Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Roleplaying Pirate Templates

16 replies to this topic

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
I've been toying with the idea of creating a dedicated "pirate" character to chase after dat booty. I know that there is a template forum, but seeing that it's specific to high seas and raiding ships, I thought I'd ask here.

I wanted to try a template that would both incorporate some crafting skills necessary to be pretty much self sufficient on the ship, as well as being able to solo another pirate ship or merchant vessel. Anybody think this is possible?

From what I can tell I need carpentry, blacksmithing, and tailoring (which I have already), but then also I will need alchemy and cooking? On the actual pirate character himself, I only need the skills to do immediate repairs and functioning while on the high seas, I can craft supplies ahead of time from home.

For offensive skills, I was thinking either basing it on magery or archery. I'd prefer to try to work archery into it since I have it sitting on a soulstone with nobody to take it up. But I can see magery working very well.

Additionally, it would be nice to have fishing for added roleplaying :)

So, that's what's running through my mind... it's pretty unorganized. My template might look something like:

100 carpentry (soulstoned from another char)
120 tailoring (soulstoned from another char)
110 magery
110 eval intel
100 fishing
100 meditation
with 80 points leftover + 60 on jewelry

I would keep alchemy and cooking on a different character unless I needed those to work the boat while im out sailing, do I? Would it be worth it to reduce magery and eval intel both to 100 and put mysticism and focus on?

Do you think I need to go to 120 in anything if I'm just taking on ships?
Thanks!
:icon_king:

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
hm.. you don't need crafting skills to repair the ship itself.
Not sure with the cannons though.

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay

Baruk_S

Baruk_S

UO YouTube Creator

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
Neither... the skills just mean you use less resources (I think it is up to 20% but could be mistaken.
Even 0 skills in Carpentry, Tailoring and Smithing (like my sailor does) gets it all done every time I get damaged.

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Thanks you two :)

That means I can focus my character even more on cool skills for roleplaying :) In that case, I might put alchemy and cooking on him just because I don't have another good candidate to train those skills.

Fishing is up to 55! He's smelling worse and worse every hour, just as planned.

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Ok I would love some input on the following template for use as a pirate:

120 fishing
120 myst
120 focus
110 magery
110 eval
100 med
100 spellweaving
=780 points (720 cap +60 jewelry)

I'm slobbering looking at it right now, but I'm sure I'm missing something major that would make this not work... but what is it?

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Pirates have a lot of flexibility, since the crew of a ship are crazy easy to beat and the ship itself is scuttled with cannons. Your template would work perfectly fine. In fact you only need four things to be a spell-flinging pirate: a spell channeling / mage weapon (optional) cutlass!

Nimuaq

Nimuaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Neither... the skills just mean you use less resources (I think it is up to 20% but could be mistaken.
Even 0 skills in Carpentry, Tailoring and Smithing (like my sailor does) gets it all done every time I get damaged.

About half the resources at GM Carpentry and Tailoring. JoaT also counts. (Ship Repairing)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
..I, like you, once desired my freedom from the limits placed on me. I watched in disgust as this world became engrossed with the preaching of virtue and none of the practice..

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Pirates have a lot of flexibility, since the crew of a ship are crazy easy to beat and the ship itself is scuttled with cannons. Your template would work perfectly fine. In fact you only need four things to be a spell-flinging pirate: a spell channeling / mage weapon (optional) cutlass!

Oooo I really like the idea of a cutlass/mage weapon.... me likey. I've already made the suit for him, he looks pretty evil. Hey at some point in the future, if I just hopped onto Atlantic with a brand new char, can you show me how you do it? I play on Napa, but I'd like to see how the boats work.

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Oooo I really like the idea of a cutlass/mage weapon.... me likey. I've already made the suit for him, he looks pretty evil. Hey at some point in the future, if I just hopped onto Atlantic with a brand new char, can you show me how you do it? I play on Napa, but I'd like to see how the boats work.

I don't play a pirate myself. My boat doesn't have any cannons on it. :P If you came to Atlantic the most I could do would be make a pirate suit for you. :) Well, I could show you how to drive a boat, but I'm sort of guessing you already know how to do that.

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
you don't need skills for repairing anything but it reduces the cost of fixing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zanku

zanku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Ahoy maties. Ye be missing something in that there Pirateing option. How about if's ye be awant'n to play a down right "boot kick'n, wench chasing, ale drinking, authority boot'n pirate. Well, here on Chessy, we be a hav'n that ther style of RP play'n. If'n all ye want to do is chase those scallywags that roam these here Sosarian seas, capturing the cap'n and turning him in, thats all well and fine. But, if'n ye yern for the Rp adventure of playing pirate vs pirate (and anyone else that wants in on the mix), then think about ye outfit. Here on Chessy, we run our raids and ships in pirate outfits, with major armor and weps in the ready. (just in case a major pvp minute arises). Have fun tho either way me matie. thats what Pirateing is all about. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fo the CRIMSON PIRATES. Renegades of the open seas.

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Ahoy maties. Ye be missing something in that there Pirateing option. How about if's ye be awant'n to play a down right "boot kick'n, wench chasing, ale drinking, authority boot'n pirate. Well, here on Chessy, we be a hav'n that ther style of RP play'n. If'n all ye want to do is chase those scallywags that roam these here Sosarian seas, capturing the cap'n and turning him in, thats all well and fine. But, if'n ye yern for the Rp adventure of playing pirate vs pirate (and anyone else that wants in on the mix), then think about ye outfit. Here on Chessy, we run our raids and ships in pirate outfits, with major armor and weps in the ready. (just in case a major pvp minute arises). Have fun tho either way me matie. thats what Pirateing is all about. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fo the CRIMSON PIRATES. Renegades of the open seas.

Absolutely! I commissioned my crafter to make a brand new outfit for my pirate, and I must say, he looks very dastardly! The Dread Lord Multani, Corsair of Jhelom if you happen by him on Napa Valley :)

I tried to capsize another pirate vessel, but they quickly taught me that so long as I'm a pirate, I shouldn't (limped back to shore). But the marvels of scuttling merchant ships is great!

Dread Lord Multani is learning about alchemy and cooking, and I'm trying to convince my miner to go out and find niter, but he's reluctant. 300k for 25 heavy charges is a steep fee to pay on my server, so I'm slowly restocking my goods for another outing.

My first night (yesterday) got me 2 smuggler's caches of liquor (one salty ale jug box, and napa valley's finest chardonnay... which was perfect for my shard, napa valley hahah)

Are you a part of a pirate guild on Chessy?

*Edit:

Unrelated to this talk, I settled on a less offensive template since I only have 6 slots. I can't quite put the crafting on other chars:

120 fishing
100 alchemy
100 cooking
120 magery
120 eval intel
100 meditation
100 wrestling

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
http://www.uoforums....id=2336&thumb=1

Just uploaded an image, see, EVIL Multani!!! :devil:

zanku

zanku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
yes, part of a pirate guild, the 'order of the Crimson Pirates, (-CP-). we are having a blast thus far. check out postings on paxlair.com/times/, stratics, and uo forums. (under chessy on uo forums). we are currently contemplating war on different guilds , thats why the write ups. I was also trying to say earlier that my pirate has no crafting skills, all offensive and defensive skills. I leave the repairs & such to my other characters. leaves the room for fighting skills. :)

Baruk_S

Baruk_S

UO YouTube Creator

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
And my RP char is on te other end of te spectrum on Europa.. Pirate hunter, his tome can be found on UOForums as well under the Europa RP part.
Since my guild change, I now have 2 spots though where I keep track.

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Searching for a bit of Pirate Interaction? Visit Baja.

The New Magincian Trading Co. [NMTC] just formed under Captain Valek. It is something of a Pirate / Mafia / Criminal Organization that uses Shipping and legitimate trade as a front for more nefarious ends. Slaving. Blackrock Smuggling. Bootlegging. Raiding.

All manner of sins made available to a man with a full purse.

Posted Image

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Hahah sounds cool WarderDragon, but I'm too far established on Napa Valley. I've actually created a guild there with a similar purpose, however, we're primarily aimed to monopolize the liquor smuggling industry.

t'LR - The Last Responders

2 Members so far, INCLUDING myself... lol

Reply to this topic