Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What is the trick to targeting

- - - - - targeting trick

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Ok I am here at the Swoops casting my EV's with a few other mages. with all the Ev's running around we can't even see the the Swoop. Now a tamer and a fighter come in and they are on top of that Swoop in no time. How are they targeting the Swoop? I tried the "CTL" + "SHFT" key but with all the corps and Ev's I dont even see it that way.
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Ev's have a mind of their own and will attack what ever they want.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
You get used to it.

once you know where they spawn, you wait for the name to opo up over their head. You can click on the actual name, or the new purple pixels on the screen.

The Ctrl+Shift trick works great in lower level spawn, but as you said, with all the litter and summons at Swoop, it doesnt work super well there...

Posted Image

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I have heard of clicking on the name to pull up the health bar however I have never been able to get that to work, when a new monster spawns I always see the name three times stack on top of each other. I have tried to dbl click and single click but never seem to get a health bar is there a trick?
Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
What I do is as soon as the swoop dies, I open the corpse and get my target cursor up. As soon as the next swoop pops up, target it, then hit my attack last macro. So the swoop would come near me and I start hitting, while I'm looting.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
What I do is on uo assist, I turn on the "show corpse names" and the name will show up "a corpse of swoop" 3 times, i click on that while its there, and boom, i have my corpse

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Also any damage done to Swoop will auto-aggro you to it, and you will start attacking.

Any area effect spell will work (i.e. Holy Light, or WildFire)

Or as stated above, just dbl click on the name when it appears, can't get the life bar, since your already attacking it there really is no need.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Ok I am here at the Swoops casting my EV's with a few other mages. with all the Ev's running around we can't even see the the Swoop. Now a tamer and a fighter come in and they are on top of that Swoop in no time. How are they targeting the Swoop? I tried the "CTL" + "SHFT" key but with all the corps and Ev's I dont even see it that way.

You Ctl Shft then u keep right clicking the ones u dodnt want till they're is only the swoop =)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: targeting, trick