My rewards came through today. I was considering claiming a "Grey Cloak". It suits my char both in look and RP, but it carries 3% physical res. Didn't know if this would be a problem. If so, I'll leave it and claim somethnig else.

Cheers!

So does a cloak with 3% count as magical properties? Its just another piece of armour I guess, slightly protective like a normal cloak would be. I don;t really mind either way, as I'm an archer, its nice to wear a quiver, which wouldnt be possible with a cloak. Then again, quivers have 10% damage increase, which is why i see a lot of melee character wearing them anyway..

HMM!?

So does a cloak with 3% count as magical properties? Its just another piece of armour I guess, slightly protective like a normal cloak would be. I don;t really mind either way, as I'm an archer, its nice to wear a quiver, which wouldnt be possible with a cloak. Then again, quivers have 10% damage increase, which is why i see a lot of melee character wearing them anyway..

HMM!?

To be fair, non-magical cloaks aren't protective in any way. I guess one could be if it were made of chain, but that would severely hamper agility and balance.

On the other hand, the magical property of +3% physical resist is kind of a stupid thing to complain about. This is exactly the kind of magical property you see in all sorts of fantasy settings on lesser equipment. An equivalent might be a +1 property on a leather armor piece in a D&D campaign. Actually +1 would be way more powerful, and that property is extremely common in every D&D campaign setting I know. The magic of an item like this could easily be worked into an RP story without upsetting the balance of your character's power, IMO.

But Shali and Anira are right. Rules are rules. Personally I don't understand how one can distinguish between magical properties like the property on this cloak and non-magical properties like regular resistances on armor and damage modifiers on quivers. Really, how does a quiver affect the damage you do? And how can a tricorn hat made of cloth protect me from fire? There's a lot of gray area in there.

Heh, I honestly don't care about that. I don't think the RoE does have a rule "against" those cloaks.

On the other hand, I personally find those cloaks totally useless in any way.

:lol: Most of the stuff used in RP is worthless. That's kind of the point, isn't it? Hurray for being a normal person with normal stuff?

The quiver doesnt add Damage Increase to melee weapons, just as the elemental type the quiver does damage for doesnt overwrite the elemental damage of the melee weapon...only archer weapons.

And why not just wear a reward cloth(from tailoring bods) grey cloak? It looks exactly the same as the veteran reward cloak, only the name is different.

I doubt 3 PR is going to worry anyone really, how ever you don't see them often amongst RPers because they are a grey area. It's opening up the doors to artefacts and modded items - 'this only has extra PR' or 'this just has...'

Considering you can get the same effect by either dying (with the new dyes) or using bod cloth, which is pretty cheap, I just don't see the need nor the point and for the sake of argument would probably vote against them.

Well only advice I can give you, Edgar, is drop the idea of the cloak, because there will always be someone whining and youre better off without that kind of hassle. Specially if as you said;

I don;t really mind either way

Save yourself the hassle:)