Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Herding was nerfed??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Eslake

Eslake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
When did they take away the ability to use Herding to drag animals in/out of dungeons?

Seriously not happy about this one. :(

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
How long ago was this? In my experience with herding, I was never able to lead them out of a dungeon. I have been able to lead them over server lines however, though some herded creatures at the back of the train get stuck on occasion.

I do remember a time herding was nerfed, however. I used to be able to herd creatures and if they ran off to attack something or someone, after the battle, they'd return to my herder, still herded. What's more, if I died, they would still follow my ghost around. I had a blast chasing pvpers in Fel Destard with that, likely the reason it was nerfed.

Eslake

Eslake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
It is newer than the addition of Greater Dragons, since that was the last thing I used it for - herding them out of Destard to tame without 10 bards running around provoking them onto each other.
(and stealth herding them to the Yew gate in fel)

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
You shouldn't have been able to herd a greater out of destard.

In trammel I've never been able to herd out of a dungeon. I probably started my herder in 2005/2006.

Not sure on the Fel ruleset.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

You shouldn't have been able to herd a greater out of destard.

In trammel I've never been able to herd out of a dungeon. I probably started my herder in 2005/2006.

Not sure on the Fel ruleset.

Yeah, I've never been able to herd them out of dungeons on Pacific. I wonder if it was a Lake Superior glitch which got cleaned up with one of the newer publishes.... It would be awesome if you could, however! So you could herd them through moongates too?

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
I've played on LS since 2002.

No bugs I know of.

Eslake

Eslake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I began using it for that purpose when the GD was a Single spawn at server up in Destard, and for as long after as I had herding (a little over a year)