Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The new NO TRADE NO DROP items

- - - - - drop items trade

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Scosglen

Scosglen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I really hope that UO is not going to make these items stuck on our chars. Why could they not make them soulbound instead.

Reference here: http://boards.strati...=5&o=31&fpart=1

This is going a little too far. What if I want to display the item? What if I want to trash it?

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
What you want?

*and a chorus of many bankers and business executives did fill the air*

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Scosglen

Scosglen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hi Terrance!

I don't understand your reply. *confused*

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
The no drop aspect makes little sense to me. It is now stuck in your backpack forever. I wouldn't want that. You should at least be able to lock it down as a decoration.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
It's only going to apply to certain EM event items or extreme rares. Most likely display clothing. There's this big debate on how certain EM event items were way too overpowered, then when a duper got a hold of them, they were duped to all hell. To add a no drop, no trade to an item ensures that it'll stay with the original owner for good.

Most of the event items were given to to the participants with the intention of being a reward for their efforts, but some of the people who attend these events only have greed in their eyes and want to have an item that they can later sell/trade for something they desire more. They're getting sick of people who attend events for only this purpose, especially when they complain that the item they receive is dumb.

This will eliminate these type of players for good, while still offering a reward for the event. The only problem that will arise from this, is that certain players who attend too many events will have their max item count in the pack reduced, depending on how many events they go to.

I personally think they should add a tag to each event item. That tag will designate this item only useable by the person who first owned it. Sort of like a personal bless, except no other character can use it except the original owner. This will eliminate people trying to sell or trade that said item, cause most people only want these items to use themselves, not for just display. The only problem that would arise is that the item would still be dupeable, but otherwise it's worthless to anyone but the original owner, unless you want it for house deco.

Scosglen

Scosglen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
""" I personally think they should add a tag to each event item. That tag will designate this item only useable by the person who first owned it. Sort of like a personal bless, except no other character can use it except the original owner. This will eliminate people trying to sell or trade that said item, cause most people only want these items to use themselves, not for just display. The only problem that would arise is that the item would still be dupeable, but otherwise it's worthless to anyone but the original owner, unless you want it for house deco. """

Exactly what I meant by soulbound. Sorry a term from Wow but it is good.

It is an honor to get the item but it should not be stuck on our body or in our pack.

They need to rethink this idea.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

The only problem that will arise from this, is that certain players who attend too many events will have their max item count in the pack reduced, depending on how many events they go to.

It is an honor to get the item but it should not be stuck on our body or in our pack.

This is what I thought too. If you attend enough events and are lucky enough to get rewards, then you're gonna end up with chars with full packs.

Just make them no trade items, but let them be dropped into a bank box if we want or use them as deco. Would that be good?

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
well the problem with that is that they'd still be tradeable, all you have to do is go to a secure area and drop it on the ground so the other player can take it.

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
On a serious note, I don't think _anything_ should be done. I do not think UO should have item trade between players restricted to any degree. That's something we expect from WoW but not the open world of UO. I don't sell my event items..but were I to wish to donate one to our shard's quest item museum? Or even if I wanted to sell it..that's really no one else's business. Let's not turn UO into a locked out, restricted WoW clone...
...well, let's not make it any closer.

Let's not make everything a proprietary instance... The dungeons, the loot, the rewards, the equipment.
That's WoW. It's kindergarten.
If you don't _really_ want the item to exist in the hands of the players..then make the item fictional & unseen, like the pearls you fish up for Elwood in Haven.

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
The way that no drop/no trade works in EverQuest is that all such items are labeled as such, so if there is no reason for you to pick it up, you don't. If you do, the only way you can get rid of the item is to delete it, there is an option for that.

So in a case of a friend helping you to kill a mob that you need a no drop item from, the friend might to all the work and allow you to loot the corpse, so that only the person needing the item will take it.

In EverQuest, no-drop/no trade items can be stored in your bank box. The only things you can't do with the item are give them/sell them/trade them to another player, or discard the item. You keep it or you delete it, those are the two choices available.

I would guess that UO will do something like this for these items. It's proven to work, after all.

Posted Image

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
This "solution to potential duping" is just a punishment to UO players. The real problem here is that event items can and are being transferred from their home shards, and it doesn't look like this "No Trade No Drop" property actually solves that.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Scosglen

Scosglen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

The way that no drop/no trade works in EverQuest is that all such items are labeled as such, so if there is no reason for you to pick it up, you don't. If you do, the only way you can get rid of the item is to delete it, there is an option for that.

So in a case of a friend helping you to kill a mob that you need a no drop item from, the friend might to all the work and allow you to loot the corpse, so that only the person needing the item will take it.

In EverQuest, no-drop/no trade items can be stored in your bank box. The only things you can't do with the item are give them/sell them/trade them to another player, or discard the item. You keep it or you delete it, those are the two choices available.

I would guess that UO will do something like this for these items. It's proven to work, after all.

That I could agree with. I just am not liking the idea of being stuck with an item in my pack, person or bankbox.

This is a new property and hopefully the Dev team are willing to tweak it a little. Also, in WoW we are able to sell soulbound items to NPC's (only NPC's.)

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
This isn't WoW or Everquest, or any copy cat UO knockoff, this is UO.What anyone does with an event item or any item is no concern of anyone else's except the one who has possesion of that item.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

This isn't WoW or Everquest, or any copy cat UO knockoff, this is UO.What anyone does with an event item or any item is no concern of anyone else's except the one who has possesion of that item.

Agreed. Just another aspect of an open, diverse game that is being ruined all in the name of the item cronies and makes the game that much more like the boring, lead-the-donkey-with-a-carrot-on-a-string garbage that you find in other MMORPGs out there.

After UO has been handed to Mythic, I might add...

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
The no Trade/Drop idea will really hurt Shard museums. I know the guy on Siege has done a tremendous job of tracking items down to show. I love the historical idea of it.

My 2 gps

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Well, basically if people would just stop duping and attending events for the sole purpose of just getting items, then they wouldn't have to do this. Since that's never going to happen, they had to do something.

Personally, it's an internal issue. They need to stop giving EM's the ability to make ridiculous items, cause they always just end up getting duped. If not now, it will later, when someone discovers a new way of duping.

This is an okay temporary fix, till they figure out another solution, without getting rid of events entirely. Once they figure something better out, get rid of the whole no trade/no drop thing.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Oh, I agree any items should be very basic at best. The inscription for the event is really all that's needed. The simple coiins and candies for the most part get lost with time. It's nice to see some of the older unique items.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Yea, some really old school event items were just regular weapons or armor with a unique name attached to it. Worthless in battle situations, but nice to wear. They should leave it at that for now, till they can figure out a better way to regulate the making of items that will actually be decent in combat.

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I don't think the no trade, no drop should be put in place period.

Treat the playerbase like a bunch of preschoolers, and eventually that's all you have left playing mentality wise.

I tried to trade such an item but then saw CEO Larry Probst shaking what I thought to be his finger at me, except it wasn't his finger.....

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
From what I read on the Rares Collector Forum, they are able to be dropped in your bank box.

The worst thing to me is the tag!

Posted Image

HUGE BLOCK LETTERS. WE GET THE IDEA...

This is something that is supposed to be worn to be displayed, yes? Thats like getting an Armani shirt and the "Made in Italy" tag is bigger than the Armani one...

If they had a cool one word description (Soulbound is taken I see...too bad) and kept it fairly small and out of the way, I wouldnt have as much a problem with it.

If they are going to do this, why would they use it on anything that is just deco? Isnt to stop people from being able to dupe "powerful" things? Who cares if they dupe a Fancy Shirt that says "I roxxors da PvP comp."?

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drop, items, trade