Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Whammy Template?

4 replies to this topic

Safari

Safari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Would someone post a typical whammy template & its use? I have seen the template name since returning to UO but have no idea what it is.

Thx!

UO Catskills - Bronx / Confetti / Katmandu / Chiclet / Opera / Safari / Avalanche
UO Atlantic -
Chianti ~ ~ WoW Emerald Dream - Weeza

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Whammy is a bad way of saying any template which uses wraith form and bushido... or lately, wraith form and any weapon skill.

So any template with 110-120 weapon, 90 or more tactics, 100 or more bushido, 30 or more necromancy and some (typically 90-100) spirit speak.

The idea is that you leech more from using curse weapon than vampire form and if you have wraith form, you never have to worry about mana (until your opponent runs out).

The most popular I've seen in my last days (which was recent) was:
120 throwing
100 tactics
120 bushido
100 anatomy
100 necromancy
100 spirit speak
80 chivalry

This is a versatile template in that one can change out 'throwing' for any weapon skill, then as a human or elf, still use the swamp dragon in vamp form or just use wraith form as needed.

(coincidently, it is exactly my first 'sampire' which I used four years ago... but I had mace fighting back then on an elf character)

Throwing or archery is best since keeping your distance means relying on your leeches less than a melee character would need to.
Posted Image

Safari

Safari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Thx Farsight! I'll give one a go.

UO Catskills - Bronx / Confetti / Katmandu / Chiclet / Opera / Safari / Avalanche
UO Atlantic -
Chianti ~ ~ WoW Emerald Dream - Weeza

albiorix

albiorix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
what kind of stats you want for this template?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I use one handed weeps for swords, mostly radiants for mobs and katanas for bosses, so it gives me a free hand to chug and I keep my stats right around where once I chug the cap up for both str and dex. Dex is first important as you need to swing fast to leech fast. Str is next and also try to hit your cap hp increase of 25 in cases where hard hitting bosses take good whacks at you, I've survived on a few hps often all thway down from 150. Mana you don't have to worry about as you are either using vamp form and a mana leech wep or wraith form. I just set up a friend of mine with a sampire and his stats are 105 str 105 dex and 45 int. After my suit bonuses and chugging str and agility pots and eatin a rose petal he's at 150 150 92 final stats in hp stam and mana. Hopefully that gives a good idea of where to start.

Reply to this topic