Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

T-Hunter

- - - - - thunter

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Thinking about starting a T-hunter but i would buy the advance char for sure b/c i am not working lockpicking and cart from 30 something.

Thinking about having a template like this:
100 lock
100 cart
115 magery
100 peace
110 music
110 prov
85 med

Thinking I want to be able to solo the spawn so I think prov would help greatly and cast ev's to help kill mobs faster and have peace just for area peace, maybe I can lower peace and increase prov but I think 110 is enuff to provo anything that spawns...if there are any t-hunters out there let me know what u think.....thx
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
If you really want to do it solo. Drop peace for discord. The benefits of discord far out weigh the little time peacing will give you. Also scroll the music skills as high as you can. Use items to help you reach your cap. Nothing sweeter then to provo two AW's onto each other.

Vepl

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
AW stands for..........
Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Ancient Wyrms

Have fun with your T-hunter. :)

Sir_Ignatz

Sir_Ignatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

If you really want to do it solo. Drop peace for discord. The benefits of discord far out weigh the little time peacing will give you. Also scroll the music skills as high as you can. Use items to help you reach your cap. Nothing sweeter then to provo two AW's onto each other.

Vepl

I agree with Vepl completely. I have a Bard/Mage/t-hunter I'm working on building up and I'm setup like yours, but with provocation, as Vepl said. Prov is really, really good to have.

I'm still a low level hunter , so I'm using a 100% LRC suit to help grind the Magery up, afterwards, I'll put together a nice resist suit with some arcane stuff.

What's wrong with locking/picking hundreds and thousands of boxes to get your lockpicking skill up?? :laugh:

Enjoy the hunt, it's a lot of fun.
'Me fail English? That's unpossible.' - Ralph Wiggum

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I'd try to take Music and Provo to atleast 115.

As for grinding out Lockpicking and Carto, it really isn't that hard to do nowadays.

Both can be done while discorded.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Dip, how did you (or where did you) grind out lock and cart?
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Inside the Twisted Weald (must have positive Karma)

Attack a Satyre, have it discord you, then either hide/invis/run out and quickly run back in so it is no longer aggro towards you, then stay near the satyre (easiest if lured near the entrance/exit or sparkles as some call it).

For lockpicking just make a UOA macro to lock, pick, re-lock a chest (1 should be fine now, I used 20)

For Carto go with what seems to work best for you at discorded level.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
Lockpicking is easy:

I have three bags on my Beetle (each containing 20 chest, 1 keying). As I ride around I use a UOA macro to pick/relock the chests. You must have the bag of chest's in your backpack to record the macro but once it is recorded you can keep the bags in your beetle and run the macro while mounted.

You can get to 95 easily, while working on other skills. Then after 95 you go to the dungeon chest's. Gains are slower but profit is good.

For Carto I just sat in Haven and made maps and sold them to the mapmaker (use scrolls instead of blank maps for stacking purposes). I forget how high writing maps gets you (95'ish??) Once you get there you have to decode maps to finish off.

GGS is about the only way to GM locks or carto but it is so mush faster than it used to be. (I've GM'ed 3 T-Hunters over the years. (I'm a glutton for punishment)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Ralcor

Ralcor

Ya Rly!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Carto was I belive world maps to 98.5, then decode level 2-4 to GM. I remember when it was world maps to 95.0, and thats how it was when I did my T hunter... But, folks were crying like little babies and it got bumped. Pickin' was GM boxes to 95.0, and dungeon chests to GM. Both of these were BUGGERS to raise, and to finally finish was a relief.

Posted Image

Deployed to the Middle East

Shrea Dragonbayte, Necromancer of Bertoxx

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
is mining nessary to have in order to dig up a treasure chest or does just help with the range u can be off when digging?
Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
You don't really need mining anymore. If you can find a good rune library with the spots already marked, it's easy to find.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well mining does help with the distance you dig. I believe it is 5 paces away at gm. Another way to go on this is to consider hiding. You can dig hidden, and I believe loot also. You may want to get some eval on there tho, your magery wont be too effective without it.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
True but Mind Blast is effective enough (it takes time and EV's though).

I've had no problem with lvl 6 maps with JUST Magery to deal with the baddies. No Eval, No weapon skill, No barding talent, No pets (minus summons), only Magery/Lockpicking/Carto/Carpentry/LJ/Med/Tinkering, just another crafter out there killing.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Thats good news Dip, b/c i though i was gonna have to drop a barding skill to get eval in there
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Also another thing me and my buddy used to use was honor. He built up his honor so that he could stay there and loot while he honored himself and I killed the mobs that came out. He was on a basic mage/t-hunter template, I used my swdsman.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Good idea.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
very effective way to go about the lvl 6s. He kept looting and never had to take breaks. He could loot everything he wanted in about 2 or so min, which was plenty of time from follower of honor, while I took out the other stuff for fun.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
With t-hunter it would be hard to do a honorable fight w/o ev's so if I did use ev's will i gain enuff honor? i dont have eval currently on my thunter
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
well it would be tough, but you can go and get atleast 4 dots into follower just killing Ogre Lords. You step in, honor them, then cast the EV. it will take a bit, but it works. Its best to setup an invoke virtue macro for this, so you can do this quickly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thunter