Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Anyone want some PVP conflict?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
All in favor of PVP conflict, say it here and now.. A lot of people I speak to IG and over a chat messengers want some sort of conflict between guilds or players for a better roleplay experience. I would in fact support some PVP rules even for guilds to get involved, as I have my concern regarding RP-PVP... I wish more people would spend time to getting into character rather than trying to constantly train their characters and go on constant hunts, etc.. But that is how things are at the moment, hopefully we can make room for conflicts in the future to allow what roleplayers we have to actually "roleplay" as it stands, most RP is done on just tavern nights where people will spend gossip, maybe play some games, etc..

I have yet to feel any heat from the community though when it comes to roleplaying..

If there is a way we can come together for an ongoing scenarion in which all guilds could participate, one which would create day to day interaction, scenarios and daily quests, I think this would be great. I do have my main concerns though as far as PVP goes, if guilds were to agree on a rules of engagement first, I would be more comfortable with it rather than some mindless or senseless PVP..

I like Atlantics community rules, many shards use the same set of rules such as Catskills and Europa when it comes to PVP.. I think the death robe rule would be necessary if we had conflicts going between some of the alliance guilds.
Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards :: View topic - The Atlantic Roleplay Community Guidelines and Maps

Perhaps I shall try and stir something up at the next tavern night and see what happens.. This should NOT effect anything OOC that the alliance does such as hunts, etc... If we see each other in game, feel free to get into character and work out a conflict, the reason we're on in the alliance in the first place is for better interaction..

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I am all for this. I hoped to get something like this started between I think your char was Palin and my Tsuru. I would be happy to work out rules of engagement with you but I can only speak for myself. Also on this subject I have a character called Kyonshi that I made to be attack on sight. I am not offended if someone trys to bring him to justice at anytime. Infact the only safe spot I ask for him is the Gargoyle city in Ilshenar

A piece of info. Kyonshi is a mage. I am terrible with mages and he is far from complete. If you engage him odds are you will either win or make me run off. Also I dont bring him on hunts. When I pull him out it is to see if there is some trouble I can stir up.

Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Awesome Asbjorn. I am looking forward to seeing Kyonshi around. (hehe) =) That will be a blast.
But I have a question, why should other characters want to kill Kyonshi, what has he done to deserve this? I know he has been sighted sneaking around Sagewind in the past. Maybe we can repost our characters histories so we have all have current information to roleplay with. I know I need to redo (Caramina Falcons, Bettys, Ziyakhedes, Remis, & Ophelia Falcons. Maybe we can jave them set up as a work in progress. I don't know, just a suggestion. But it gets me more interested and excited to roleplay.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts

I wish more people would spend time to getting into character rather than trying to constantly train their characters and go on constant hunts, etc..

When you say something like this, some people might think you're judging how they play.....

Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I just wanted to say, that I understand Palin that you want to see more roleplay, and you feel that if there werent hunts then maybe people would be interested in roleplay. Well I think you have neglected to observe the fact that everyone seems to love the hunts. And any good GM is going to make sure his guildies do what they enjoy. Which I happen to believe Capricorn is one of the best GM's I have ever observed. He is selfless, he works for what his guild wants. I think you are a very small minority on the hunt topic. I realize you are really trying hard to get roleplay off and running, but I think you need to rethink your approach. I think you would be better off trying to introduce roleplay to people and get them excited about it at tavern nights and such. It will only lead to trouble if you continue to push your ideas on the majority. You can't change people, but you can introduce fun things to them and get them interested in a great storyline. I also want to say that this is my opinion, and everyone of us is free to there own opinion, but you can also anger people and turn them off of you for announcing it. I would hate to see that happen to anyone.

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Awesome Asbjorn. I am looking forward to seeing Kyonshi around. (hehe) =) That will be a blast.
But I have a question, why should other characters want to kill Kyonshi, what has he done to deserve this? I know he has been sighted sneaking around Sagewind in the past. Maybe we can repost our characters histories so we have all have current information to roleplay with. I know I need to redo (Caramina Falcons, Bettys, Ziyakhedes, Remis, & Ophelia Falcons. Maybe we can jave them set up as a work in progress. I don't know, just a suggestion. But it gets me more interested and excited to roleplay.

Kyonshi is a ruthless death talker. He has murdered good people who where kind to him. He has attacked citizens of Sagewind unprovoked. He has used poison, dark magics, and is in league with Larson. His tale has been started I think on one of these boards titled "The spirit of nightmares rises" (authors note I failed english and dont give a damn about proper)

I think a repost of historys would be a great idea. Mine are ever evolving and I have trouble nailing them down just right. With the new focuses on test center alot of my characters are changing to be more inline with the original roleplay intent I had for them. I might even try to re write the tale.

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

When you say something like this, some people might think you're judging how they play.....

I'm not judging how they play, they can play their characters however they want.. I just said I wish people spent more time being in character.. Players like me are in character 24/7 or try to be and it is hard when someone comes to us and they are completely out of character, it ruins things for me when I am in character and the person talking to me is trying to talk to me about that football game last night.. In RSB, it is currently mandatory for someone to be in character at all times, or at least be playing their role as a ranger at all times, otherwise we wouldn't be a "rangers" guild..

I wonder how orc role-players would feel if I created an orc character to roleplay as and went up to another orc and said "Yo wassup dawg!?" It's called respect, you just don't do that if I am roleplaying an orc, I should damn make sure I am staying in character as an orc, otherwise it will just ruin the roleplay for those who are in character as an orc, not that we have any more orcs on Pacific.. We will soon..

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

I just wanted to say, that I understand Palin that you want to see more roleplay, and you feel that if there werent hunts then maybe people would be interested in roleplay. Well I think you have neglected to observe the fact that everyone seems to love the hunts. And any good GM is going to make sure his guildies do what they enjoy. Which I happen to believe Capricorn is one of the best GM's I have ever observed. He is selfless, he works for what his guild wants. I think you are a very small minority on the hunt topic. I realize you are really trying hard to get roleplay off and running, but I think you need to rethink your approach. I think you would be better off trying to introduce roleplay to people and get them excited about it at tavern nights and such. It will only lead to trouble if you continue to push your ideas on the majority. You can't change people, but you can introduce fun things to them and get them interested in a great storyline. I also want to say that this is my opinion, and everyone of us is free to there own opinion, but you can also anger people and turn them off of you for announcing it. I would hate to see that happen to anyone.

I have also been stressed out over RSB and my current guild on Pacific, it is a big mess and I wish I could start fresh somehow.. Inactivity has taken its toll since Robins recent departure and it has been hard for everyone.. Especially those in RSB and the ones RPing around Skara Brae... We're screaming for roleplaying but can't even get our own guilds off the ground.. I want to be with Skara Brae, I really do, I want to be with the Rangers of Skara Brae, but I have been thinking long and hard about doing something else on Pacific elsewhere....

If I do this I need to figure out what approach I want to take, what kind of guild do I want to make, what approach do I want, what are the goals going to be? Is it going to be a new ranger guild, an orc guild? A guild of guardsmen, a trading company or what should it be? It has been on my mind for sometime now.. I just don't know what to do on Pacific.. I wish there were more RP guilds, pirate, orc, guardsmen guilds, a knights templar guild, etc.... But there isn't and nobody besides me and maybe a few others are willing to take up that mantle to create such a RP guild.. When I was on Pacific before I was trying to run 3 guilds at once, a pirate guild, an orc guild and a guardsman guild, we didn't even have an orc fort in my orc guild because I only had 2 account at the time and they were being used as a tavern an a barracks for my guardsman guild.. My orc guild got so big, I was running the largest orc guild Pacific had seen in a while, I eventually became inactive though and started playing WoW and Darkfall.. *shrugs*

RSB was the whole reason I came back to Pacific, when Robin asked me to join and eventually become the GM of this glorious guild and restore Spiritwood, I couldn't refuse, he caught me at a time when Europa was down, I felt like logging into one of my characters and there he was in New Haven, I re-activated my account, x-fered some of my characters over from Europa, which was slow and inactive at the time, (the reason I left) it has picked back up since then, I don't regret it, but now that RSB has taken a dive and with Robin going away for a while, I feel my whole purpose of coming back to Pacific has drawn to an end..

Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

(authors note I failed english and dont give a damn about proper)

I think a repost of historys would be a great idea. Mine are ever evolving and I have trouble nailing them down just right. With the new focuses on test center alot of my characters are changing to be more inline with the original roleplay intent I had for them. I might even try to re write the tale.

I sucked at english as well, and my rough drafts can be rather frightening, well unreadable. lol
I also have lost my main characters history, so I might just rewrite a new one for her.
We could have a thread for works in progress, and a thread for what is set in stone, so others can read about the other character to get an idea of how to interact with them. And forgive me if this allready exists, I havent kept up on everything alliance, but I am starting to. Tell me if that sounds good, or if someone has a better way we can come up with something workable. If this is more work than some of us have time for, then we can just get an idea of their character at tavern nights. Lets get an idea of who all is interested in this. This alliance is not an alliance that requires roleplay. Roleplay and roleplay ideas are for those who are interested.

Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

RSB was the whole reason I came back to Pacific, when Robin asked me to join and eventually become the GM of this glorious guild and restore Spiritwood, I couldn't refuse, he caught me at a time when Europa was down, I felt like logging into one of my characters and there he was in New Haven, I re-activated my account, x-fered some of my characters over from Europa, which was slow and inactive at the time, (the reason I left) it has picked back up since then, I don't regret it, but now that RSB has taken a dive and with Robin going away for a while, I feel my whole purpose of coming back to Pacific has drawn to an end..

Well I hope this isnt an end for you, I dont want to see you leave. You can make this work, I really think so.
I think you should first focus on getting roleplayers interested. Maybe you could spend time roleplaying in New Haven and put out books about roleplay and what it is your guild is about. That is what got me interested in it a long time ago. I was watching several people interact with their characters and a fight started (all part of the roleplay). It looked like soo much fun. I think if you tried this you might see much more interest, I love that guide you put together about roleplay on the forum. Maybe you could do a shorter version for the books you can hand out. If anyone else has any suggestions to help Palin advertise, please post. :)
Anyway, I don't want to see you go.

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

I sucked at english as well, and my rough drafts can be rather frightening, well unreadable. lol
I also have lost my main characters history, so I might just rewrite a new one for her.
We could have a thread for works in progress, and a thread for what is set in stone, so others can read about the other character to get an idea of how to interact with them. And forgive me if this allready exists, I havent kept up on everything alliance, but I am starting to. Tell me if that sounds good, or if someone has a better way we can come up with something workable. If this is more work than some of us have time for, then we can just get an idea of their character at tavern nights. Lets get an idea of who all is interested in this. This alliance is not an alliance that requires roleplay. Roleplay and roleplay ideas are for those who are interested.

I like the idea of dividing what is set in stone away from what is "in the works". I am sure the members of SAGE are sick of hearing me state that I am re-working everything. This would help me solidify who and what each of my characters are.
And for those that want to use it it will be helpful in keeping with continuity with story lines. Also it really only needs to be a brief description if you want to use it. Something to assist tavern night. And a great way to get ideas.

Sable can start a thread or two of his own though for his =)

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
It didn't even concern me to start a New Haven based RP guild.. I think you are onto something Krysyn.. I also have my orc on Pacific now so I hope I know what I am doing.