Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Bleed-Walker

15 replies to this topic

KaiN-

KaiN-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Does anyone know the bleed-walker template?
I can't figure out if it's 120 throw/120 swords with hide/stealth/ninja or if i keep the hide/stealth/ninja off and use resists and healing instead.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The best one I could find:
120 Swords
120 Throwing
120 Magic Resist
90 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
80 ninjitsu

Sword of shattered hopes and do focus attack to proc the bleed/forcewalk.

Switch to Soul Glaive for AI/Mortal.

The ninjitsu is for images, focus attack, and animal form, and also to get to 300 skill points for the mana discount on specials.

I never got around to building it myself, so my experience with it is only second-hand. But my sources tell me it's great.
  • KaiN- likes this
Posted Image

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
It's basically cheating in 1v1 PvP. Whoever procs the shattered weapon mod first wins. I refuse to step foot in Felucca now because of this template + weapon combination with Ninjitsu and Stealth on the table.

@OP, Farsight's template is best for open PvP. Swap Hiding and Stealth in place of Healing and Anatomy if you want to do a more assassiny type of character. Keep in mind this taking out Anatomy will reduce your overall damage, but the benefit of getting the first hit in a fight from Stealth is pretty huge with a 20% splintering weapon proc rate.
  • KaiN- likes this

KaiN-

KaiN-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Good look bro. Btw i only have a 705 cap atm so ima have to tweak 15 on a jewl :(

Maximilliean

Maximilliean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

What is forcewalk? When I looked up the sword it said splintering weapon 20%. What does that do?

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

What is forcewalk? When I looked up the sword it said splintering weapon 20%. What does that do?

The Splintering Weapon has two effects. First, it causes a damage over time effect similar to Bleed, but it stacks with Bleed. Second, it forces the affected character to walk around aimlessly for a few seconds, sort of like the confused or dazed status in other RPGs. Unlike some other RPGs, however, this effect does not break on hit and can actually proc again before the first proc has worn off. (Successive procs don't stack. They just renew the timer on the effect.)

Maximilliean

Maximilliean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
oh..OH wow. That would suck to be on the receiving end.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
My word. That's...brilliant. Might even be enough for me to step foot in Fel against all the script PvPers who drove me out a decade ago!

Thanks for sharing this!

~M

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Swords 120
Throwing 120
Resist 120
Tacs 90
Hide 100
Stealth 80
Ninja 90

All or nothing....your seein grey or I am!!!
I choose........YOU!!!=)

Cobbobles

Cobbobles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just returned after about six or seven years hiatus. I was looking to use ninjitsu in a pvp template and stumbled across this. Seeing as I am vastly inexperienced with the new stuff in game, could someone go a little more into detail about how this template tends to work and what kind of stats I should aim for? I was mostly curious about the need for 120 throwing...would you be spending much time with a throwing weapon other than to use the specials? Do I need to be a gargoyle? What methods are used to heal, if any? I was currently going for something along the lines of...

120 Bushido
120 Ninjitsu
100 hiding
80 stealth
120 swords
100 tactics
60 chiv

The general idea would be to use nerve strike/deathstrike out of stealth and mirror image/smoke bomb out of trouble...I haven't been able to test it in pvp yet as I just started...but it seems to be able to keep itself alive well enough when taking damage...I just don't want to spend a lot of time building up something if there is a much better option out there. Any details are appreciated as I am still confused about all the new changes over the years.

Cosmixkey

Cosmixkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
what i can tell you from my experience up to know is throwing weapons deal massive damage. armor ignore is a beast spec, but with the 35 damage cap, i dont know if it would be usefull. what i think is you make your opponent "bleedwalk" and then just throw at him whatever you get under you hands (a soul glaive :P)

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I don't quite understand why everybody is using it with ninjitsu. Just for the little hci bonus on the first attack? Why not going in with bleed + splintering, then switching to a soul glaive for an AI or two, then a mortal and then the opponent should already be close to death.

But I do not own a splintering weapon, so I don't have any experience.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Kimi

Kimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

I don't quite understand why everybody is using it with ninjitsu.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Oh, so it is only triggered by focus attack?!?

What a weird, specialized property...

Cobbobles

Cobbobles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Focus attack deals increased damage but also increases the percentage chance that "hit" properties trigger. So in other words...it increases the chance that splintering weapon triggers.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Ah! Right! I forgot about that little detail with focus attack, thanks.

Reply to this topic