Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PVP Template - What you think? (DEXXER)

- - - - - advice dexxer pvp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Amnezik

Amnezik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the world of PVP and i was woundering if my template was good. What you guys think or suggest to improve!

Fencing: 120
Anatomy: 120
Tactis: 120
Parrying: 120
Healing: 85
Poisoning: 90

Left 45 PTS. I was thinking Mysticism or LumberJack

Myst: Give me Enchant on Weapon + Healing Stone
Lumber: Increase DMG.

What you think!

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
I understood, that in PvP you absolutely need Resisting Spells at 120.

Amnezik

Amnezik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
True.

This would be my template reviewed:

Tactics: 120
Anatomy: 100
Parrying: 100
Healing: 80
Poisoning: 90
Resist Spell: 90

My Question Now:

Q1. Resist Spell really need 120?

Q2. Can I Lower Healing to 60 or it will be too low?

Q3. Should i lower Anatomy (Attack) or Parrying (Defense) to 90? (to get 120 Resist Spell)

Thanks,

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Q1. Resist Spell really need 120?

Q2. Can I Lower Healing to 60 or it will be too low?

Q3. Should i lower Anatomy (Attack) or Parrying (Defense) to 90? (to get 120 Resist Spell)

Thanks,

Q1: Yes. Otherwise your resist skill would be simply useless against Legendary Mages, which you would encounter frequently in PvP.
Q2: You would slip much more often, and heal less.
Q3: I would lower parrying, since anatomy influences two skills (fencing and healing).

I would get rid of poisoning instead, and make the other 6 skills Legendary.

Amnezik

Amnezik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I would get rid of poisoning instead, and make the other 6 skills Legendary.

Isnt Poisoning good for PVP? Drop Deadly PSN on Weapon and hit the guy in the face?

That's like a huge advantage unless he can cure.

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Sure it is good for PvP. Just like being able to hit fast and heavy, or to heal thoroughly yourself, or to parry hard hitting blows, or to resist a Mages' curses ...

You can't have it all, I'm afraid.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
First off: Resisting Spells is not absolutely necessary. For a PvP beginner it is advised, but me and many others are running templates without it.

Second, Poisoning and Parrying are only really worth it, if you take them to the max (100, 120)

I would change the template to something like this:
Tactics: 120
Anatomy: 110
Parrying: 120
Healing: 90
Poisoning: 100
Chivalry: 70

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
For a nox fencer template chiv doesn't work anymore since you get karma loss for using poison.. it could work with lots of karma farming or for a blue but this type of toon will be red and will not want to farm karma. My group has mastered the nox fencer..we have run it for the past 5+ years.

For a character not chugging potions all the time you need 120 resist, minimum 100 resist.

120fencing and 120tactics are needed as this is your main attack and gets 35 dmg Armor Ignores.

120 anatomy and 90+ healing is how you stay alive, anatomy being 120 makes more sense because it effects damage of fencing as well as damage from healing.

120 parry is the defense and very nice to have, use a 15/15 shield, the -1 doesn't matter, or get the sign of chaos shield (soul charge gives mana for damage you take very very good to use).

80 poisoning is fine. If you are gm then use it, but going to gm poisoning makes little difference other then passive chance to resist poison. 20 points are much more useful in other areas of the template. Every 4 out of 5 times you use deadly poison you will lethal. Gm poison is lethal poison everytime.. but as I said it's nicer to use those 20 points for other areas of the template.

With imbuing you can get +30 on each jewelry piece adding +60 to the template. The result would be

120 anat
100healing
120resist
120fencing
120parry
120tactics
80poisoning

Carry potions, especially red potions as stamina will be you biggest issue. Not a big deal to chug with a temp like this since you will be disarm spammed often. Kryss as main weapon, 35dmg AI's with poison. A war fork is nice for mages, bleed and disarm. 140 dex is required as this will give you 4 second healing threw bandages. Also orange petals are mandatory so you don't get your healing tied up with poisoning.

You will need 4 weapons. A kryss, war fork, lance (dismounts, mostly used to counter them.. no one wants to go toe to toe with a nox fencer.), and a whirlwind weapon with mana and stamina leech. The whirlwind weapon I use an imbued radient scimtar because it is one handed, but needs use best weapon property. You use this when you get surronded by spawn and/or need stamina. Also I stated you will need red potions as stamina is a big deal on these guys. Since you already have to worry about stam, it makes sense to run elf for the extra 20 mana increase for another AI or couple of poisons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice, dexxer, pvp