Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PvM Template Help

12 replies to this topic

Scott

Scott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey everyone,

I am currently dealing with the following template of skills:
Eval Intelligence 100
Fishing 100
Focus 100
Magery 100
Meditation 100
Mysticism 74.8
Resisting Spells 86

I would like to branch this character into soloing champion spawns but am not sure if they will be ready by the time I get Mysticism up to 100. So my question would be, is there something here I need to tweek to accomplish that goal?

If possible, I would like to keep fishing on this character; as I enjoy the skill quite a lot.

Other than that, I have read tons of different ideas on these forums about how to go about PvM, but a lot of those posts are fairly old. Also as a returning player from 2001, I am a little overwhelmed at all the changes so far :P

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
My first advice is you will want to have magery and eval higher than 100. You don't get flawless level 8 spell casting till you are 115 magery or higher, which can be essential if you need to cast energy vortexs or earth elementals often.

I'm not horribly familiar with mysticism, to be honest, so i can't say how well that works, but resist is great to have.

How old is your account? If it's more than 48 months time on the paperdoll, then you have an additional 20 points to spend.

Scott

Scott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It is currently at 69 months. How do I redeem those skill points?

Thank you for the feedback!

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
You don't need to redeem them, they're just added to your skill cap.

Now, in order to raise your skill above 100, you need to have the apropriate power scroll for it. So if you wanted to go to 115 or 120, you'd have to buy the appropriate scroll from a player vendor...or run a fel champ spawn and hope it drops hehe.

Scott

Scott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

You don't need to redeem them, they're just added to your skill cap.

Now, in order to raise your skill above 100, you need to have the apropriate power scroll for it. So if you wanted to go to 115 or 120, you'd have to buy the appropriate scroll from a player vendor...or run a fel champ spawn and hope it drops hehe.

Yeah that's what I figured. I think my skill cap is at 750, or at least that is what my skill box shows for my total skill points.

Are these Champ spawns soloable? I don't mind going with people, but I just don't know anyone at all on Atlantic. Everyone I use to play with back in 2000 is gone =(

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I've never tried to solo a champ spawn, but if I did, and I think I might try, I would only really do one of them, being Baracoon, and I would only do it with one template, a sampire. Other than that I don't think there is any way to solo a champ spawn.

As for you skill cap, just to be clear. You start out with a 700 point raw cap. You earn 5 extra points each year until you reach 4 years at which point the total raw cap becomes 720. If you are wearing skill enhancing jewels or armor you can take you total skill level above and beyond the 720 mark. I actually have a stealth thief with upwards of about 800 skill points after all the extra skill enhancing jewels and armor. His raw skill is still only 720 however. And then of course its pretty obvious that you have to have a scroll of power to reach anything above 100 in any individual skill. Try to find at least some 115s in the skills you need them most.

I would say that you need mysticism to be above 100 as well. Rising Colossus is a beast and can do some serious damage. He will be your friend in times of need. Depending on what your fighting, an RC (rising colossus) may be more effective than 2 EVs (energy vortex). Or vice versa.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I might also recommend that you put your fishing on a soulstone and really work your template so that you can do some real damage. Perhaps you could put it on another character so that you can go fishing when you feel the urge.

In terms of your template I don't really use mages a whole lot ( I love my sampire). But if you want to get your resisting spells up in a hurry heres a method you can use that will get it to 100 in less than 10 minutes.

Go to new haven and go down to the old town where all the spectral spell binders hang out. Attack them and get them to follow you, dont kill them. Get as many on you as you can and just let them cast away. You will seriously get to GM resist in a matter on minutes. You can even get to 120 this way very quickly. I think there's a house down in the south eastern or western part of the town that has a broken wall that you can get into and close the door behind you so that they don't do any physical damage to you ( its not that much anyway) just make sure they have a direct view of you.

You may wish to try swapping out your fishing for spell weaving. You'll have to do the quest but weaving has some great skills that come in handy with mobs and bosses.

Good luck in your temp building, hope I was able to assist.

Scott

Scott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the reply.

How can I take fishing off my character and move it to another? I have heard about this but don't know what to do.

Second; when you get a power scroll and unlock +15 or +20 to a skill, does the skill automatically raise to +15 or +20? Or do you have to manually raise it, all the scroll effectively does is unlock the 'potential' of +15 or +20?

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Scott

to take off any skill you need either a soulstone (unlimited uses) or soulstone fragment (5 uses) which will allow you to take skill off one character and put it on another character provided you have enough skill point space on the character you wish to add the skill to.

when you eat a power scroll it only unlocks the potential and I always check to make sure that skill is pointed up anyways. also power scrolls do not stack ie if you eat 4 power scrolls of +5 swordsmanship you will not be at 120 only 105.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Soulstones can be purchased from the UOGameCodes Store as well as being available as a 1st year vet reward.

Scott

Scott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Soulstones can be purchased from the UOGameCodes Store as well as being available as a 1st year vet reward.

Ugh, I wish I knew this. Instead I wasted my rewards on frill like ethereal mounts lol.

Thanks everyone! Now if I could just meet some people in game =)

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Luna is the best place to find people in game, not sure where else on Atlantic.

The shard I play on is mostly empty, but that's always been the case for Origin.

Scott

Scott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Luna is the best place to find people in game, not sure where else on Atlantic.

The shard I play on is mostly empty, but that's always been the case for Origin.

Yeah, kind of sucks for new players or returning players.

Reply to this topic