Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

alacrity scroll skill gain limitation?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
is there a maximum amount of skill that you can gain per 'session' or per day or per alacrity scroll or something along these lines?

because i had 3 alacrity scrolls and i used them in succession to increase my skill from 52 to 85 in roughly one hour (had to break in-between scrolls to get all my tools and resources ready).

what i noticed was that the skill gain progression was more or less steady until around 82 or so... actually, i believe the first 2 alacrity scrolls took me from 52 to 83. then it seemed like i hit a brick wall and the last alacrity scroll only got me 2 points of skill gain (from 83 to 85)!

has anyone had similar experiences with hitting this 'invisible skill gain wall' before?

is this normal? is this a built-in game limitation to stop people from gaining skill too quickly (perhaps a measure against macroers and such)?

it just seems like a waste of the alacrity scroll... had i known this was going to happen i would not have used it. >_<

thanks,
Etoh

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I don't think it has anything to do with alacrity scrolls, it's just harder to level up from 80 to 100 or higher. However, on cooking i found an alacrity scroll, used it and went from 91-93 in 15 minutes. After that, back to slow slow slow

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
okay thx, i guess it seemed like hitting a brick wall to me since before 83 the skill gain was night and day faster...

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Also depends on your other skills. Its easier to level if you have no skills GMed than if you have multiple

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
that's good to know! ... i should swap out my other GM skills then! so everything is 0! right now the total skill points used on my character is 705.. so only 15 points left... no wonder skill gain is painfully slow.. >_<

it's so slow right now that it seems even the guaranteed gain system isn't working >_<

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Grab a few soulstones, pull some of them off. BUt yeah, that would be why. GGS factors in as well at that point

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

is there a maximum amount of skill that you can gain per 'session' or per day or per alacrity scroll or something along these lines?

There is definitely no maximum skill gain per session.

There is a common trick on Siege Perilous where you eat an Alacrity Scroll in a safe to log out location to gain a maximum amount of skill once you hit RoT. Once the scroll is eaten, you log in, use the skill once, and log out. After that, you wait 5-15 minutes and then do it again. Essentially, you gain every single time you log in because RoT gives a guaranteed gain. The full 15 in-game minutes of Alacrity are used up.

The point it that with 2 Alacrity Scrolls you get go from 70.0 to about 115.0+ in any skill (that can be done in a place you can log out and in). So anyone who is doing this is gaining roughly ~25.0 skill points off a single scroll.

(Alacrity Scrolls are very expensive on Siege.)

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

There is definitely no maximum skill gain per session.

There is a common trick on Siege Perilous where you eat an Alacrity Scroll in a safe to log out location to gain a maximum amount of skill once you hit RoT. Once the scroll is eaten, you log in, use the skill once, and log out. After that, you wait 5-15 minutes and then do it again. Essentially, you gain every single time you log in because RoT gives a guaranteed gain. The full 15 in-game minutes of Alacrity are used up.

The point it that with 2 Alacrity Scrolls you get go from 70.0 to about 115.0+ in any skill (that can be done in a place you can log out and in). So anyone who is doing this is gaining roughly ~25.0 skill points off a single scroll.

(Alacrity Scrolls are very expensive on Siege.)

thanks for this tip! what is RoT?

do you mean ~45.0 skill points for every single scroll? (115 - 70)

lets say with the alacrity scroll you get an average of 0.3 gained each time. so 45.0 / 0.3 = 150. that's 150 times of logging in and back out! and if you were to do this every 15 minutes that's a total of 2250 minutes! a little more than a full day and a half...