Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire... Am I doing it right?

14 replies to this topic

Elegante

Elegante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello, I just started playing again after 6 years.
After doing a bit of research I decided to use a "sampire" template on my new account.

Currently I have...
Bushido: 100 (I ate a scroll that lets it go to 120)
Chivalry: 60
Necromancy: 100
Parrying: 120
Spirit Speak: 100
Swordsmanship: 120
Tactics: 100

(only 700 skill cap, on this account)

My gear setup gives me the following stats;
Resists..
Physical:70
Fire: 70 (in vamp form as well)
Cold: 70
Poison: 69
Energy: 71

Hit chance increase: 3
Defense chance increase: 63
DAMAGE INCREASE: 89
Lower mana cost: 30
Spell damage increase:3
Hit point increase: 9
Stam increase: 6
Mana increase: 10
Str bonus: 11
dex bonus: 10
int bonus: 8
HP REGEN: 2
MANA REGEN: 5
Hit lower def: 30
hit chance increase: 40
Luck:125
Reflect physical dmg:10

Those are my stats without a weapon. (I have a shield on tho)

This is typically what I fight when I solo hunt... titans, cyclops warriors, ettins, frost ogre lords. (I'm still trying to get comfortable on how to kill stuff/what rotation to use)

Make sure I have vamp form on...
I'll run up to a mob, use consecrate weapon/confidence/then spam lightning strike while keeping consecrate weapon up, I'll honor stuff to finish it off. And spam whirlwind if I get 2+ mobs.

Anything I can improve on or tweek?

(familiar pieces in my suit include: "conjurer's trinket" , "cloak of death", "rune beetle carapace", "fey leggings", "stormgrip", "mace and shield reading glasses", "melissa's cloak", "snake skin boots"

(edit for new item: conjurer's trinket)

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Dump the shield, you are losing all your parry because you have bushido on the template.

Elegante

Elegante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
damn... dumping the shield will lose me dmg increase 10% and reflect physical dmg 10% and 19/1/6/54 resists fml

Elegante

Elegante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I tried killing titans/cyclops without a shield on.
It seemed I was parrying much more then before, so thank you for the advice.
I just purchased a conjurer's trinket as well. (will edit original post to reflect this)

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I think you should drop the spirit speak and pick up anatomy to 80, and take your chivalry to 80. This will get you hitting much harder and therefore leeching more. You don't need the spirit speak unless your using wraith form from time to time. I just stick with vampiric embrace which doesn't require spirit speak to be effective.

I wouldn't worry about reflect physical damage at all. It's not really doing much of anything. If something hits you for 50 damage and you give back 5, you wont be standing there long to fight it anyway, that would be more of a jousting enemy. Reflect is not needed.

Also, loosing 10% of your 89% damage isn't really bad either. You can pick up the rest on your weps to go to 100%. You'll only need 21% on all your weps from the sound of it. not too shabby, the way my suit is built I put 35% on my weps. you'll have plenty of room for mana leech and stam leech, you'll even have some room for hit lower attack or something too after putting a slayer on there.

you don't need that much defense chance increase unless your using divine fury as part of your tactics. Try getting your hit chance up to max. both properties are capped at 45% just FYI.

There are probably another few things I night add but I can't think about it right at the moment. The only thing I'd say you could try now is maybe, go down to the abyss dungeon and try your hand at some mini champs. See what you can do and keep in mind that you may die, It's ok though, it's the only way to get better. Test yourself outside your boundaries. I tried and failed a lot at first but now I can solo entire champ spawns and bosses. Taking home a few pink scrolls and 6 or more white scrolls is nice after an hour of straight wailing on enemies.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions, I love talking sampire stuff... I d be glad to give you any more advice that you're looking for.

Elegante

Elegante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank you very much for the reply mcnuge, you bring up a good point about the anatomy. I think I will drop ss and pick up anatomy and boost my chiv like you said. Good idea.

I will talk with the person that imbues my stuff to see what kinda mats I need to farm up for them to tweek my armor around to hit 45% hci and hci.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
if you're an elf you could consider using woodland armor, it may cost you a little more to have made but will make your suit quite nice, i use it myself. Heartwoods imparts 8 random mods when enhancing armor with it. the two best ones are 10% DI and 5% hci. you could have him make some base pieces that pop with the 5% hci and then build on them. once you drop that ss and pick up anatomy you may find it easier to farm up the mats as well. you can start putting max intensity properties on your pieces if you havent been already.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
If your gonna got he wood armor route, for heavens sake get the 100% tool from up-store.
Be a cryin shame to get that perfect armor ready to add the hp regen and poof it!!!

Elegante

Elegante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
My guild mate showed me around the stygian abyss for awhile.
We did both those rat guys, was pretty fun!
I came back later that night before bed to see if I could solo it.
(we had double sampire'd it up earlier)
Worked out great, never got below 70% hp. I just tried the first one though.

I have gotten my anatomy to 80, and working on the last 20 points of chiv today. I do notice the dmg increase, and hardly notice the loss of spirit speak- glad I picked it up thanks McNuge!

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

If your gonna got he wood armor route, for heavens sake get the 100% tool from up-store.
Be a cryin shame to get that perfect armor ready to add the hp regen and poof it!!!

You don't have to enhance after imbuing. You can enhance before, saving the need of the forged artifacts tool. This of course would use up at least one mod slot, but it could potentially save you a lot of money, since enhancing post-imbue doesn't guarantee you'll get the mods you're looking for.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

You don't have to enhance after imbuing. You can enhance before, saving the need of the forged artifacts tool. This of course would use up at least one mod slot, but it could potentially save you a lot of money, since enhancing post-imbue doesn't guarantee you'll get the mods you're looking for.

Uhhhh.....nm.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
it is true, I did spend 3 charges on my sleeves and 4 on my neck, so thats like a total of 7 million worth on just 2 pieces. But if you have the funds, it is silly not to go that route. If you're trying to make the uber of the uber, its the only way.

In your case Elegante you could choose to imbue on to a piece thats already made to save you money in paying your imbuer. If you had your own imbuer id say go for it. but keep in mind that you will have one less slot available if you do it that way, it still makes for a pretty nice piece though.

Elegante

Elegante

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should go kill?
I got the two rat guys in the abyss on farm. Vivati and the one with wolves around him. (the wolves that drop reflective eyes)

I tried some undead one, but before I could get him to come out the skeletal liches were destroying me, so I gave up.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
If you do not have resist some of the necro caster will demolish you because you take full reflect. I have sort of abondoned my sampire after I built my throwing wammy, but I was always a fan of the hammer pick as weapon of choice. If the boss I was fighting had a low resist I would use the Maul for the higher dmg.
As far as your suit goes, I'm a fan of the heart of the lion and spirit of the totem. That gives you 15 hci/dci so you can get 45/45 with your jewels. That will also let you wear the insane tinker legs and ranger cloak for the SSI and if you wear a war axe IMO you can get by without SSI on it with that setup. So on your weapons that leaves you room for 2 leaches, DI, slayer, HLA/HLD. Personally I would not run a slayer and just use perfection to have HLA and HLD. AI, LS,LS AI, LS, LS... rinse and repeat. For your talisman wear the primer or conj trinker, or appropriate slayer tally.
On jewels i would do 15 hci/dci, dmg inc, and stat increase, if you can get an SSI jewel use that. Remember since you will be using the hammer pick/war ax 99% of the time you can sac stam leach and use refresh pots.

Also, some people like to fit in the stormgrip, i've never been a fan but some like them

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
If you've got a soulstone you could store parry and train up resist for times when you need it more, I switch out often for cases where I'm going up against casters. Bloodoath will get you every time. There's a really easy and fast way to train resist if you dont already know it. Go to new haven and get as many spectral spell binders to cast on you as you can. Just get them all to follow you to the broken down cottage at the south east corner of old haven then go inside and shut the door behind you. As long as they still have line of sight through the broken wall on one side you can just sit there and resist up, heal as needed. You can use resist for the minis where you need it then switch back to parry when you wanna do something different.

Reply to this topic