Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Mage/Mystic/Weaver and Necro question?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

jack_handy

jack_handy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
My template:
120 eval
120 Mage
120 focus
120 Mystic
120 Spell Weaving
120 Resist

I'm thinking about adding in Necro just for wraith form, so to get that to work I was thinking about dropping resist to 100, adding necro to 20, then adding on talisman to get into wraith form, then after just throw my normal talisman on.

Ok, heres my question, two actually:

Will being in Wraith form with such little necro have anything to do with the amount of mana I leech?

Would lowering Resist from 120 to 100 make a big difference?

Any help/pointers will be greatly appreciated, thank you:huh

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
the leech % from wraith form is based off your spirit speak skill. At 100 you leech 20%, at 120 you leech 24%. And, you won't be able to stay in wraith form if your skill in necro drops below 20. You must maintain the minimum skill to cast the spell in order to stay in form.

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
the problem with resist is that really you want it at 120 because anything less and it won't be worth it

jack_handy

jack_handy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ahh spirit speak, darn it! i didnt realize that, thank you for your responses, both of you :)
Guess I'm just trying to hard to mess with an already finished character.

On to my next project..... Necro & Spirit Speak! wonder what else I can add that I havent done before? maybe Bard? hmmmm...........

Suggestions are open if you're bored :)

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Well, i have Necro and Spirit both at 120 on soul stones cause I don't use them that much. I do however have a char with a 100 necro that is my goto char. You've probably heard the term, and you may even have one, but my favorite character thus far template wise is the Sampire. Mine looks like this:

120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necro
100 tactics
100 anatomy
60 chiv

thats 720 cap with 4yr account.

this char is bad @zz!!! The suit and the weapons take a little time and effort to set up but once you've got that in place, Sosaria is your oyster.

I currently enjoy soloing champ spawns and doing stygian abyss dungeon runs for ingredients. I guarantee if you don't already have one, once you make one it should be your favorite char. Don't get me wrong, other temps are cool and even more useful in other ways but this is super fun. I love running around the dungeon and getting like 50 low level spawn to chase me and then sit there and wait till they're all around me, consecrate, whirlwind, and watch them drop all at the same time!! LOL!! check out the thread named sampire to look into more info about it. once you read that if you have any more questions im sure you'll find that there are a good number of uoforums members that enjoy speaking on the subject.

jack_handy

jack_handy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
McNuge thanks, I'm totally gonna make one of those, sounds like fun!

Digitali

Digitali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Just returning after almost a decade away....but I'm curious as to how viable 120 resist skill is if your resists are all listed at 70% from gear? Does that factor in at all?

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
resist spells reduces paralize duration, chance to get poisoned, mana vamp, sleep, purge magic, and the damage of pain spike. The resistance on armor lower a certain type of dmg but 70% is pretty easy to get now days. Resist IMO opinion is still priceless.

WolFie

WolFie

PvM only

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Jack another great temp to play (which i took my samp down for) is a thrower
120 bush
120 throwing
110ana
100 healing
100 necro
100 tactic
70 chiv
you can do things with this character that even a sampire can't touch like soloing stygian dragon or slasher, and to be honest i haven't found something a samp can do that i can't on this temp i use to play a mysti/mage/spellweaver like you have almost minus i don't use the resis bc i don't do pvp with this character and find my mage to be pretty strong and GREAT for group things like corgul and what not the only difference in temp's that you and i have is i still have my 120 med for mana drains like word of death, once i finally find the corgul ring tho my suit itself will change and go from 12-13 mana regen to 19 mana regen or even higher bc the person that makes my gear is probably one of the best in game with reforging and imbuing this man can craft better things than imbuing along can deal! i have seen piece with 6-7 mods and regens as high as 4-5 per piece so i might be closer to 25-30 regen if he really works on it, then i will try to mana dump and if i dn't go down from WoD i might replace my med (if its no longer needed) with probably resis at that time only IF my regen will allow me to stay peeked in mana and not bring any down

Faultier

Faultier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
At moment i played this

1.) 120 Magery
2.) 120 Spellweaving
3.) 115 Eval Int
4.) 115 Meditation
5.) 100 Hiding
6.) 115 Resisting Spell
7.) filled white focus

Thinking about dropping resie (play white protection so not realy the burner) for myst and switching meditation for focus.

Good Idea ?? Lost 1 MR down to 1,8s passive from 2,8s i see if i take focus for meditation ..............

Hiding must be inside !! To Comfortable and loved ^^