Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Why Do We "Pk"?

- - - - - pk

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Hey, its what I'm here for. I gotta earn that paycheck somehow.... Oh wait.... Adam, wheres my check??????

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
*Wants another column adding to poll, to kill the people that are killing the people that are killing the monsters to get the books of truth*

Confused yet???

Lol

Only joking

I already got the redeemer and another 30 books, and I haven't actively gone looking for the books. I get 3-4 everytime i do despise spawn. So in the last week I've done maybe 15 Dsp's. Gotta love chaining Despise.............. your all welcome to come and raid Despise, if you have the balls!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Guildmaster of ATD, Defender of Paxlair!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
I was oince in a red guild, we were a small close group. It was the thrill of the hunt that made it fun, we didnt do it for gold, scrolls (though thats always a plus) we did it for fun, we showed people respect and they showed us respect, some of them anyway.

I'm not really sure how that guild is doing these days, I have often thought of building another pk to join again but if pvp is as bad as people say then im not ready to listen to all the he said/she said, you are a cheater, my pixel penis is bigger then yours crap. I'd rather sit in my tavern and role play.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Added in new category:

To kill the people that are killing the people that are killing the monsters to get the books of truth

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
heh...

Pk's killing pk's? There really is no honor these days
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I Pk to pick up ladies! :grin:

ROFL

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well in all honesty, there is no honor among PKers. Now pvpers, yes. But PKers are your bottom feeders....

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I guess I classify more as a PvPer because I don't often hunt blues. I usually end up killing them in battles when they're healing their red pals.

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

there is no honor among PKers

So I have no honor? Because I chose to play a certian style? But I guess things could have changed alot since I used to do it, just another notch on the item whores who have destroyed this game belt if you ask me.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
There is a difference between PvPers and PKers. PKers kill helpless non-combatants and the like, PvPers take part in good battles, duels, fights among other PvPers. Whichever style you choose to play, that is up to you. I have no right to ever tell people how to play their game. I was just pointing out how it is.

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I do it because i was bullied throughout childhood

ROFL

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I only kill to protect my ore and leather so I can make goods for the people who like to kill for fun ( or sell them goods at high prices) :)
Posted Image

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I am with alot of folks here. T2A "PK's" left a bad taste in my mouth, after getting killed in my first five minutes of creating a character, and continually after that. It wasn't until the Trammel split that I actually got to do something without getting killed by another player.

PK to me means that I am fighting a monster, get down to 25% life, and someone comes along and Corp Por's me. Not very fond of PK's, and never do it myself. Something about how cowardly they must be to have to wait until I am low on health, and distracted, to kill me. Just so they can loot my GM iron armor and the 1k gold it took me 2 hours to get. In this sense, I would NEVER PK.

Not that I have not met NICE reds, just the majority of them were cowardly punks who cared not a whit that they were chasing away paying subscribers, thereby causing UO to decline. (ack, rant!)

PvP has the air of a consensual contest. Like if you are in Felluca, you consent to the fact that you will get ganked. Don't mind this, you assume a risk when you go there, and if you get killed, you need to get more skilled. In this sense, I PvP(ed) to get scrolls, defend my miner, and kill cowards.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
i couldnt be arsed to read the 4 pages but...

What is pk these days anyhow? its just like orange v orange... but its blue and red.

When I did pk i did it for the kick of it and to piss people off... (being honest now) I was in the most hated guild of EU and most respected for our pvp skills aswell when on blue/oranges. 140wars +. Then pking needed a bit of planning since no one wanted to take statloss.. and no you dont macro off that many kills we had.

But as i said.. My reason to pk was to make people frustrated and I had a laugh of it. Guess i was young and dumb as many of the pks these days are.
Good memories tho ;)

Posted Image

Guest_Lusty Bar Wench_*

Guest_Lusty Bar Wench_*
  • Guests
i pk for fun, i stink at it but its all about having fun

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

i pk for fun, i stink at it but its all about having fun

That is a good attitude to have :grin:
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Congrats on your first post Lusty Bar Wench. Hope to hear more from you. Glad you enjoy the game :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pk