Pappa Gummy Bear probably scammed me!

Napalon and I have done business before, as i've sold him accounts for gold. Each time he handed over hundreds of millions of gold before he received anything from me. It's possible he could be lying but I highly doubt it. I consider him very trustworthy.

this could all be a big mix up between bank/moneybroker most of those two types of companies keep money for x amount of days before returning if there is and issue sending..

so if the money left his account and the email was invalid it could take some time to get back to the bank..

but I would say that 500$ is not a poultry amount and more could of been done to resolve this and if not to resolve the possibly email the person evolved to say your having real life issues and will be on to the case asap.

It should have been as easy as this, having much experience with MB.

Payment sent to wrong email. Email should have been instantly rejected due to the fact that the TLD (.f) does not exist. The payment then would sit in hold with MB and a email would have been dispatched to Papa. After the payment, which now resides with MB with a hold on it, has been cleared by the MB / bank (successful withdrawal from the account) it would than have been deposited into Papa's MB account, at which he could now go ahead and transfer the money to the correct email address with his MB balance.

The delay could be the fact that maybe it was a new MB account? and it was a bank account payament and not a balance payment. Possible hold on the transaction.

AT any rate Papa should "EASILY" be able to call MB and even provide proof here with little effort showing what actually happened... whether it was rejected or the payment was accepted somehow.

something doesn't add up.

Well, he's been on several times since and hasn't posted any screenshots from Moneybookers, so I'm a tad suspicious, to be honest.

Took me about 5 minutes to login to my old account which I haven't used since 2007 and access the history page.

Also, I want to point out that the .f TLD does not exist, and therefore there is no email address associated with a .f domain name. So if the money was sent to that, it should have immediately been rejected as a nonexistent email address and the money returned to the sender.

Just tried sending £1 to the broken domain and it won't even let me send it, it picks up the invalid domain right away.

Starting to smell even more like a scam to me.

Just tried sending £1 to the broken domain and it won't even let me send it, it picks up the invalid domain right away.

Starting to smell even more like a scam to me.

Very dissappointing.

Given the lack of response from Pappa and the evidence to suggest he was lying about sending payment to the invalid address, I can only conclude that he did indeed scam the first poster.

I've added his name to the suspicious list and will be removing his feedback profile soon, so others don't fall victim to scams.

http://www.uoforums.com/report-scammer/76033-suspicious-buyers-sellers.html

Unless a proper explanation without name calling, is submitted by Pappa, his name will remain on the list till further notice.

Made another discovery, thanks to Lord Nabin's suggestion that I check IP's on Pappa's account.

Another account with the same cable ip address as Pappa's, signed up here two days after the scam took place and made several posts upto the 17th, then stopped

The same day (2 hours later) Pappa gummy bear logged in and claimed he had been offline all that time.

Lady of Luna

I don't think we need that sort here, so I've banned both accounts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Made another discovery, thanks to Lord Nabin's suggestion that I check IP's on Pappa's account.

Another account with the same cable ip address as Pappa's, signed up here two days after the scam took place and made several posts upto the 17th, then stopped

The same day (2 hours later) Pappa gummy bear logged in and claimed he had been offline all that time.

Lady of Luna

I don't think we need that sort here, so I've banned both accounts.

He's Back Again!

Just check the ISP of a new poster selling accounts. It's pretty easy to spot his posting style. That being said, the new rules of not posting items for cah will slow him down a bit.