Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Problems Imbuing My Bow

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
so i ran the imbuing calculator on searchuo to make sure i could get the most out of my bow without going over the 500 cap. i created an exceptional bow so i could get my 500. i corrected my first mistake of using ash cuz i didnt know the lower req. would count as a mod.

after creating a 2nd bow i set the mods at 44 DI, 30 SSI, 40 HML, 40 Lightning and Balanced. the first 4 mods went on flawlessly. the balanced when i tried to add it gave me an unstable message of 570...i put all the information in the calculator correctly and got 500 exactly...i dont understand what happened...

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
what you should do is just go in game since the numbers are only really exact there.

another thing is you should always put balanced on first, and any other mods that use up relic fragments as the ingredient. this will make it cheaper to build. Start with relic mods, then move to essence and finally residue, that will save the more important ingredients that can possibly get wasted. If you save balanced for last and fail a lot and waste a lot of relics, thats not a good thing.

I always go with what's most important and move my way down, essence is more valuable than residue but still not as much as relics.

So that being said maybe you could go in this order:

first tweak your DI, then balance, ssi 30, lightning and then finally squeze whatever you can for mana leech in there at the end

you could go mana then lightning but i think lightning uses relics so better do that first.

you could also try getting more DI on your suit so that you dont have to have it so high on the wep.

Keep in mind that you can have a cap of 100% between your suit and wep

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
i pushed as much DI onto my suit as i could (55) using 25 on my brac, 20 from my trinket, 10 from M&S glasses. then the 44 from my bow would have given me 99 which was as close as i couldve gotten since my suits already built for 70/85/70/85/75 and my rings tapped out with everything i need and +6 str. i guess i could get rid of the +6 str and add DI to it...but the rings already built. i built the suit to max out every mod i use but i didnt forsee the bow problem

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
another question...i built my bow and suit...why cant i add powder of fort to any of the items???

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
because you have to use powder of fort before you imbue any item.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
i found a pretty wicked cop bow set up requiring 40 SSI. now i see i can only put 30SSI on it and will have to enhance (is what its saying) to get the other 10. my question is...do you have to be a GM fletcher to prevent from breaking ur bow or will low 90's work?

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
even at gm you can break it. I would not try until I hit gm, if you do...you are almost certain to break it.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Kellgory

Kellgory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

i found a pretty wicked cop bow set up requiring 40 SSI. now i see i can only put 30SSI on it and will have to enhance (is what its saying) to get the other 10. my question is...do you have to be a GM fletcher to prevent from breaking ur bow or will low 90's work?

There is a forged metal tool that you can use that will give you 100% chance at enhancing something as long as your skill is high enough to use the material. You would either have to buy the item with real money or find a vendor that sells them.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I'm sorry you had to learn that the hard way about powdering before you imbue. Definitely do that in the future. I would recommend rebuilding your ring to fit that DI in there. Any room you save for the wep will be that much better. You'll have to use ash after your bow is all built to get the 40 ssi but it's pretty sweet to have. I would highly recommend getting a forge tool from uogamecodes website. Otherwise you risk a high chance of breaking even with a GM Fletcher because the imbue weight is maxed. That makes the success chance go down. Keep in mind too that after you get your mana leech on there the ssi will bring it down. Refer to the table at uoguide about mana and life leech and how it corresponds with wep speed and ssi. I think you can get about 31 on a composite with 40 ssi. So make sure you plan for that when imbuing again.

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
i really appreciate the info guys. its helping not only me making my own suit and weps but when i help other ppl i can instruct them on the best methods for their weps and suits and watnot

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
so i need to get a forged metal tool and an ash fletchers kit correct? i use the metal tool to give me 100% success and the ash kit to give me the +10 SSI i need?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Negative. Here are the step by step procedures:

Craft bow with normal Fletcher kit and normal wood.

Use powder of fortification.

Imbue with desired properties and intensities.

Double click forge tool and the 100% success rate for your next enhancing attempt.

Then enhance with ash boards.

You should not use a ash fletcher kit or any fletcher kit for that matter.
Enhancing with different boards ingots and leather will unique special properties to certain items whether it is a weapon or armor. Refer to the pages on uoguide board ingot leather, to see what gives what. The forge tool is a relatively new item that grants a 100% success chance at your next enhancing attempt. Before they were made the only way to land a great piece was to take the roll of the dice with runic Fletcher kits and special materials. The result was usually a bow with random properties that you probably didn't want and a ssi increase anywhere from 10% which is what ash usually gives all the way up to 40% which would mean that the runic fletcher kit imparted 30% ssi an ash boards you used would bump it up another 10%. Sometimes a nice piece would pop usually far and few. With imbuing and the new forge tool, runic Fletcher kits have become obsolete. Make sure you follow those steps for the best results and please ask again I you have any more questions.

Also you'll see that yew boards will impart a 10% damage increase and 5% hit chance increase, this can be cool to experiment with sometimes but ash is the best one in terms of getting bang for buck. Good luck and lemme know how it goes.

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Please take a little while ahead of your imbuing to determine what swing speed to put on the bow. That will determine how much mana leech can be imbued.

There are MANY weapons that you don't need more then 20 ssi to be at max swing speed no matter if you have 150 stamina or 180! I hate seeing people put max swing on items AND have leeches, when the weapon ssi doesn't need to be maxed.

Here's an example:

Shortbow 3s weapon

35 SSI gives 1.25 swings with only 120 stamina. Putting 40 SSI on the bow is a complete waste as it doesn't give 1.25 swings with 90 stamina. So you would want to imbue 25 SSI on shortbows, then enhance to 35 SSI. Too many people put 30 SSI on the bow and enhance to 40 SSI.

The difference is that at 25 SSI you can put more mana/life leech onto the bow. BTW, if you want 1.25 shots on a shortbow with 90 stamina you'll have to come up with 55 SSI.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Please take a little while ahead of your imbuing to determine what swing speed to put on the bow. That will determine how much mana leech can be imbued.

There are MANY weapons that you don't need more then 20 ssi to be at max swing speed no matter if you have 150 stamina or 180! I hate seeing people put max swing on items AND have leeches, when the weapon ssi doesn't need to be maxed.

Here's an example:

Shortbow 3s weapon

35 SSI gives 1.25 swings with only 120 stamina. Putting 40 SSI on the bow is a complete waste as it doesn't give 1.25 swings with 90 stamina. So you would want to imbue 25 SSI on shortbows, then enhance to 35 SSI. Too many people put 30 SSI on the bow and enhance to 40 SSI.

The difference is that at 25 SSI you can put more mana/life leech onto the bow. BTW, if you want 1.25 shots on a shortbow with 90 stamina you'll have to come up with 55 SSI.

You make a valid argument, but - at least for PvP - there's a flaw to your logic. Namely that you are rarely at maximum stamina while fighting. That is the reason why a lot of people over-maximize SSI, even at the cost of losing some leeching percent, so they can still hit at 1.25 even when the enemy took out a big chunk of their stamina.

Also in reply to the OP - there is actually an accurate imbuing calculator on the web - try the one from the knuckleheads:
Knuckleheads.dk • Imbuing Calculator

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Use the same site for the swing speed calculator.

If you check magical shortbows you'll see that there is no reason to go above 35 SSI total for them.

I'm accounting for stamina at lower levels with the bow. If you are at 90 stamina with a shortbow you need 55 ssi to maintain 1.25 which is virtually impossible. Imbuing the bow to 40 would not help at all.

And at 60 stamina, forget about it. You would need over 60 ssi to maintain quickest shot.

There is NO reason whatsoever to imbue 30 SSI on a magical shortbow, 25 is max you should EVER imbue on a shortbow - then enhance to 35. I'll stand by that statement until someone can show me some numbers proving I'm wrong.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Ok, I'll try ;)

First off, 55% SSI is not impossible at all. Just use Rangers cloak of augmentation, a turquoise ring and the animated tinker legs - voilà +20 SSI. Combined with a 40 SSI magical shortbow, you are at the SSI cap of 60 and still swing at 1.25 when down to 90 stamina (which would be half you stam on a maxed suit.)

But this is all rather theoretical and borders on derailing this threat. I just wanted to point out that there are reasons for imbuing high SSI on an already fast weapon. Personally, I rarely imbue more than 25 SSI on magical shortbows, but then again I rarely use magical shortbows anyway.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
to stay at full stam make sure to take refreash pots. You start losing stam chug a refreash pot. or is it agility, i can never remember, its the red colored potion.