Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Dragon Armour Suggestions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Nero Blackraven

Nero Blackraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Making Armor from Dragon scales looks so super cool but the resists suck so bad that it hardly makes it worth while. You used to have to make a suit with a variety of types of scales as each type makes a higher resist in a certain area (example red scales for fire resists etc.) Even doing this it was often hard to get the resists over 45ish (when exceptionally crafted) in any one resist once the suit was fully assembled from different parts. As you can see from my picts below. Due to its downfalls, no one really uses it and you would waste any imbuing opportunities just on raising the resists to make it a 70s suit (assuming a dexer would be using a jackal's collar as well due to no dragon armour for the neck). While it doesn't need to be uber (even though it should be due to it being a lot harder to collect than leather) it should really have its resists raised a bit to make it usable again in more resent years. Something like this is such a simple thing to do and would offer a awesome variety of armor types to be useable in game. Not to mention you can dye it with metallic dye tubs like I have in the pic below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

* Resists are without neck piece as there is no dragon armour for neck.
* Each piece is a diff kind except two are red scales for extra fire and there is no yellow scale piece
* All dyed with a greenish metal dye tub hue so it looks the same and not mis-matched

Any thoughts?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I think that I agree with you that they should be brought back to life with higher resists. I mean you can dye them with a metal dye tub which tells you that they are quite hard in terms of armor in general. Are dragon scales medable?? If so, then there should be much more dragon scale armor out there then there is metal armor nowadays. Then again there isn't much metal armor anymore because of that. The only other armor other than leather that is becoming more popular is wooden armor as it has pretty decent resists especially when enhanced with special materials and they have the ability to add extra mods as well. I guess other than being a decorative suit, the dragon armor isn't that powerful at the moment but I sure would like to see it be. Maybe you could just imbue it up and see what all you can get into it. As it probably wont be too expensive in terms of imbuing materials the dragon suits might make nice high level beginner outfits. Even if they cant be just made with higher resists it would be cool if they could be enhanced somehow with nice stuff like you get from the special wood armor.

Nero Blackraven

Nero Blackraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I hear that. I am pretty sure that they are not medable but that may have been changed at some point. I hadn't even thought of wooden armour in comparison to this. Perhaps what could be done is some wood with some dragon armour to make a nice looking suit with decent mods. I do plan to imbue a suit on GL to see how I can get a 70s suit with mods in relation to making a dexer suit (obviously it will never be as uber powered as suits with mace and shield glasses or things like that). First I just want to make a suit with 70s and see what I can put on it after that (just not in the mood to waste so many powders of fort on it). We shall see though ... In the meantime, massive Boura Pelt farming comes first to pump this up.

What artie jewellery has some good resists as well this would help for sure. I know of at least one ring with 20 poison but I forgot the name.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
the ring you are referring to is the Ring Of The Vile.
Dex 8
Stam Regen 6
Hit chance 15%
Poison 20%

Its a nice ring but imbued jewels can be much much more powerful. The only atrie jewel that better than anything you can imbue in my opinion is the Orny of Magician, and that won't really do you any good on a dexxer, unless your looking to stack on FCR and FC for a 4/6 chiv or weaver caster.

I actually like to make jewels with precious stones and then imbue off of them. I only really use Turquoise the most and occasionally Dark Sapphire. Turq rings will sometimes spawn with 5% swing speed increase which is awesome for any dexxer temp, and rarely you'll get one with only a few mods on it or mods that you actually want and nothing more, those are priceless and extremely valuable. I sold a turq ring that I made once that had only 5% SSI and 1% DCI for 15 million, needless to say it ended up being a superior jewel amongst those in all of Sosaria. Dark Sapphire can be used to make bracelets that sometimes spawn with mana regen 2. Again, if you get a good one with the mods you want you can make some pretty mean pieces. I almost always make a turq ring and bracelet of whatever else I need and/or use the Orny and make a brace with whatever else I need depending on the template.

You could essentially make up for some of the resists you need on a set of self made jewels and also have some room for mods if you plan it out right.

Try to look into woodland armor some too. I like using heartwood and bloodwood to make suits with. Heartwood will give you one of 7 random mods, the two best being 10% damage increase and 5% hit chance increase. Make a few pieces first and choose the ones you want that spawn with whatever mod you want, either DI 10% HCI 5% and make sure they are exceptional for the better resists of course. Additionally heartwood gives a huge bonus to poison resist. You will like what you see once you've got a base piece, you may only need to imbue 2 of the resists up, that will leave you 2 other mods besides the HCI or DI. Bloodwood give a boost to fire resist and also gives hit point regen 2 as a bonus mod. this one isnt so useful but still is the next best one to heartwood in my opinion. If its just a boost in resists your looking for then check out the page for board on uoguide.com. Remember, if you want you can enhance after you imbue but you run a huge chance of breaking unless you use a forge tool. Even then you may not get the random mod that you want when using heartwood. I've done it before and its quite nerve racking but, I ended up with some really nice pieces that way. I imbued 5 mods and then got a 6th one with the enhance.

You could definitely consider using a woodland gorget as there isn't a dragon neck piece. The pants and arms look sort of similar too. But you'll definitely want to stay with the helm and gloves for the overall look that you want I assume.

Let me know what you find out, I've made a ton of wood suits, I love them. Even though they are not medable they are still quite powerful and cool looking. I've got a ton of dragon scales I've been meaning to craft too so I'm with you in this process. I mess around a little too and let you know if I find anything else out. Good luck!

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
I've seen a few killer pieces of dragon scale armor.

I asked the guy about it and he said he burnt a colored hammer to get it. I think it was either valorite or gold, but don't recall which.

Nimuaq

Nimuaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
You can at most have 42 resists with GM made Dragon Armor without a platemail neck piece or 51-52 resists with the platemail neck piece. It has the same total resist with the platemail armor but it doesn't have the +13 bonus from valorite, it has at most +7 bonus instead.

This means you need to have +30 resist bonus imbued or from other items to make it at least the same as a regular GM made platemail armor.

I think scale bonus should be tweaked too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
..I, like you, once desired my freedom from the limits placed on me. I watched in disgust as this world became engrossed with the preaching of virtue and none of the practice..

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I agree totally. Dragon armor is way cool but unfortunately very underpowered.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Nero Blackraven

Nero Blackraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I really wish this issue would be addressed ... things keep getting added to the game but no one takes the time to tweak the old stuff.

Vessel the Humakti

Vessel the Humakti

UO YouTube Creator日本語共同߮

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Mmmm.... Some of Japanese Players use Dragon Armor for make himself something difference. And now, we can do imbuing, Dragon Armor is not best choice, but I think it is enough for using.

I can report that at least some players choose merit more ”Looks” than strength.

BTW, I agree with the proposal that a certain merit should be given to this, from the viewpoint of game balance. However, the merit regards me as it not being necessary to be the same advantage as other equip.
Then, the same equipment from which graphics differ will be done.

How about add "Damage Eaters" property? It is not major Magic Effect but it is useful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://vesseljpn.blogspot.jp/

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Tis a shame they haven't done more with those pieces since I'm sure it was quite the effort to development the artwork for it all.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Personally I think it should be more like the woodland armor for elves, where you can get HCI DI or whatever by the color...

Vessel the Humakti

Vessel the Humakti

UO YouTube Creator日本語共同߮

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Personally I think it should be more like the woodland armor for elves, where you can get HCI DI or whatever by the color...

When you want to get woodland properties, you can choose Woodland armor with Elf Char.
Human is not Elf, Elf is not Human,too. Woodland Armor is one of Elven Culture. You welcome their culture, you can change to Elf.

Although making all the same looks fair, it is exactly throwing away individuality.
It has a mutually different sense of values, and has different cultural customs and style.
Although fairness is an important element in a game, it cannot consent to killing individuality for the reason.

Let's look for some another, just right new privileges!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://vesseljpn.blogspot.jp/

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

When you want to get woodland properties, you can choose Woodland armor with Elf Char.
Human is not Elf, Elf is not Human,too. Woodland Armor is one of Elven Culture. You welcome their culture, you can change to Elf.

Although making all the same looks fair, it is exactly throwing away individuality.
It has a mutually different sense of values, and has different cultural customs and style.
Although fairness is an important element in a game, it cannot consent to killing individuality for the reason.

Let's look for some another, just right new privileges!

Elves still have their 20 mana nightsite and 75 energy resist...
Humans have increased HPR and JOAT 20 in each skill (if you dont have med or focus on templates this equates to 3 MR)
Gargs have +5 natural HCI, 50 HCI cap, 3MR, and get throwing weapons (the hardest hitting weapons in the game and are all 1 handed with amazing specials.
Personally I think individualization should stop at the race, it shouldnt carry over into armor perks.

PS: there are faction earrings to allow humans to wear elf armor and they are cheap and easy to replace even with the new rules...

silence201

silence201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
What about being able to reskin armor like they allow in other games? U find armor u like te stats of and put them on armor u like the way it looks. That way everyone won't walk around with leather or wood armor