Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Crack down on avoiding paying vendor fees? ...

- - - - - avoiding crack fees paying vendor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Finally, they are addressing this long standing vendor problem!!!
----------

From Stratics - UOHall - Post by Rosaline

As some of you may know, there are certain means to avoid having to pay vendor fees.

This is seriously effecting those honest shopkeeps who do not engauge in such cheating actions, as the honest vendor continues to pay out large quantities of gold to support their vendors whilst the cheater gains pure profit.

Searching on the knowledge base about this issue, I found this knowledge base answer:

The correct action to take if you learn of a way to take advantage of any aspect of UO in an unintended manner is to report the issue to our QA team in a bug report. Specifically regarding abusing your vendors and what will occur as a result, this post made on Sept 9th, 2004 covers the Game Master policy. Based on a September 9th post made by GM Platinum, the following policy is in place:

Players who attempt to bypass the rental costs associated with vendors, or who are using vendors for extra storage in a way not originally intended by the designers, may be found in violation of the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct.

In an effort to provide a fair and enjoyable gaming experience, any vendor confirmed by a Game Master to be in violation may be destroyed along with its contents. In addition, any accounts associated with these vendors may be actioned accordingly.

Looking at the UO RoC, it's quite clear that attempting to avoid paying the vendor fee should be an actionable offence:

19. You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online Service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online Service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online Web Site at http://www.uo.com/mailBug.html.

24. You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Electronic Arts in maintaining the Ultima Online Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

I know of one shopkeeper who is getting quite upset over the continuing cheating used by some less legitamate shopkeepers.

Can we please know for certain that such issues will be delt with?

Due to the less clear-cut nature of this problem, I am not confident that a simple in-game page will result in action being taken, as any GM would want to observe the item swap occuring.

Hopefully it is not just myself and my friends who are quite annoyed and upset over this.

Response by Jeremy_EAMythic

As I said here, if you have details, send everything you can to me in a PM, and I'll make sure it gets looked into.
-------------------------------------------------------------
E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic
www.uo.com

Now is our chance to hopefully see an end to this long time flaw in the merchant system!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Mercedes

Mercedes

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,193 posts
Jeremy, I wish i knew you when I had my issue. I had an exploit happen to me at luna bank this summer. I was doing some banking and a char who pretended to be an newbie asked for some help so I took the time to help him. He then asked me nicely to hold a bag and yes I did and yes I know better since I'm not new to game. And low and behold my crimson fell and he got it. I had all his info and the bag full of his stuff all labelled and a book he wrote in etc etc. I had a friend who knew how to check on the site to see how many char's have the same name as him and there was only one. I immediately contacted a gm and of course I got a msg to go to a site. I was tossed from area to area and finally wrote a huge long letter explaining what happened and no one responded and so I kept forwarding it and finally they answered and said there is nothing they can do. When you catch the person and he is still on your screen and still have the log and do all the leg work and have all the evidence and then they tell you oh well. That is not right, I expected them to at least look into this. I wish I knew you then so that you could of promptly taken care of it for me. I was very upset since I have no luck with help catching him or getting my crimson back. He did this a few times at luna since others were also talking about it and a personal good friend had it happen in glow. It's not the point of the crimson it's the point they didn't do anything or care.

Finally, they are addressing this long standing vendor problem!!!
----------

From Stratics - UOHall - Post by Rosaline

Response by Jeremy_EAMythic

Now is our chance to hopefully see an end to this long time flaw in the merchant system!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: avoiding, crack, fees, paying, vendor