Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Imbuing My First Suit...Help???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
So I'm about to start my first suit building. I'm trying to make all 70's and have read if I burn through some barbed kits I might be able to get 70's (including my folded steel 20/10/10/10/10 glasses). My question is...a barbed kit is typically gona produce decent resists with 2 or 3 mods already on it. How do I get the resists I need then imbue over the already made mod's? Or do I have to get pieces of armor from the barbed kit that don't have any mods...just high resists?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

So I'm about to start my first suit building. I'm trying to make all 70's and have read if I burn through some barbed kits I might be able to get 70's (including my folded steel 20/10/10/10/10 glasses). My question is...a barbed kit is typically gona produce decent resists with 2 or 3 mods already on it. How do I get the resists I need then imbue over the already made mod's? Or do I have to get pieces of armor from the barbed kit that don't have any mods...just high resists?

you have to keep in mind that a higher resist means that the armor made from the runic kit popped with it as a mod. for example if you have a pair of sleeves with abnormally high cold resist, that probably means that an imbuing slot was used. This is common with loot found on monsters that people want to imbue further as well. You are better off starting from scratch and imbuing from there. What you can do instead of using a barbed kit is use barbed leather. Exceptionally made armor will have higher base resists than normally crafted ones. Plus you will get the added bonus from the barbed leather. from there you can put whatever mods you want and youll have good solid base resists to work with. What you should do from here is make a few of each piece and pick and choose from the lot to find pieces with nice high base resists. Don't imbue that one. Imbue the ones that are lower so you get more total resists on the piece. I use an excel program that I built for suit building to make sure that I have what i need as far as resists and so that I can balance everything to make sure i can get some other mods like lower mana cost and stat increases and such. I will send it to you. You may notice that some of the pages are different and thats because i tried to compensate for spell debuffs and stuff like that. For example where you will see the sampire suits, there is a formula in the box for fire resist that says i need to go up to 95 resist. This is because being in vampiric embrace form lowers your fire resist by 25% and you have to compensate for it when building the proper suit. Just make sure you check the boxes for formulas. When you are building the suit and entering the numbers, just plug the numbers in on the big table and the final values will pop out at the bottom. I'm not sure if the suit builder template page has the correct formula for final stats but you should also consider that when building your suit. If you choose to use potions then you may wish to have enhance potions on your jewels and then make it so that you hit the peak values for hit point, stamina or mana depending on your char temp. Have fun and mess around with it. Make sure to look into some of the game mechanics on uoguide so you can see how everything works and get the most out of your suit. I love suit building. I have made many a suit and have even made a name for myself on my shard by crafting peices and full suits for other chars. If you need any more in depth explainations on anything in particular I'd be glad to give you my input. The excel sheet will make things so much easier for you but there are still some things about playstyle and game mechanincs that it wont answer for you. please ask away. I am really into this right now especially. I am currently still crafting suits for my characters and have it all fresh in my head. good luck and let me know what you come up with. I'd be happy to give more advice before you actually go through with anything as well to try to help you get the most from your suits. wow, i feel like i was rambling there. ill stop talking now LOL! sorry for the wall of text.

Attached Files

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
alright i just checked again to make sure.

on the builder temp page, youll have to add 20 to the formula that gives mana if your an elf. youll see as well that the energy resist cap is at 75, also for the elf race. You can change that number according to what type of char you use. the formula for mana should be, (char stat int + mana increase)+20. this is for elves. otherwise its not +20. You have to manually enter you char stats in the boxes provided. It will then take into account and stat bonuses if you entered them in the table and any stat increases from the table as well.

another thing you will find helpful is knowing what the item property caps are for each item property. For example here are just a few:

lower mana cost - 40%
lower regent - 100%
faster casting - 2 for magery, necro, mysticism and 4 for ninjitsu, bushido, chivalry and spellweaving
faster cast recovery - 6 for all
hit chance increase - 45%
defense chance increase - 45% (both can go over to compensate for using divine fury or in case your hit with hit lower defense or hit lower attack by another player
damage increase - 100% includes weapons and armor
swing speed increase - 60%
enhance potions - 50%

the soft cap for any individual stat is 125, bonuses to raw stats can be raised to 150, this includes the use of potions. and as for your final stat as far as hit points stamina and mana, only hit points is capped at 25. If you have 150 str and +25 hit point increase, then youll have 150 hit points. stamina and mana have no cap.

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Consider to make a 70/85/70/85/70 suit. As there are some spells (Corpse skin: -15 Fire/Poison) which will lower (temporarily) your resists.
Corpse Skin - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
[quote name='McNuge'] What you should do from here is make a few of each piece and pick and choose from the lot to find pieces with nice high base resists. Don't imbue that one. Imbue the ones that are lower so you get more total resists on the piece. [\QUOTE]

what do u mean by this? if i make several pieces of each armor slot and find 5 pieces that have the resists i need for a suit...wouldn't i imbue those? imbuing is only adding 1 particular mod at a time correct...? not adding MR and getting better resists all in 1 mod

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
[quote name='Elie'][quote name='McNuge'] What you should do from here is make a few of each piece and pick and choose from the lot to find pieces with nice high base resists. Don't imbue that one. Imbue the ones that are lower so you get more total resists on the piece. [\QUOTE]

what do u mean by this? if i make several pieces of each armor slot and find 5 pieces that have the resists i need for a suit...wouldn't i imbue those? imbuing is only adding 1 particular mod at a time correct...? not adding MR and getting better resists all in 1 mod[/quote]

You are correct. Sorry I worded it kinda loosely. What I mean is if you have pretty good resists all around except for 1 like say physical resist is at 5 or 6 and everything else is at like 9 or 12 or something, then you imbue physical resist on that piece because you've got alright resist on the other ones. You may actually have to imbue 2 of each resist on each piece anyway to get to 70s, but I just try to save room where I can to get more mods on there like MR after the resists are taken care of. It can take a log time to find the right pieces to actually fit together like that, It's meant to be a suggestion and something to look for as you build more and more suits. I saved up some pieces over time and sifted through them and made a suit with 70s resists and had lots of left over room to play with because I mixed and matched high resists and imbued the low ones up. I hope that makes more sense. Did you find the suit builder to be of any help?

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
i was able to check it out but i dont have the application to run it so ima have to go buy an excel product code to actually interact with it. i just had a suit made for one of my guys and saw how badass it was and wanted to make that for myself but the guy made it look so easy...all 70's with 5 mods on each piece. now i c he put a good bit of effort into getting the right resists and probly had a bunch of pieces made that he had built several 70's suits and just had on standby for someone like me who needed it

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Use openoffice (OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite) or libre office (Home ยป LibreOffice). Libre office is a fork of openoffice. Both are open source office suits and free to download and use. They can "read" microsoft office files like .doc or .xls. No need to buy microsoft office office suit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
nice, that is cool. Yeah there are people on my shard too that all they do is make really nice low cost suits, great for entry level and average players. (not saying you are one). it does take a while to get a set of armor that finally fits up nice together like that, and by the time you've got all the pieces you could probably build a few more suits out of the pieces youve got laying around.

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
ya i played on legends for the past 4 yrs and just recently xfered to cats. i remember seein all ur different mcnuges running around. heres a random question pertaining to imbuing...do you get ur own ingreds or do u buy? i tried buying but it gets real expensive real quick. i just upgraded to SA a couple weeks ago so i havent had time to unravel the dungeons...but i looked up entrance to the SA dungeon and i dont even understand it...

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I can agree that sometimes the wording on the guides to do things aren't totally understandable. But the tomb of kings entrance is actually quite easy. get to the shrine of singularity and chant the word unorus. then use the page at uoguide.com to answer the series of questions that come after. That's it. youre in. After that just go down to the tomb of kings and on the left side flame say ord and on the right side flame say anord. then you can pass the electric gate there and you just go forward to a red moongate which then takes you right into the abyss.

Depending on what temp you use to hunt down there the mini champs champions themselves can sometimes be tough, but I find that a few of the 3rd level spawns are actually tougher, especially the renowned wyvern level 3 spawn, theyre called servants of the forgotten and are tough as heck. You may want to just hunt the first level or two of each mini champ and then bounce to the next one so that you can keep your collecting a little easier and quicker. refer to the mini champ page at uoguide for a little map that shows where the certain essences are and look in the guides of each one to find the other ingredients. some are in underworld as well. once youve gotten access to the abyss you can enter underworld freely as well.

Happy hunting.