don't see how it could hurt them by letting you do this.

And for those that say EA loves to sue over stuff like this can you please list some specific instances?

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Great project and great response from the UO Producer! Good luck , will be very interesting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Ludes

Ludes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
ICQ me if this gets going.. I'll submit some stories for it.

Nathaniel Hawk

Nathaniel Hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
A good place to gather ideas from:
Notice Board - Guardsmen Militia

Fireside Table - Ultima Online Forums