Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Tokuno Rares?

- - - - - rares tokuno

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Cybercossack

Cybercossack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Whats the deal with Tokuno dyes and pigments; what do they do and whats the difference between them? I beleive i heard they can be used to dye armour? please enlighten me as Ive an ugly set of armour that could really do with being all one colour

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Yes you can dye items with them but the items you want to dye have to be an artifact or enhanced.

Hope that helps :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Cybercossack

Cybercossack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
is that a full artifact or do minor artifacts count? also how can i tell if an items enhanced as there a new thing to me as ive been away

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Aye any artifact (major and minor) works .... as for knowing if enhanced the best way would be to just try to dye the item and see if it works.

Enhanced items is basically when a crafter takes a normal item (or loot item) and enhances it with another item like spine leather ... (found on the crafter tool - ie sewing kit - enhance item)

(hope someone can explain that better than I can.)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Samhain

Samhain

The Noble Paladin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
I do not know if you still can, but when I first got various pigments I could dye things like wooden crates. I have a number of dyed wooden un enhanced items, but they are from the original Tokuno Artifacts spawn release (if this is of any significance I do not know).
If I get bored later I'll try, but pigments now are millions, when originally available I couldnt get a mil for one :).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.
One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction.
Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

I do not know if you still can, but when I first got various pigments I could dye things like wooden crates. I have a number of dyed wooden un enhanced items, but they are from the original Tokuno Artifacts spawn release .... :).

Oh my cookie cutters ... I didn't know that was possible before the re-release ... TY :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Your dyed wooden items were dyed with a furniture dye tub.

Cybercossack

Cybercossack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
so whats the difference between dyes and pigments?

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Dyes are what you can buy from any tailor shop and you use them on various tubs to alter the color, then you use the tub to color clothing, leather, furniture or whatever it is you're coloring.

Pigments are the dye bottles that could be obtained from Tokuno. It's these that can be used to dye metal armor as well as leather armor, and also any artifact or minor artifact. They have charges and you don't use a tub in between, you simply apply the pigment directly to the item in question.

People referring to Tokuno dyes mean Tokuno pigments, it's the same thing.

Posted Image

Cybercossack

Cybercossack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
aaaah hence my confusion

Cybercossack

Cybercossack

Advanced Member

• Members