Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Random Art Goodies In Next Pub, says CatHat

- - - - - art cathat goodies pub random

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Posted on UO Stratics, in a discussion about why we are getting new art, and not new bug fixes...

Player: I doubt the person that made the art for these would have been fixing bugs instead.

Wilki: Correct.

Also, they were created for a Japanese marketing initative that was designed to target new players that might not have otherwise considered playing UO. Without new players, the game dies. Now that we all know that fact, we can stop making these lame threads every time something like this comes up.

Capiche?

CatHat: Yeah - pretty much the way it was - As i recall - Grimm and I made this stuff after the Holiday season when a lot of folks were away and your x-mas reindeer sled stuff was all done and delivered. Like Wilki said - it was on the request of the Japan offices that we do this - sortta like their version of the 8th age box with promotional gifts that was out here in the west some time earlier. It was just a quick, fun thing - but was so well recieved we thought we'd better get it available for people out here who are into housing collectables.

Given a little direction and a little free reign - we cranked out stuff for fun. I did the little 'cathat' statue of giving and Grimm made the "mongbat dartboard" that screams when you nail it. The soji screen is modeled off of a real mango wood soji screen in my place - hmm and a bunch of the other things are just cool little items based on whimsy and input from our contacts in japan.

Bascially, it didn't negatively impact our schedule making these housing items. It was all about fun.

Keep your eyes peeled for more random artie goodies coming with the next pub. (uh oh - he just dropped a teaser on you - lol -yep!) Some things for you powermongers out there too from what i hear. Guess we'll all have to wait and see what the designers decide to launch come the next pub.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
*spaz*
Art
*spaz*
Goodies
*spaz*
*gets excited*
Im such a goodie spaz!

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

HarvestGod

HarvestGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
LOL flutter

Kreegan

Kreegan

Proud Member Of...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

*spaz*
Art
*spaz*
Goodies
*spaz*
*gets excited*
Im such a goodie spaz!

I know the feeling dear. :grin:

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
"Artie goodies" is such a confusing term given today's UO, does that mean new art or new artifacts? :)

Given it's CatHat speaking I'll go with the former, and best so, we don't need new property-ridden gear but updates to the looks of things currently in game.

Oh and clothes. Lots more clothes!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, cathat, goodies, pub, random