Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

My Archer/Fishin' Template

4 replies to this topic

Moony

Moony

Legendary Sampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Well I want to start a fisher because this new High Seas business sounds quite fun. I am terrible at PvM mage, so I thought I would make an Archer.

120 Fishing
120 Archery
110 Tactics
110 Bushido
90 Anatomy
90 Healing
80 Chivalry

I don't have High Seas yet, but once I get my fisher on her way I will purchase it. (Don't want to buy it until I know I like fishing.)

Also: What should I put on the suit? MR, SR, Stam Inc, LMC? I've never been the best with suits. I have a rune beetle cara and mace and shield glasses (the ones with HLD). Would it be wise to just use my sampire's suit? (Which is completely dexxer-orientated, I use an Arcane robe for Vamp form).
GM in: Dying and Running Away, then Dying

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Well I want to start a fisher because this new High Seas business sounds quite fun. I am terrible at PvM mage, so I thought I would make an Archer.

120 Fishing
120 Archery
110 Tactics
110 Bushido
90 Anatomy
90 Healing
80 Chivalry

I don't have High Seas yet, but once I get my fisher on her way I will purchase it. (Don't want to buy it until I know I like fishing.)

Also: What should I put on the suit? MR, SR, Stam Inc, LMC? I've never been the best with suits. I have a rune beetle cara and mace and shield glasses (the ones with HLD). Would it be wise to just use my sampire's suit? (Which is completely dexxer-orientated, I use an Arcane robe for Vamp form).

The template looks good. You could probably drop healing and put Hit Life Leech on your bows, too, though the Healing would be nice in fights against monsters that have the corrupted life drain aura, if you intend to do those. Dropping or soulstoning Healing might be a good option post-patch if you want to raise Chivalry to 120. For now, though, you could even be served well dropping Chivalry to 60 and increase Tactics and Bushido to 120.

For a suit, you'll want stamina increase out the wazoo, of course, along with enough dex increase to get you to 150 dex. Lower mana cost is nice, but I disagree with the common opinion that the Rune Beetle Carapace is super awesome. You take a bit hit on resists using it, and the lack of stamina increase on it is killer. If you have an imbuer you can do better, especially if you have the money to blow on a Forged Metal of Artifacts. All in all, though, your sampire's suit should work fine. If you're happy with it on your sampire, it will definitely make you happy on your archer, since the concepts are pretty much the same (only you're not taking melee hits). Even though the goal of ranged combat is to avoid melee hits, the DCI on a sampire suit is still helpful for Bushido's Evasion ability, plus the times when you get paralyzed (when you're doing stuff on land).

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Well I believe you would still need to have Necro on the character even if you use arcane robes for vamp form, right? Otherwise that's a very very intriguing thing :)

I actually just got high seas the other day, so I'm working on my template too! With the new changes to chivalry, it might be more worthwhile to drop tactics a little bit and adding to chiv. We'll see how the changes actually pan out though.

And as mix mentioned, you'll need a lot of stamina increase, and I'd also recommend lower mana cost. I'd also go with hit point increase, I personally dont like mana regen or stamina regen... just use leech on the weapon.

For role playing purposes, and to add spice to life, what if you took away healing and bushido (200 points) and added Magery/Meditation. That way you can cast energy vortexes while you're blasting them with arrows. No offensive spells with magery, just for healing and summons? Could be more fun.
:icon_king:

Mixels

Mixels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Well I believe you would still need to have Necro on the character even if you use arcane robes for vamp form, right? Otherwise that's a very very intriguing thing :)

I actually just got high seas the other day, so I'm working on my template too! With the new changes to chivalry, it might be more worthwhile to drop tactics a little bit and adding to chiv. We'll see how the changes actually pan out though.

And as mix mentioned, you'll need a lot of stamina increase, and I'd also recommend lower mana cost. I'd also go with hit point increase, I personally dont like mana regen or stamina regen... just use leech on the weapon.

For role playing purposes, and to add spice to life, what if you took away healing and bushido (200 points) and added Magery/Meditation. That way you can cast energy vortexes while you're blasting them with arrows. No offensive spells with magery, just for healing and summons? Could be more fun.

Nono, you misunderstood his vamp thing. He's not going to do vamp form on his fisher. He was just elaborating on the fact that his suit is entirely dexxer based (implying he has no LRC). :)

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Nono, you misunderstood his vamp thing. He's not going to do vamp form on his fisher. He was just elaborating on the fact that his suit is entirely dexxer based (implying he has no LRC). :)

Hahaha dang because I was about to have a wet dream if I could keep vamp form on a robe and ditch those skills... LOL
:icon_king:

Reply to this topic