Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Imbuing Help???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
I've recently taken on the challenge of imbuing and already hitting problems. I know prices for everything has gone up so me paying 250k for 10k of iron ingots is the best I can do. But between iron ingots, gems, and magical residue I've spent over 1mil just to get from 50-70. Now that I'm around 70 i cant pull a gain off the jingasa to save my life. I tried upping the intensity like uoguide.com says... but all I did was waste materials. I heard someone say once they went from 50 to 120 on 1mil and I know this skill ain't been out that long...am I doing something wrong??

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
okay here you go from your current level:

make daggers
imbue them with hit dispel at the following levels:

70-72 skill hit dispel 18%
72-74 20%
74-76 22%
76-78 24%
78-80 28%

at around 80 or so ytou can continue with daggers until around 84 skill

80-81 skill 32% hit dispel
82 34%
82-83 36%
83-84 38%

or you can switch to plate jingasa (it a helmet) at 80 skill as follows:

80-82 skill 4% reflect physical damage
82-84 6%
84-86 8%
86-88 9%
88-90 10%

90-92 10% RPD, Lower reagent cost
93-94 11% RPD, LRC
94-95 12% RPD, LRC
95-98 13% RPD, LRC
98-100 13% RPD, 2 LRC
100-102 13% RPD, 3LRC
102-104 SAME, 5 LRC
104-105 SAME, 7 LRC
105-106 SAME, 8 LRC
106-107 SAME, 9 LRC
107-108 SAME, 10 LRC
108-109 SAME, 11 LRC
109-112 13% RPD, 11 LRC, 1 LUCK
112-113.5 SAME, SAME, 10 LUCK
113.5-115 SAME, SAME, 19 LUCK
115-118 SAME, 18% LRC, 1 LUCK
118-120 SAME, SAME, 10 LUCK

worked for me and it was not that fast but I also did not burn too much resources to get there.

Also, if you are using 2D client and you have UOAssist, you can record a macro of your imbuing attempts and then if you have s soulforge in your house keep recording marco and back items back down into essence.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
That iron price is pretty high, I charge 8gp per iron on Napa Valley (and even that has a hard time selling). There's gotta be someone on Legends that will sell for less, or do a trade?

Residue shouldn't be costing you much if you hunt monsters and unravel a bunch of bags. Also if you have bowcrafting, you can craft bows out of special woods and unravel those (might even be cheaper than buying the residue?).

And for gems, well, yea. That's a pain in the butt. If you ever go out and do mining though, you can buy a book for 10k from the NPC blacksmith in Ter Mur that allows you a chance to get common gems as you mine as well. Otherwise I'd try buying gems in Ter Mur or Jhelom, they're usually the cheapest.
:icon_king:

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
if you have the gold to buy gems here is UO best "kept" secret buy your gems in ilshenar (Third Dawn land) from the wandering gypses camps. Why you ask? Well unless they change it (it possible I have not bought gems in a long time) everytime the camp moves the gem prices reset to their base prices. so you can buy up several thousand. then when the camp moves later in the day go back and pay the same low rates as before.

If you use the outline I gave you before you just need to buy citrine and amber.

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

if you have the gold to buy gems here is UO best "kept" secret buy your gems in ilshenar (Third Dawn land) from the wandering gypses camps. Why you ask? Well unless they change it (it possible I have not bought gems in a long time) everytime the camp moves the gem prices reset to their base prices. so you can buy up several thousand. then when the camp moves later in the day go back and pay the same low rates as before.

If you use the outline I gave you before you just need to buy citrine and amber.

An even better kept secret is that there are two permanent camps in the desert east of Compassion. There are three vagabonds between the two outposts selling a total of 1,500 of each gem. But if you come to my server and buy my gems, Ima slap you. :P

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
so these npc vendors in gypsy camps and in the desert sell gems for cheaper than if i were buying them from the npc in luna?

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

so these npc vendors in gypsy camps and in the desert sell gems for cheaper than if i were buying them from the npc in luna?

:pirate: you've been gettin' robbed if that's where you've been buying! probably the most expensive vendors on every shard right there in luna, get the $&*# outta dodge so to speak! lol

yes, they'll be a lot a lot cheaper :D

in fact, if you want to make some of your money back, you can buy up the gems on the cheap vendors and sell to those NPCs in luna... :devil:

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Yessir. What do you pay for diamonds?

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

An even better kept secret is that there are two permanent camps in the desert east of Compassion. There are three vagabonds between the two outposts selling a total of 1,500 of each gem. But if you come to my server and buy my gems, Ima slap you. :P

Yes I did not mention the 2 permanent camps because if you are running your mule crafter out there to purchase, it is a little more dangerous. Plus I do not recall if the permanent camps reset (only at server up, if then) while the moving camps do reset everytime they move.

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Yes I did not mention the 2 permanent camps because if you are running your mule crafter out there to purchase, it is a little more dangerous. Plus I do not recall if the permanent camps reset (only at server up, if then) while the moving camps do reset everytime they move.

They reset. I don't know how often exactly, but I've done it as many as three times in one server cycle. But 1,500 gems (heck, even 500) is enough to last you at least a day. I just like to buy in bulk. :D

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
-_- i've been paying whatever that gem npc vendor in Luna charges... i assumed that was the standard regular price for those basic imbuing gems just like how reagent prices are standard on all npc reagent sellers in all of sosaria..

oh well.. i learned another new thing today!

can we just use those bags of sending to send piles of gems back to our bankboxes once we buy them from those cheaper npcs? or can we bring a commodity box with us and deed the gems somehow?

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

-_- i've been paying whatever that gem npc vendor in Luna charges... i assumed that was the standard regular price for those basic imbuing gems just like how reagent prices are standard on all npc reagent sellers in all of sosaria..

can we just use those bags of sending to send piles of gems back to our bankboxes once we buy them from those cheaper npcs? or can we bring a commodity box with us and deed the gems somehow?

Take a beetle. Commodity deed boxes only worked when secured in a house. You could use a bag of sending, but it's also just as easy to take a bug and recall back to a bank or your house.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Why risk a community deed box? If you die in ilshenar, I have noticed over the years that monsters there like to loot your body. There are bankers at the moving camps. I just buy what I want standing next to the banker with my bank box open (as long as you do not move, the bank box will stay open) then I just drop gems into the bank, buy until I am done. Run back to a safer place (IE Zento bank for me) and deed up there at my leisure, with no worries about dying to a monster or a thief.

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Why risk a community deed box? If you die in ilshenar, I have noticed over the years that monsters there like to loot your body. There are bankers at the moving camps. I just buy what I want standing next to the banker with my bank box open (as long as you do not move, the bank box will stay open) then I just drop gems into the bank, buy until I am done. Run back to a safer place (IE Zento bank for me) and deed up there at my leisure, with no worries about dying to a monster or a thief.

Most brilliant idea evaar, keeping it simples for the stupids (me)! And for those who don't have a commodity deed box, you can always use the hold of a ship (if you have the high seas), as it works the same! You just have to get creative with getting piles on and off the boat (hint, works the same way as cutting an entire stack of 60k logs into boards in one key)... and have a house along the shore... XD

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Hey tayo,

what is the trick to cutting 60k logs into boards in one key? Been playing for years and have 900K logs just sitting around to be made into boards. Help me out!

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Oohhh buddy, you gun' lub me for this one... set up a macro to do the following:

1) Use last
2) Wait for target
3) Last target

Before you play the macro, double click your axe, and then target the 60,000 stack of logs in your bank/house/wherever. Now pick up the stack (floating on the cursor, as if you're about to drag and drop it), and while it's floating, hit the macro. Technically since it's "in" your backpack, it's a legal chop. Same can be done for any stackable that requires a lot of chopping.

So the trick for the boat would be to have the hold open, double click the mooring line, then double click again to get back on the boat, now drag a huge over weight stack or chest, and hit "last object" macro... boom! You're now on shore with a huge chest on your cursor to drop on the ground.

:D

Edit: I should mention that I of course was not the founder of this trick, but will be forever in debt... whoever it was.

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
i made it to 85 using the first reply method. using UOA and the jingasa at 8% it works for maybe 5 attempts succeeding every time then messes up somehow. the imbuing menu comes back up and it doesnt repeat itself. then the macro halts and wont do anything. if i right click the imbue menu to get rid of it...the macro will start again but will only go another 2 or 3 before doing it all over again. i also made it through an entire bag of jingasa's with only a .1 gain. did i mess the formula up or something??

Eslake

Eslake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
UOA can really ease the workload, but helps most if you aren't especially picky about getting 20 imbues on each work item.

eg: Say you're between 60 and 72. You want to be using GM Arms Lore exceptional Butcher Knives, imbuing them with varying ranges of Hit Dispel.

So make about 40 or 50 and put them in a bag.

Now, imbue any one of them 1 time with the value of Hit Dispel you're working at.

Now with the Main Imbue menu open, start recording a macro in UOA.

Imbue Last Property
Target one a butcher knife.
- continue until you have Tried to imbue each knife 1 time. (whether the imbue is a failure or not)

When all of them have been attempted once, stop recording.

Now, you can use 1 key to attempt 40, 50, 80 imbues at a time. And when you are ready for higher Hit Dispel values.. just imbue 1 of them 1 time, and the macro will use that new value.

After you run it about 30 times, you'll start having knives that have had 20 imbues (reduced skill gains) so unravel the whole bag.

Elie

Elie

Cpl, USMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
so i used the method first mentioned in this post until about 85 and it worked great up to that point. i was able to use UOA and just sit around making sure everything went smoothly. After 85 i was having problems with it and whatever else and found a different template which was absolutely amazing and got me to 117 in 3 days. after i sat around for a couple hours not gaining anything i came back to the first mentioned post and used their template again. only tweak i made was moving the 10 luck to 60+. the 10 didnt really work for me because it always succeeded. i kept my success rate around 38-42 and i never went more than 5 jingasa's without a gain.

so for the total count...i went from 50 imbuing to 120 imbuing in 4 days. i spent just over 10mil on the entire set up. 3mil for the scroll (fragments)...approximately 30k magical residue and approximately 6mil on gems.

yes it seems like a lot...but instead of using prior methods of succeeding all the time and having slow gains...i failed a lot and gained on practically every success. so the typical 2-3 months to get imbuing has been officially blown out the water (i only spent like 3 hours each night on the skill)-12 hours total to go from 50-120