Pappa Gummy Bear probably scammed me!

This guy send me pm and offered for 500$ for my account. http://www.uoforums.com/holiday-accounts-general-trade-forum/87896-120m-old-account-21-soulstones-sa-high-87-days-gametime.html

I accepted the offer and never recived the money. He claims that he typed my email wrong but fixed the problem.. its been a week now and I havent seen him online after the trade to help me to solve this problem. Maybe its stupid to trust these "trusted" traders:(

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 17:49

so why are you selling the account

icey30.5.2011 17:49

I dont have time/intrest to play and i need money

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 17:49

i gotcha

icey30.5.2011 17:56

Well i actually could sell my account for like 550$

icey30.5.2011 17:56

And if u could buy it via moneybookers it would be great

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 17:57

well i could offer ya 500 for the account

that would be my best offer

icey30.5.2011 17:57

well i maybe can accept it if you can do it via moneybookers :/

that can be done no problem

icey30.5.2011 17:57

thanks

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 17:58

i would be able to do all the fee's

icey30.5.2011 17:58

nice. when you wanna trade?

icey30.5.2011 17:59

I have dinner now but im available again within 1 hour or something

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 17:59

like all my transactions with new costomers would be that i would need to log onto the acccount to make sure that everything is there.. then i would send you the money via moneybookers.. its just a precaution for me..

Yes of course with you can do it since u are trusted trader

nabin is another one

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 17:59

you can look on uoforums and see that i am one of 2 that is a trusted seller and buyer of uo accounts and items

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:00

3A2D29

icey30.5.2011 18:00

well ill go change info now

icey30.5.2011 18:00

and give u logins

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:00

sounds good

icey30.5.2011 18:01

ok

my moneybookers is xxxx@xxxxxxahti.fi

when u have checked account ship me 500$ ok?

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:02

yes as soon as i check the $500 will be shipped to that email address

icey30.5.2011 18:02

jmxxxxs

oops i have to chance pass

sec

password qwerty

icey30.5.2011 18:03

i have putted all valuable stuff at chest at my house upstairs

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:03

k one sec

checks are at bags front yard

also taming sots are found there

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:04

k logging in now

icey30.5.2011 18:04

k

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:06

what shard plz

icey30.5.2011 18:06

europa

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:06

ok 3A2D29

icey30.5.2011 18:08

and rune to my house is called "lighthouse"

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:09

oh ok lol i was just looking for the house.. found a trainin house for the pets lol

icey30.5.2011 18:09

3A2D44

icey30.5.2011 18:10

theres nothing much valauble at characters bank since everything is at house

icey30.5.2011 18:10

maybe less than mill gold ect

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:10

k

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:18

i am on limp and he is out in the middle of no where stripped.. what rune would be to the house

icey30.5.2011 18:26

hmm

icey30.5.2011 18:26

i dont think he have a rune :/

icey30.5.2011 18:27

u gotta recall to moongate and run from scara brae

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:27

k

icey30.5.2011 18:27

1 min run from scara

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:28

k

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:39

k everything looks great.. sending the money now

icey30.5.2011 18:39

ok thanks

icey30.5.2011 18:44

Did u send $ already?

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:44

money was just sent to xxxx@xxxxxxahti.f

icey30.5.2011 18:45

xxxx@xxxxxxahti.fi

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:45

ok well that one was what you sent me.. one sec

icey30.5.2011 18:46

u fotgot "i" on the end?

forgot

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:47

k tryin to see what is goin on..

icey30.5.2011 18:47

k

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:51

it says money has been recieved on the other side

icey30.5.2011 18:52

did u sent it xxxx@xxxxxxahti.fi as i told u or xxxx@xxxxxxahti.f ?

without an "i"

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:52

without

u typed email wrong 3A2D28

ok well i am seeing what i can do my friend

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:53

we will get this figured out

icey30.5.2011 18:53

support is only option 3A2D29

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:59

k waiting on there reply

icey30.5.2011 19:02

ok

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 19:04

i am sorry bout all this.. i just copied and pasted the address

icey30.5.2011 19:04

np :

icey30.5.2011 19:08

im sure mb will solve this problem soon

icey30.5.2011 19:09

it would be faster tho if u call em

can take 2 days when they replu on emails

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 19:09

really that long? ok i will call then right now

ty

icey30.5.2011 19:35

What they said?

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 19:36

money has been delivered to the address that you said it was. with the i

icey30.5.2011 19:37

xxxx@xxxxxxahti.fi

icey30.5.2011 19:38

Nothing here yet but maybe theres little delay since u sent it to the xxxx@xxxxxxahti.f first 3A2D28

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 19:43

says money has been delivererd.. hope you enjoy your day.. and your girl is able to come over 3B2D29 goodday my friend

icey1.6.2011 12:23

I still cant see money at my mb account. I emailed to mb support if they can help. You need to help me to solve this problem.

icey3.6.2011 17:49

Can u give me your name and email address so i can send em to moneybookers so i can solve this problem?

icey5.6.2011 20:57

??

eeeek! I hope you get everything fixed when i was having a bad day, I posted up my accounts and he was the first to email me. lucky I backed out and decided to keep them. Hopefully you can get your accounts back all though if you have the key from when the account was made you could call EA and have then change the ps and email back over to you.

I have purchased from Pappa Gummy Bear in the past and have had no problems with any of the transaction and at one time he had provided me his account information so that I can check an account he was planning to sell. I also had 5 accounts which he purchased from me and was paying installments for which have been paid in full. If you can provide his icq number because I have 2 which he uses and I would like to know myself if what you say is valid or if this person maybe impersonating him.

Well his email address no longer works, ICQ's go unanswered and people who were on his facebook page have apparently been removed.

I sent him a message on there 4 days ago, no reply, so at this time, I can only advise people NOT deal with him.

Well his email address no longer works, ICQ's go unanswered and people who were on his facebook page have apparently been removed.

I sent him a message on there 4 days ago, no reply, so at this time, I can only advise people NOT deal with him.

How disappointing,after he was given the benefit of the concerns raised previously.

He has re registered as GummyBear now ?

Reoccurring event, someone else was exposed for some very serious fraud related issues and the ADMINS here just deleted everything. Here was a chance with some serious real evidence having the scammer posting what he did and the admins just turned around and decided.. oh well.. delete. This site is going down hill in a hurry.

Adam said he checked and it was not the same different side of the world the ip came from.

You should ALWAYS be weary of people who hold several different aliases on icq and a forum. That is a serious red flag in my book.

The IP thing really means very little. Scammers tend to do all they can to mask their true identity, and there are several very simple ways to fake your IP or to use an IP that is not your own. I realize you probably know this, Nabin. Just pointing it out for those who may have gained some level of confidence in this new GummyBear from what you posted.

there are several very simple ways to fake your IP or to use an IP that is not your own.

Quoted for truth.

And because we suspect it's the same person, isn't room to just ban them either based on a suspicion. Until there is proof....

And as far as we know, the new guy could be someone totally different who uses that name. Let's be honest...how many times do we go to other forums and find our usual nickname already taken?

Quoted for truth.

And because we suspect it's the same person, isn't room to just ban them either based on a suspicion. Until there is proof....

And as far as we know, the new guy could be someone totally different who uses that name. Let's be honest...how many times do we go to other forums and find our usual nickname already taken?

Especially one like that. It's not odd to see two people with names like Gummy Bear on the same forum, and, generally, if one is smart enough to know he has to fake his identity by using a new IP address, he should also be smart enough to know to use a different alias when registering. :)

WHOAAA. well now seems like alot has been goin on since i have been gone.

#1 reason i havent been on. wife and my family and finaly got a house but couldnt move into it for a month so we are living in 2 different places till we move in the 1st of july.. also like xexeres knows i hadnt worked in some time and i finaly got a job 2 months ago hence the reason i havnt had to time be on here or play

#2 when i bought the acccount from Nap and when i recieve a email from moneybrookers/ money taking outa my bank account i know it has gone through and then 4 days later he messages me saying he didnt get it, i know that he did, this is the reason i usually dont deal with people from other countries and different money sources rather than paypal.. look at my rating and look at his.. i have done really well on uoforums and would not lose my rep over $500..

#3 Nabin- i find it funny how you are always there to talk smack but the second i do you cry to the mods and make me out to me someone i am not. you scream foul constantly but you sir 5 yrs ago screwed me when you lied about the fel keep near fel yew gate about what your intentions where.. you sir paid scripting idocers to place luna houses,keeps,castles and turned around and sold for much more.. you sir are not as clean as you come across.

once again i am amazed how quick and rude this went.. i have many many many people from here that i have bought and sold from that know me and that have logged onto my main accounts, buyers who logged on to see the accounts (return buyers) before they bought them.. Xexeres i made monthly payments to pay for his accounts..

yes i know i wasnt around to tell my side and for this i am sorry but RL got in the way to be online..

No offense Pappa, it looks very suspicious if you disappear offline immediately after a trade where the person has contacted you days in a row with no response, then we try to get hold of you.

I understand RL gets in the way, at the same time, I wouldn't do a deal with someone if I'm not able to be online to make sure things have gone well.

I'm more considering the fact of this part of the conversation:

xxxx@xxxxxxahti.fi

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:45

ok well that one was what you sent me.. one sec

u fotgot "i" on the end?

forgot

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:47

k tryin to see what is goin on..

icey30.5.2011 18:47

k

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:51

it says money has been recieved on the other side

did u sent it xxxx@xxxxxxahti.fi as i told u or xxxx@xxxxxxahti.f ?

without an "i"

without

u typed email wrong

ok well i am seeing what i can do my friend

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 18:53

we will get this figured out

I'm being generous and giving him benefit of doubt that he typed the address right as I saw earlier in the logs and he didn't alter them when posting here, other than the XXXX part.

I know the logs say you got it figured out with MB, but there's a chance that it went to the wrong address since he doesnt' have money yet. I'd suggest him contact MB as well and if you have any transaction numbers work it out with him. I'd also suggest contacting him directly. He shows he contacted you 5 times on different days to let you know he didn't receive a payment after you "fixed it" too.

WHOAAA. well now seems like alot has been goin on since i have been gone.

#1 reason i havent been on. wife and my family and finaly got a house but couldnt move into it for a month so we are living in 2 different places till we move in the 1st of july.. also like xexeres knows i hadnt worked in some time and i finaly got a job 2 months ago hence the reason i havnt had to time be on here or play

#2 when i bought the acccount from Nap and when i recieve a email from moneybrookers/ money taking outa my bank account i know it has gone through and then 4 days later he messages me saying he didnt get it, i know that he did, this is the reason i usually dont deal with people from other countries and different money sources rather than paypal.. look at my rating and look at his.. i have done really well on uoforums and would not lose my rep over $500..

[snip]

once again i am amazed how quick and rude this went.. i have many many many people from here that i have bought and sold from that know me and that have logged onto my main accounts, buyers who logged on to see the accounts (return buyers) before they bought them.. Xexeres i made monthly payments to pay for his accounts..

yes i know i wasnt around to tell my side and for this i am sorry but RL got in the way to be online..

When you're dealing with real life money, mate, you just can't do stuff like this. It takes about three seconds to respond to an IM. Thirty to respond to a forum post. It has been eleven days since this thread was posted. That's a week and a half. Plenty of time to have received and responded to the concerns of a customer.

If the money has really been taken out of your account, call your bank immediately. Nap has the tools at his disposal to take the account back if he wants, and the fact that he hasn't taken advantage of that yet suggests to me that he is not lying about the money and that he is genuinely interested in resolving this with your cooperation. That, in addition to your disappearance right in the middle of Nap complaining, sure puts you in a bad light. You knew there was a problem and couldn't be bothered to contact the buyer. Where real money is involved, actually having scammed someone and looking like you've scammed someone are pretty darn close to the same thing with respect to reputation. IMO, at this point, it's on you to fix this.

Finally, your defensive posturing does you a disservice. Can you really not understand why this has turned into a big deal? A week and a half with no response or even a log on ICQ? Then you come back and accuse everyone of having been rude to you? You dropped the ball on this one. The right way to respond is to suck it up, admit responsibility, and follow through with resolving the conflict. Hurling accusations at Nabin and the rest of us won't convince anyone, nor will it help you figure out what happened to your money, if you truly sent it. If this is how you deal with problems that come up, I can say with certainty there is no way I would deal with you. And that's the best case scenario for your return. Being known as a scammer is the worst case. Do you really want that?

• Like 1
When you're dealing with real life money, mate, you just can't do stuff like this. It takes about three seconds to respond to an IM. Thirty to respond to a forum post. It has been eleven days since this thread was posted. That's a week and a half. Plenty of time to have received and responded to the concerns of a customer.

If the money has really been taken out of your account, call your bank immediately. Nap has the tools at his disposal to take the account back if he wants, and the fact that he hasn't taken advantage of that yet suggests to me that he is not lying about the money and that he is genuinely interested in resolving this with your cooperation. That, in addition to your disappearance right in the middle of Nap complaining, sure puts you in a bad light. You knew there was a problem and couldn't be bothered to contact the buyer. Where real money is involved, actually having scammed someone and looking like you've scammed someone are pretty darn close to the same thing with respect to reputation. IMO, at this point, it's on you to fix this.

Finally, your defensive posturing does you a disservice. Can you really not understand why this has turned into a big deal? A week and a half with no response or even a log on ICQ? Then you come back and accuse everyone of having been rude to you? You dropped the ball on this one. The right way to respond is to suck it up, admit responsibility, and follow through with resolving the conflict. Hurling accusations at Nabin and the rest of us won't convince anyone, nor will it help you figure out what happened to your money, if you truly sent it. If this is how you deal with problems that come up, I can say with certainty there is no way I would deal with you. And that's the best case scenario for your return. Being known as a scammer is the worst case. Do you really want that?

Look at my rating number one. i have no reason to scam for such a little account. my money is outa my account to the address that he sent to me. does he have a second account with money brokers? i dont know. you talkin about nabin as though you know him besides what he shows and not he shady side give me a break i really dont care.. i paid for the account.. a few days later it looks like he wrote for the first time saying the money is not there but i got the moneybrokers email and also $ outa my account.. maybe i should be the one screaming that i was scammed if he takes the account back..

Look at my rating number one. i have no reason to scam for such a little account. my money is outa my account to the address that he sent to me. does he have a second account with money brokers? i dont know. you talkin about nabin as though you know him besides what he shows and not he shady side give me a break i really dont care.. i paid for the account.. a few days later it looks like he wrote for the first time saying the money is not there but i got the moneybrokers email and also $ outa my account.. maybe i should be the one screaming that i was scammed if he takes the account back..

An account worth $500+ is a pretty good take-home for five minutes of work. You really think it's such a paltry amount it should exclude all possibility that you scammed?

I don't know what happened. I never claimed to know. I personally have no way to tell whether you, he, both, or neither of you are telling the truth. I only meant to say that the way you have responded to this issue so far has been irresponsible and inconsiderate. Your poor communication on this issue has done more to harm your reputation as a seller than anything.

As for Nabin, again, I don't know if he did the things you say or not. I have no way of knowing. But you bringing him up in this thread looks like an attempt to distract from the issue at hand. If you have proof Nabin has done something wrong, it belongs in another thread.

You're not handling this professionally at all. Think for a minute. If he were trying to scam you, why would he have started this thread? Why wouldn't he have taken the account back? You messed up here. You left the conversation in the middle of a huge problem then didn't show your face again for over a week (which looks doubly suspicious if $500 really were taken out of your account--you'd think you'd be a bit concerned about that). I know you say you were distracted from the issue by other "real life" issues, but you have to remember that, as soon as real money gets involved, your transactions become part of real life. You have to deal with this stuff, mate, or at least inform the people involved that some other emergency is preventing you from dealing with it.

What ever.. he went silent and a few days later he messaged me.. i have real life issues that i was doin that day and when i see 2 items,email and bank account debited. i had done MANY of these transactions.. and for Nabin i was just sayin how funny that, that @sshat emailed adam saying that i was shady.. he just doesnt like when people take $ away from his business.. think wht you want.. i did nothin wrong but pay for a account that i was goin to play after leaving the game for 6 months.. ATL=trash

also mixels i really dont care if you believe me or not to tell the truth.. i dont deal with people from ATL for most are scammers/dupers/hacks.. i have been scammed a number of times dealing with accounts on here. i have NEVER scammed anyone..

I'm saying these things for your benefit. Your reputation will not recover from this unless you step up, take responsibility, and make an overt effort to work with the seller to get this straightened out. Like it or not, you put yourself at the disadvantage here by disappearing like you did and for as long as you did. What I think or feel about it is hardly relevant. Like I said in my other post, I don't know what really happened, but I do know people. I know how this will look to those people, and I know what it will mean for your reputation. And letting you jump in front of the bus is terrible for the UOForums trade community, which I do care about because I am a part of it.

You're very defensive over this. Napoleon made a very valid argument, showing all the logs. He contacted you three times according to his logs, waited a week from his last point of contacting you to post here.

Adam e-mailed you and tried to reach you through Facebook, heard nothing from you for four days, and he's a site admin.

The fact is, you've gotten so very defensive over it without saying "I'm going to contact him and try to work this out," and looks more like you think you've been wronged when he feels he's been wronged makes it an issue. You haven't even agreed to work with him to see what's going on.

If he's trying to scam you, why the hell would he make it public? Think on that.

my moneybookers is xxxx@xxxxxxahti.fi

icey30.5.2011 18:44

Did u send $ already?

xxxx@xxxxxxahti.fi

Pappa Gummy Bear30.5.2011 19:04

i am sorry bout all this.. i just copied and pasted the address

looks like he did give the correct email address to begin with, assuming that the log hasn't been altered in some way. So did pappa gummy bear copy the email address incorrectly?

Also, I want to point out that the .f TLD does not exist, and therefore there is no email address associated with a .f domain name. So if the money was sent to that, it should have immediately been rejected as a nonexistent email address and the money returned to the sender.

Reoccurring event, someone else was exposed for some very serious fraud related issues and the ADMINS here just deleted everything. Here was a chance with some serious real evidence having the scammer posting what he did and the admins just turned around and decided.. oh well.. delete. This site is going down hill in a hurry.

If the post was deleted then there must of been a good reason and if you dont like this site,we wont force you to stay :)

Actually the evidence was moved to another area. More because it started becoming more an attack on Facebook posts rather than the real matter at hand.

and there is your answer :)

absolute power corrupts absolutely

*smiles*

Now that Pappa is back & knows what's been happening, let's give him some peace to dig into the issue. Mistakes happen. It's the weekend, so I don't know how far he can get to an answer in the next few days, but let's believe he'll work on it and have it resolved early next week.

If I had made a similar mistake & returned to read all this, I would be going through a bunch of emotions... embarrassment, anger etc. So, let's make room again for this being a mistake and that's all.