Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO Gets an Uber Producer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Deckard

Deckard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I saw a post on Ultima Aiera about a tweet that Jeff Skalski made and I wondered if he was over UO or just the Ultima project.

He gave me the following response: You found me. ;) Yes, I'm the Ultima Franchise Producer & UO is now one of the projects I'm responsible for. Nice to meet you.

It's good news that the Ultima franchise is getting its own producer and that UO will be under that producer.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Look at his profile on LinkedIn, he was all over Warhammer Online, and everyone knows how great that game is doing.

#nervous

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Deckard

Deckard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
The drama behind Warhammer would make for an interesting book.

UO is now under the "Ultima franchise", which is a promotion of sorts. It means EA sees some kind of value in the Ultima franchise.

I felt kind of bad posting about that, because it means he's going to get bum-rushed by a lot of angry UO players.

Deckard

Deckard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Should this have been in the General Discussion area?

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

Should this have been in the General Discussion area?

Probably not - it is, after all, valid UO news. Of course, the title might leave people to wonder in which form are you using the word Uber :)

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

Deckard

Deckard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
True. While he is not the dedicated UO producer, UO is his responsibility now. If any mods or admins can think of a better title, please do so.

It's an interesting development the more I think about it. He has a long history with BioWare/Mythic, and has seen quite a lot. EA saw fit to promote Ultima as a whole, and UO is a part of that. They could have simply assigned him as a producer to the top-not-so-secret Ultima project and let UO hanging on its own.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Or look at it this way...Yes he is now over the Ultima Franchise (which by my count is UO, Lords of Ultima (or whatever the browser game is called) and the Net Dragon Ultima thing for China)...which to me means that we will see him post and interact even less than the last producer. Since he has more on his plate to worry about. If you wish to believe this is a good thing...go right ahead. But EAs track record is less than steallar, we all know this. And yet people still drink the kool-aid. For me this is a meh moment. UO needs a producer and techniquely now we have one. Ethier way I will still be slaying monsters over on Lake Superior after this producer has left.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I can't see how having one uber Ultima producer is good for Ultima Online. That seems like less focus on our game, not more.

~M

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
i messaged him on twitter saying good luck because we are a tough crowed

he sent me a wee message back saying thank you :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
They need someone who is at least knowledgeable about UO. Seeing previous people over the years grasping for straws when posed questions that involved common in-game lingo was painful. Also, Mr. Skalski's lordship of UO could easily be deferred to a day-to-day overseer, Mesanna perhaps?

Cal "produced" SA and High Seas. They both had various highlights and blunders, content- and delivery-wise. UO and its dedicated playerbase deserve someone who will swoop in and drop some serious bomb tonnage, not just try to hold the wheel and keep the ship sailing straight.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Deckard

Deckard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Cal "produced" SA and High Seas. They both had various highlights and blunders, content- and delivery-wise. UO and its dedicated playerbase deserve someone who will swoop in and drop some serious bomb tonnage, not just try to hold the wheel and keep the ship sailing straight.

I don't think we'll ever get anything as big as SA again, not unless numbers go up. At this point, UO needs numbers more than it needs another expansion.

He did stop by Stratics and introduce himself

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Someone should twitter him to get on UOForums>.>

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

I'm on it!

Update: I tweeted him :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounder

Sounder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

kinda what I was thinking about - does he even know there's more than just stratics for fansites?
Quitting UO Sale - Moving to LOTRO - L.S. Middle house S. of Bagball Court, Luna - No Spawn -
ICQ 18-303-350

jskalski

jskalski

Ultima Franchise Producer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Don't worry I won't just be trolling Stratics. ;)

/wave everyone

I plan to do a lot of listening over the coming weeks. Looking forward to chatting more and seeing how we can improve Britannia together.

Cheers,

Jeff

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Don't worry I won't just be trolling Stratics. ;)

/wave everyone

I plan to do a lot of listening over the coming weeks. Looking forward to chatting more and seeing how we can improve Britannia together.

Cheers,

Jeff

glad to hear it although trolling is against the rules! *whips out the ban hammer*

..... Just kidding!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
wow.... is this for real?!?!?!? *Dies of shock*

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Wow. Welcome Jeff! Can I convince you to do an interview with us :) I promise, I don't bite...well...at least not hard.

I'll see about getting you a VIP badge. Welcome again!

Sounder

Sounder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
love that avatar - paperdoll of his first char
Quitting UO Sale - Moving to LOTRO - L.S. Middle house S. of Bagball Court, Luna - No Spawn -
ICQ 18-303-350

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Good to see you making the rounds Jeff.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW