Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Discord/Mystic

10 replies to this topic

Commando Rambo

Commando Rambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
This is a temp we've been trying to put together for some time now. Pvm toon. Primary concept, discord+rising colossus. Active in champ spawns, medusa, and peerless of sorts. Anyone have experience with anything similar? We're having a tough time making room for all the skills required.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Experience, no... but try this:
120 music
120 discord
120 mystic
120 focus
120 magery
120 med/EI/resist/provoke/peace (depending on what you feel like)

It should satisfy all of your requirements.
Posted Image

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I haven't played this type of toon before but I am very interested. I've been brainstorming a bit here, and having trouble filling it out as well. Could go a number of different ways with it. I'll list what I was thinking of and maybe that will get the gears turning for all of us.

First of all, these skills are a must: (assuming we're using a 4yr account with 720 available skill points)

Disco 120
Music 120
Mystic 120
Focus 120

The next several sets of skills are pretty much everything I could think of off the bat without a ton of effort. I'll explain what I thought they might be good for and what they might be lacking. I'm sure I may be missing a few things. But at least it will all be here in one spot so we can start sorting things out.

Meditation/Spellweaving

The Med offers more mana regen for Mystic casting and for song upkeep if bard mastery spells are to be used. Weaving offers a plethora of great abilities for this temp. A couple examples could be casting attunement and gift of renewal on your party members and using word of death on a near dead boss monster for lots of extra damage, this would definitely get you in the running for the top 6 damagers in terms of scrolls earned. This set of skills however doesn't offer any kind of transportation that might be available from say magery or chiv. One could always carry some jewels or scrolls or whatever to over come that, as there isn't much recalling going on in spawn dungeons anyway.

Med/Peace or Med/Provo

This would mainly be used for bard mastery in terms of helping out your party members in addition to discoing the beast. The Med is of course needed for song upkeep. Again travel would need to be supplemented somehow via jewels, scrolls or both.

Mage/Eval

All the magery spells become available for use in this temp. Travel is in the mix now. Med is not here which may mean being short on mana in heavy casting situations. Focus is not really enough on its own.

Hiding/Stealth ???

not sure if disco is maintained through being hidden. This might be nice if you could though. Cast an RC, disco your target, hide and follow, rinse and repeat.

Med/Chiv

Many of the abilities offered through Chiv are rendered useless without a weapon skill but, with a 4/6 suit you could make use of spaming Holy Light. Not sure if this is as good an option as some of the others considering your using a whole 120 points for one spell. And even then you don't need nearly that much to cast it as the effect and duration of Chiv is based off of karma and not skill.

Tactics/Arch or Tact/Throwing

You could stay at a distance and ping away at your target as well as having your RC chip away at it.

Necro/Spirit

There are some good spells here that could be used to help increase your overall damage output. Spirit is another form of healing when its needed.

There might be a few others but I'm not sure what they are just yet. Need to do some more digging. I personally like the Med/Weaving option the best. After a 6 strength circle the spells are quite useful in terms of what they do for you and your party. Gift of life can come in handy around spawns with no shrines. Word of death will bring a boss down fast towards the end of a battle. Wildfire, especially at 6 str would be wide enough to help out a lot in the mob stages.

I'm curious as to what you were thinking about before and what different temps you came up with. Was I anywhere close to what you had in mind with any of these options. Some of these temps might be better than others in certain situations. If you have soulstones available you might consider having them around to interchange depending on where you hunt that day. Let me know where your at and what your thinking. I may build one of these chars eventually, I'm in the process of training up my bard skills now, slowly but surely. Haven't even really put them to the test yet.

Commando Rambo

Commando Rambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the thoughts.

Mcnuge, to answer your question.. We're currently training this toon up with Magery and Eval. Nothing exciting, I know. She's familiar with magery so I figured that foundation would allow her to explore more with the discord and mysticism.

As far as future ventures with this temp.. One unusual combo we're planning to explore would be the addition of either peace/provo for barding buffs. This in addition to chiv AND some med. Its possible we may utilize chiv for 4/6 healing abilities and for travel obviously. Depending on how low we set chiv for these purposes we'll throw remaining skill towards med.

The possibilities you've mentioned are all viable options. I'll report back as we attempt them! Thanks for the ideas!

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
t'was a pleasure adding my thoughts to the mix. Good luck!

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

This is a temp we've been trying to put together for some time now. Pvm toon. Primary concept, discord+rising colossus. Active in champ spawns, medusa, and peerless of sorts. Anyone have experience with anything similar? We're having a tough time making room for all the skills required.

My Bard is working towards this template. 720 Real Skill, rest is via imbued jewelry.

120 Music
120 Provo
120 Peace
120 Discord
110 Mystic
100 Focus
100 Resist

I'm into the crafting corner of our sandbox so I don't hunt the high end mobs. How good an RC would do vs the high end mobs is up in the air. A blackrock golem slaughtered RCs for hours when I decided to kill one months back. Like a dragon wasting mongbats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
When I used to play my mage on Napa, I couldn't stand 2 things:

• I couldn't stand running out of mana.
  • I couldn't stand not having resist.

I would do something like this:

120 Music
120 Discord
120 Mysitic
120 Focus
120 Resist
65 Chivalry
55-120 Meditation

What ever skill points you can get through items, dump those points into Meditation. 65 Chivalry for the sole purpose of 100% Sacred Journey.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I just was thinking about temps and things and about doing pirate hunts. I had a thought that a disco mystic would kick some serious butt on the pirate questing. The pirate is usually really easy, just takes a long time. I usually cast like 6 or more RCs in the process. But if you disco the pirate first he might go down much quicker. Just a thought. I might try it out soon, I'll let ya know how it works.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Myst
120 Focus
100 Magery
100 Spirit Speak
40 Necro (wraith)
Lotta mana regen ticks on the suit to assist.
3 ticks on my book.
I cant just cast and cast and cast, but I can be very effective!!
Now, if I could just work out how to get 110 spellweave......

Edit....sorry. Musta been sleep-posting.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
But you need SS for wraith to work properly.

jack_handy

jack_handy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

But you need SS for wraith to work properly.

I was thinking the same thing, whats his trick i wonder? hmmm......

Reply to this topic