Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Why Do We "Pk"?

- - - - - pk

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I had someone tell me we "pk" for respect. Personally I "pk" for scrolls and insurance and crafters get pk'd because it drives me crazy to hear that digging or lumberjack sound outside my Felucca Home. I consider all of Felucca my home as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Toad

Toad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
When ever i do which is a rare thing its normaly because its fun. Like messing with script miners.... managed to kill one with a fire bettle and pickaxe.

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
I only pk when it's necessary for me to rescue Maddux and DiP. :)

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts

I only pk when it's necessary for me to rescue Maddux and DiP. :)

Which is probably several times a day :P .

Vepl

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Hmmm, question is, do you mean offensive PKing or defensive?

I've never, in 9 years attacked another player that didn't attack me first.
I only PK if I'm attacked first, then again I usually lose anyway :laugh:

So I'll pass on the poll.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Samhain

Samhain

The Noble Paladin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
I also pass on the poll per the post by Silverfoot.

I have also never attacked someone first. If attacked I am prepared to defend myself, but as a rule I would fight side by side anyone, including reds, before attacking them.

No reason, just no desire I suppose. I do enjoy the combat because it is of course unpredictable and not automatically controlled like PvM. Live and let live, I an not offended by attackers, and respect everyones righ to PK or not to PK. If I didn't want to be attacked, I would'nt go to Fel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.
One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction.
Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
I don't pk either. I'm on dial up lol, but if I did, it would probably be for fun =)

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I am using the loose term of "player killing" because I thought PvP would have been interpreted as People versus Player. I should have added another category of For Defense only, but do to limitations in my privilages, I am unable to add to the poll. If its for defense only, please just add a reply. Its only an informative poll just to satisfy my curiosity. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Id add to the defense category, but Im usually more of a PDer (player dier)

Posted Image

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
I hope more folks stop by and speak to it, very interesting question.
Actually it's a poll I'd love to see duplicated over on Stratics, just to see if the poll reflects a difference in each forums members.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
*chop chop chop*

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
i pk for fun mostly...sometimes for scrolls or gold.
Mostly tho if/when I pk its because I see someone whom I don't like for whatever reason...or is in an enemy guild, and happens to be blue...
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I dont see the reason I pvp up there. The reason I pvp is because pvm is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring and mundane to me. I like the excitement that my next attacker has a mind of its own. Not knowing what they will do next, or what they are capable of. That to me is excitement.

Not predictable, easy to kill, mindless monsters....

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
If you don't count defense it would be for justice .

Vepl

Arjuna

Arjuna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I'd have voted except I didn't see an option for revenge or for protecting people (the two main reasons I kill people unconsensually).
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
When I participated in this type of behavior looooong ago, I did it for the hell of it. There was no other real motivation. I would get bored, take my dread lord out, and lay grief around the land. Killed everything in sight, didn't matter who you were, or what you were doing, you died. The only way you were saved is if you were already killed by us, or if somoene knew you. Otherwise you were killed. Sometimes I would loot you(only if you had something I wanted), other times I'd just leave whatever you had and moved on. However, my sole motivation at the time, was to lay chaos on the land. Then that too, got boring, and I moved on, lol.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I PK because its my passage with my guild. I used to be with a spawn guild, and got PK'd all the time. Now I'm with a raiding guild. Its easier to raid than it is to defend. 3 raiders can take out a party of 8-10 spawners, simply because of character setup and the fact that they have to defend 2 things. They are defending themselves and the spawn, we just defend ourselves. However I do remember getting raided once, we all left, ressed up and went back. 4 of us in the star room, 4 at hoppers bog. We got 11 out of the 12 scrolls back off the guild. We ate them on capture to prevent them being reposessed. Think it annoyed them a lot. But as a whole, PvM is repetative. PvP is fun. They have brains, makes them unpredictable. I love going through Fel with 2 other guys simply cleaning up. Paralyze house hiders and kill 'em. Cos we hate them. our guild has banned gate houses. :) The insurance you get off a Dexxer is cool..............:grin:

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I would try to be a PK but I have no house in Fel. Is there such a thing as a PK blue? I may fall in that category or what other people mentioned about defending themselves.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
pking is just fun

uo for me is almost like a fps...the thrill of the kill is simply much more fun and less boring than hunting monsters.
Posted Image

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
should have been a chose for lessoning to people say how newbish we are once they are dead :P

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pk